Bar Crawl?

n5749w

Mouseketeer
Has anyone organized a bar crawl on the Fantasy? Does anyone have any tips?

**Editing to add that we have several first time Disney cruisers this time around. We are looking for a way to get to know each other and the layout of the ship. We are thinking that it could work really well to have a starting point where we will all meet and then continue from there either alone or in groups. In my head, it is more social and laid back rather than a race to a drunk line. ;)

Thank you so much for sharing your ideas!! Come sail with us February 22, 2020!

Last edited:
I am sure we could all brainstorm some awesome drinking games

* a shot every time you see a Mickey head

* whenever you’re handed a drink, you need to say a Disney related phrase,
If you forget you need to scull

This. I don't really get the new for a "bar crawl" on a ship where the majority of the bars are in one district.

For the next cruise we have quite a bit of newbies, as in new to Disney, we were trying to organize a “get to know your bars” and each other event.

O’Gills is my personal favorite and I would be happy hanging around there. Branching out is nice too, I suppose.

Sounds like a fun idea. If you hit the pub and one of the other bars on 4, Cove Cafe and Meridian you have a nice variety of settings.

Although if you try to drink at all the bars in the lobby...and by the theaters...and on the pool deck...you might end up in the sick bay!:D

Sounds like a fun idea. If you hit the pub and one of the other bars on 4, Cove Cafe and Meridian you have a nice variety of settings.

I would suggest start at Meridian, then go down one flight to the Cove Cafe then go down to deck 4. If they start on 4 they may not be able to make it UP to any other levels. :drinking1:laughing:

And you guys are doing a crawl - make sure you buy the SkyLine Passport. You get a bunch of drinks at one set price. I don't know what they are charging now since prices have gone up on some stuff but it was 7 drinks for 59.00 - it worked out to getting one free. You choose specific drinks off their special menu. They had some really potent drinks on it. When you done - they give you the book as a souvenir.

I would suggest start at Meridian, then go down one flight to the Cove Cafe then go down to deck 4. If they start on 4 they may not be able to make it UP to any other levels. :drinking1:laughing:

And you guys are doing a crawl - make sure you buy the SkyLine Passport. You get a bunch of drinks at one set price. I don't know what they are charging now since prices have gone up on some stuff but it was 7 drinks for 59.00 - it worked out to getting one free. You choose specific drinks off their special menu. They had some really potent drinks on it. When you done - they give you the book as a souvenir.

Good suggestion!

I'm sure part of the reason for a bar crawl is to drink a bunch and be social, which is great. But a Bar Crawl on a DCL ship has another function too. These bars are mostly VERY different from each other. So seeing the different settings and atmospheres is great.

Also, most of these aren't "full service" bars, these aremostly specialized. "Back home" if you go to 5 bars, you might have the same drink options at each one. Not true here. For example, not all the bars on the ship have a coffee machine for coffee drinks (my wife's favorite) or a large selection of beers, or a deep selection of whiskeys. Some specialize in Champaigne or Mixed drinks, etc. So by going to all of them, you can really "tour the world" of alcohol, while at the same time soaking in a lot of different settings. But if you are hoping to get the same drink 5 different places, you might be disappointed, depending on what the drink is.

One final positive difference, unlike a land bar where they are keen on moving drinks to stay in business, these bars don't mind if you just go and sit and order nothing. The "Cover Charge" is built into your cruise fare already. So if you want to go in and sit, or read, or watch an activity, or drink water, they don't mind. Most will even overturn a napkin or something to show other servers you've been asked and declined so that you don't get asked every 10 minutes. That too is a refreshing change from most bars.

This is awesome! Thank you!!

Sitting here pondering the idea of a bar crawl on a DCL, I am intrigued. So a thought popped in my head. While this is not a "party" cruise like say Carnival, there are options to enhance a crawl. My suggestion would be to bring something from Flo's, Cabanas, Frozones, or even room service and ask your bartender to make something that pairs with it. (think BLT and Bloody Mary or Ice Cream Sunday and a B-52) You could even have the crawlers rate and name said pairing. Who knows, you might start a trend! :) Just my two cents.

Sitting here pondering the idea of a bar crawl on a DCL, I am intrigued. So a thought popped in my head. While this is not a "party" cruise like say Carnival, there are options to enhance a crawl. My suggestion would be to bring something from Flo's, Cabanas, Frozones, or even room service and ask your bartender to make something that pairs with it. (think BLT and Bloody Mary or Ice Cream Sunday and a B-52) You could even have the crawlers rate and name said pairing. Who knows, you might start a trend! :) Just my two cents.

A Stout Float!
Bailey's milkshake (Yes, I am craving the soft serve on the ships)

Just no tequila with the ice cream. Trust me , I learned that lesson on the Magic one year after margaritas on Serenity Bay and Ice cream at the adult lunch (that was back when you got better ice cream/different flavors at the adult beach). I was so nauseous. Funny part was Aggie the bartender (we lived at her bar all 7 days) told me she could cure it with a Polish remedy. Chilled Vodka and black pepper shots. And it worked.

This sounds fun! What are you doing next February? ;)

We had a group of nine on a girls' cruise last year! Got the idea from another thread on here (I believe someone's trip report...). I made a chart with different spots where you can buy a drink. Got some of those scratch-off stickers from Amazon and put them over each location, so you had to scratch it off when you'd had a drink at that location.

Man, that was a fun weekend. :) I'll be happy to share the card I made for it, if you have Publisher! :)

Edit: So sorry, didn't give a lot of details, haha. If I remember correctly (again, fun weekend ;) ) we took the whole weekend/cruise to do it. That's a lot to do in one day. I didn't specify drinks, only because with nine women everyone has different likes and dislikes... and coordinating schedules and carpools for this thing was difficult enough, I was not about to petition for poison preference. Only one we skipped: Castaway Cay. It was pretty much a given we were going to have a frozen drink in our hands, no one wanted to deal with a piece of paper or a card as well. @suedon70 was going to get a prize for the winner, but she was the winner so I believe she just bought herself a souvenir. Haha!

Have fun!! :D

Last edited:
We had a group of nine on a girls' cruise last year! Got the idea from another thread on here (I believe someone's trip report...). I made a chart with different spots where you can buy a drink. Got some of those scratch-off stickers from Amazon and put them over each location, so you had to scratch it off when you'd had a drink at that location.

Man, that was a fun weekend. :) I'll be happy to share the card I made for it, if you have Publisher.! :)

Yassss ! As one of the 9 I can attest it was a fun contest! Plus it entices you to visit some bars and lounges you otherwise wouldn't - but all in moderation of course! :drinking1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter