Barber shop a must do in MK

PEANUT1

You can Fly!
Our daughter had the best time at the barber shop in Magic Kingdom. For $14 she got a hair cut and then they applied pixie dust and embelishments to her hair. She felt so special. Everyone we saw at the parks made comments to her about it....and it is a bargain. We went back again and did just the color streaks and pixie dust and it was I think 7$....so worth it.

If you do decide to do it, get there at park opening or you will wait forever. oh I forgot they also gave her Mickey ears that said "my first haircut".

IMG_0967.jpg

IMG_0971.jpg

Thank you for posting a photo along with your experience at the barber shop. I've been wondering what exactly it is they do there and it was nice to get a visual. I had casually looked at the BBB but was turned off by the expense and thought my DD3 would be too young to really appreciate such an experience. Sounds like the MK barber shop will be the perfect alternative for us. Thanks again!

DS6 has gotten this done for the last 2 years. $5 for boys. He gets so much more attention from the characters and during shows like Turtle Talk and Monsters, Inc. He was called on at both shows due to his hair.

IMG_4914.jpg

IMG_4985.jpg

IMG_4989.jpg

The amount of confetti is CRAZY. He got called "disco ball head" at Monsters, Inc.

Thank you for posting! I had kind of forgotten about the barber shop. My dd will be 22 months and she has not gotten a cut yet - that would be so much fun! Thank you for reminding me!Great photos!

My dd5 got her first haircut there in Nov, we tried last year, but I did'nt know they closed at 5 and we missed it by 15 min:sad1: So I made dd wait another year, but it was so worth it.

DISNEY241.jpg

DISNEY243.jpg

it seems like some people don't know about this place, but it will be on our to do list for our next trip too.:)

If you do decide to do it, get there at park opening or you will wait forever. oh I forgot they also gave her Mickey ears that said "my first haircut".

:wizard:

was it indeed her first haircut? Your daughter looks much older than that!

how exciting. I'll add this to the list of must-dos for our upcoming trip!

Yes it actually was her first haircut...if you can believe it. She was 3 years and 10 months old. My husband couldn't bare to cut the curls.:)

wow!! thanks for the pictures will make sure my DD (2 1/2) gets her first Haircut there when we go on our first trip to WDW in April...

Is park opening the only time to go that isn't crowded? I wonder if it would be a fun activity to kill a couple hours our arrival day. I don't really want to venture all the way into the parks... but we will be there at 11am and have an ADR at Chef Mickey's at 6:30PM. My boys are 2 & 3....

DD has had her hair cut there twice, both times by Miss Penny, we love her. DD doesn't want anyone else to cut her hair besides Penny. We make a stop every trip.

Miss Diane cut my son and husband's hair in January. By far, there were more kids getting the paint and sparkles in their hair than there were folks getting haircuts. We headed straight for the barber shop when we got to Magic Kingdom, but I read somewhere (maybe on these boards) that another good time to go to the barber shop is during the afternoon parade. FYI - the adult haircut was $17 and the youth haircut was $14.

Chris

DS(then 5.5) got his first haircut there. It was very neat and the barber banded up the pony tail before he cut it off so I could save it. He was very entertaining and chatted with DS about pirates (and called around to find out appearance times for Jack sparrow for us). I think we got there first thing in the morning.

and DS got mouse ears for it being his first haircut....i think he was probably one of the oldest boys to be getting a first haircut.

disneypics070.jpg

disneypics075.jpg

disneypics079.jpg

DS(then 5.5) got his first haircut there. It was very neat and the barber banded up the pony tail before he cut it off so I could save it. He was very entertaining and chatted with DS about pirates (and called around to find out appearance times for Jack sparrow for us). I think we got there first thing in the morning.

and DS got mouse ears for it being his first haircut....i think he was probably one of the oldest boys to be getting a first haircut.

disneypics070.jpg

disneypics075.jpg

disneypics079.jpg

Oh my goodness, what beautiful hair your son has/had!

As many times as I've been...never noticed this place!! My little one will only be 8 months when we go...but my girls would love this. Is it right there as you walk into Main Street?

yes, it is right next to the big door where the parade floats come out. it is tucked away in the corner on the left of the entrance.

Yes it actually was her first haircut...if you can believe it. She was 3 years and 10 months old. My husband couldn't bare to cut the curls.:)

LOL--my twin girls will be SIX in June and have never had a hair cut--not even so much as a trim! They have curly hair and I've been loathe to cut it; plus it took FOREVER to grow in, and still isn't very long. Maybe I can hold off until Dec 2009, which is when our next WDW trip is being planned for!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter