Banned From Disney?

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by harmonium, Apr 17, 2008.

1. lilouisianagal

lilouisianagal Mouseketeer

Tonka's Skipper: perhaps so, but I for one would be just fine with Disney banning all sex offenders from entering the property.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Tonka's Skipper

Tonka's Skipper DIS Veteran

Not a problem, I agree 1000%.....Please read my post #115..........Just thinking we may have been set up to react..........and the whole 2 posts are fakes!

AKK

4. Shugardrawers

Shugardrawers <font color=teal><b>Ovarian Cancer Survivor!<br><f

Problem is...while I agree Disney is the LAST place a sex offender (especially one convicted of crimes with children) should be hanging out, after serving their sentences and probation, they do have certain rights. Whether that includes hanging out at a Disney park :confused3. My point is while you'd rather shop in places where there aren't convicted murderers, send your child to school where there aren't convicted drug dealers within a mile and go to church with nothing but fine upstanding citizens...certain rights ARE restored after certain conditions are met. I know nothing about those rights for a sex offender but it seems to me that Disney is not a protected space like schools and daycare centers. And the means to track all U.S. sex offenders would be ridiculously and prohibitively costly even for Disney.

I have to agree I think the PP is a troll. :stir:

5. Q-man

Q-man DIS Veteran

It wouldn't cost much at all. Sex offenders registry is Federal law and public record. Thus we tax payers are already footing the bill for the majority of doing so. The Dru Sjodin National Sex Offender Public Website has links to all states' internet sex offenders maps. http://www.nsopw.gov/Core/PublicRegistrySites.aspx All Disney would need to do, if there isn't a computer program that can do it, is have a couple interns spend their summer entering those names and addresses into their existing data base.

I see you're in Virgina. Plug in your zip code and see who the offenders are in your neighborhood. http://sex-offender.vsp.virginia.gov/sor/executeAddressSearch.html

I've had the same thought about the second part.

6. rebeccaariel

rebeccaariel DIS Veteran

Absolutely, but if I'm not mistaken, given that Disney parks are private property, they can refuse service to anyone for whatever reason they want. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that it's not a right to be on private property.

But yes, that person was likely a troll.

7. PaulaSB12

PaulaSB12 DIS Veteran

Yes ban rapists. But not someone who got caught peeing in public or some of the lesser crimes.

8. DVCJones

DVCJones DIS Veteran

OT, but a funny story.

Many years ago at the local mall, I unlocked a car that I thought was mine with MY keys!!! It wasn't until I was inside that I noticed the car wasn't mine. :scared:There was a jacket and other items that clued me in. I wonder to this day if it would have started. Instead I was so horrified I got out quickly before anyone saw me and gingerly walked one row over to my car.:blush:

9. delmar411

delmar411 DIS Veteran

I've done that a few times. Same car, same color, etc. My key opened the door but did not start the engine. That's how long it took me to figure out I was in the wrong car! Very embarrassing!

10. delilah

delilah DIS Veteran

Same thing happened to me. It was a 1992 Honda Accord, aqua blue in color. I now have a CRV, but, now the keys are computer programmed for the car, not cut.
    Actually, I entered the car using the electronic bleeping device, which is even scarier.

11. stindall

stindall Congress Tart

I'm embarrassed to say I've done that too, only the car was already unlocked. Now my car has some distinctive stickers and an antenna topper that clue me in!:rotfl:

12. akcire

akcire <font color=royalblue>Mouse expert, computer chall

When I was in college I had a 10 year old Ford Tempo. I dated a guy that had a 5 year old Forld Tempo. I could use my keys in his door and ignition. I realized it one night when I went to move his car (parking restrictions) and realized I grabbed the wrong keys. It worked!!

I didn't tell him right away. For months if I was out, and saw his car I would move it slightly or if he pulled in I would back the car into the same space. It was a fun game. I finally fessed up and he said he never noticed. I moved his car like 20 times and he never noticed??? I married someone who pays more attention to details.

13. marius97

marius97 DIS Veteran

I used to work at a busy golf driving range. People were forever leaving their keys in their car. My boss was a MacGyver type guy. He had a several old car keys that he frequently used to open people's cars. Sometimes he'd have to ask around of the people there to get the right one, but I don't think I ever saw him not be able to unlock a car with a different key.

14. sotoalf

sotoalf DIS Veteran

I assume that if WDW isn't using retinal scans it's still easy for a banned visitor to return as someone's guest. If I'm banned but stay with a friend at a resort without giving the front desk my name and pay with cash at bars and restaurants, how would Disney know?

15. crisi

crisi DIS Veteran

They can't refuse service because you are a protected class - i.e. they can't keep women or Jews or African Americans or handicapped people out of their parks.

They can refuse service and keep you off the property for any other reason they choose. It is private property.

16. pampam

pampam DIS Veteran

When we checked in last time, everyone had to show thier passport or other photo id.

17. tiki23

tiki23 <font color=darkorchid>Able to leap a double strol

:rotfl: Smart!

18. Shugardrawers

Shugardrawers <font color=teal><b>Ovarian Cancer Survivor!<br><f

Flame away :firefight But I've actually shared a room w/a guest not listed on my reservation. It's quite easy.

19. sotoalf

sotoalf DIS Veteran

Agreed. If you don't go to a theme park, confine yourself to the resort and look old enough to not get carded for buying alcohol, how would Disney know?

20. Tonka's Skipper

Tonka's Skipper DIS Veteran

I think most seem to be missing the point now. The issue isn't whether Disney will find out. In fact I am sure they know they will not catch everyone sneaking back on property.

The point is that after anyone is banned and are officaially and in writing told not to return, much more serious charges can be filed if they are caught.:thumbsup2

AKK

21. Dan29racing

Dan29racing Earning My Ears

Im still curious about a question a previous poster asked, has anyone heard of a ban being overturned???