Barack Obama--why the excitement?

He's extremely charismatic, well spoken, intelligent, and has a gift for working a crowd. I saw him speak just recently and Jenny's right- he's electric.

I've done a bit of reading on him and where he stands on the issues and I really like what I've seen so far. He's a breath of fresh air to voters who are jaded by the status quo of Washington. I don't think he's experienced enough for 2008 but I think the eventuality of him running (in 12 or 16) is a great idea.

I believe he is a different type of politician. He really seems to care about repairing the flaws in America and helping its people. He doesn't, to me at least, want great power, fame or money. He actually believes in what he says and that we can make this a better country.

ericamanda01 said:
I believe he is a different type of politician. He really seems to care about repairing the flaws in America and helping its people. He doesn't, to me at least, want great power, fame or money. He actually believes in what he says and that we can make this a better country.
I have to agree with this. When he was running for Senator, this is how DH and I felt about him. We have paid attention to the things he is doing, and we our proud to have him as our Senator.

As for him running, I am not sure if 2008 is too soon, but as of right now, he would have my vote.

Hmmm none of the real hot-button issues are addressed in his "On The Issues" section. From what I have seen and have read, he seems like a good man. I think 2008 is too soon for him, however.

Miss Jasmine said:
Hmmm none of the real hot-button issues are addressed in his "On The Issues" section. From what I have seen and have read, he seems like a good man. I think 2008 is too soon for him, however.
I agree with you.

Miss Jasmine said:

I agree and I am putting on my flame suit: 2008 is Hillary's year. She is smart, capable, experienced, has a HUGE war chest, and most importantly, I believe she can win.

JPN4265 said:
He is young, pretty, and black. What else needs to be said. Other then he has no experience in politics.

That actually describes me, too... a few years ago... but otherwise is the most ignorant statement I've heard probably today. I'm sure I'll see more if I stay logged on.

More fodder to share with my co workers. Keep 'em comin!!!!
:rotfl2:

I hope to god that the democratic party does not put Obama or Hillary Clinton as the top Democratic contenders in 2008. Dont get me wrong, I would pbbly like if Clinton was to become president. Obama, well... Beside the good speech he had in the Democratic convention, I dont know what else he has done. The problem is this country is too darn full of Good Ol' Boys that will automatically diss someone who is a woman or black... Well anyone who is not an older White man. This includes democrats. I cannot wait till a democrat, or someone not republican become Prez. But sadly it just wont happen with a woman or minority candidate.

punkin said:
I agree and I am putting on my flame suit: 2008 is Hillary's year. She is smart, capable, experienced, has a HUGE war chest, and most importantly, I believe she can win.
I don't know if she could win, but I agree this is her year to run.

Robinrs said:
That actually describes me, too... a few years ago... but otherwise is the most ignorant statement I've heard probably today. I'm sure I'll see more if I stay logged on.

Out of curiousity, which part was ignorant? Is Barack old, white and ugly? :confused3 :confused3

Robinrs said:

ROBIN! You owe me a computer monitor! I snorted Diet Pepsi all over that sucker. :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Thank you, thank you, thank you for having such a wonderfully humorous way of responding to the BS posted by some of the charmers around here.

The Mayor said:
He's the Democratic flavor of the month. Just remember that Bill Clinton and Jesse Jackson were "electric and gave good speeches" also.

Well, it's a pretty long "month" then, because his star has been rising (on the national level) since his speach at the Dem convention in 2004. We've been hearing about him a lot lately because he just published another book and has been hiting the talk show circut to promote it, that's all.

As one lonely voice in the wilderness that tends to come down on the conservative side on fiscal issues and the lib side on social issues, I would just tell you that I'm not "excited" about him nor would I vote for him for in the end he seems like another big govt spending hyper lib.

I think he is a little less objectionable however, 'cause he's not as obsessed with scandal mongering, raw partisanship for partinsanship sake that seeems to have totally plagued and stifled most of the dems in Washington these days and he's just a little fresher, less abrasive cat, that has a lot of charisma.

aztecgoods said:
As one lonely voice in the wilderness that tends to come down on the conservative side on fiscal issues and the lib side on social issues, I would just tell you that I'm not "excited" about him nor would I vote for him for in the end he seems like another big govt spending hyper lib.

I think he is a little less objectionable however, 'cause he's not as obsessed with scandal mongering, raw partisanship for partinsanship sake that seeems to have totally plagued and stifled most of the dems in Washington these days and he's just a little fresher, less abrasive cat, that has a lot of charisma.

Just curious, and this isn't a flame, but what makes you think that?

punkin said:

Just curious can you articulate for me specifically why/what/how she is so "smart", I keep hearing that she is the smartest women alive, but I've yet to see a single shred of evidence in that department. Unless you want to qualify her as smart 'cause Bill's campaign folks initially circulated a rumor that she was going to run for Senate in NY, when the intellectually superior voters there were polled and it popped up that she could win, she moves there and runs and wins?? Is that why she's smart, or would that just make her opportunistic?

Chicago526 said:
Just curious, and this isn't a flame, but what makes you think that?

Since I'm assuming you want specific facts, give me a little while and I'll get back to ya, lil busy at the moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter