Banned. >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaymojack

<font color=darkorchid>When I was little I used to
I was in this one person's room. The owner, I did not like one bit (if you look at some of my posts, "SO movies really can tell truths, you may understand). Then I said to him, as a joke, - puts a bomb in pants - (don't ask). Then I get banned. I know it is kinda fair, but if they are going to ban for saying 'bomb,' WHY ALLOW IT IN THE DICTIONARY? Really stupid mistake allowing a word to be said but banning for saying it.

I agree. If they allow it, it shouldn't be considered a ban. And ban ppl for it. :sad2: Sorry that happened to you.

There is alot you can say that can get you banned, it is context and useage that get you. The word didn't get you banned - you got you banned. Probably not the best word to have in the dictionary compared to some they removed. I am guessing here but the ban was for violence towards others or for harrasing another player... am I correct.

upon reflection and more input from berrygirl, I agree that in your pants thing was the problem it is a flagged phrase that will get you the ban. It still stands that the words being allowed is not the issue. It is thinking before you speak.

Actually i hate to be the bearer of bad news or open a can of worms here as to reasoning, but any time you use the phrase "in pants" or other variations of that you get a ban. I think their system uses something that picks up certain phrases and automatically bans for inappropriate talk. Yes bomb is in the dictionary, that isn't why you got banned.

I would not have posted but I just wanted to warn others that are talking in the game and innocently use this phrase that they will be banned. Ex: "I have extra change, let me put it in my pants pocket" or something. Innocent enough but a ban will happen.

The exact reason you were banned, obviously I do not know. That said, virtual violence to me seems to be a legit reason for a ban.

Someone else here reported getting a ban for walking up to someone and saying, "Hits you."

VMK is not tolerating "virtual" violence - and I think it is a smart choice. Violence is not acceptable. Period.

I seriously doubt you got banned for saying "bomb," but rather for HOW you used the word.

-Disney Dreams

Bug jokes about stuff like that all the time and it never got him banned before so why now?

- btw bug sorry to hear about your ban see what happens when im gone. ;) -

I'm not saying my ban wasn't fair. But what I don't think is smart is that it is against the Values to do 'violence' (pfft, like you can hurt someone physically in an online game?), but they allow 'bomb.' Can you seriously tell me that it is smart to do that?

I would again say there are many other uses of the term that would be acceptable in vmk and have no violent intent

a. An explosive weapon detonated by impact, proximity to an object, a timing mechanism, or other means.
b. An atomic or nuclear bomb. Used with the.
2. Any of various weapons detonated to release destructive material, such as smoke or gas.
3. Football. A long forward pass.

a. A container capable of withstanding high internal pressure.
b. A vessel for storing compressed gas.
c. A portable, manually operated container that ejects a spray, foam, or gas under pressure.
5. Slang. A dismal failure; a fiasco.
6. Slang. An old car.
7. Chiefly British Slang.
A large amount of money.
A great success.

v. bombed, bomb·ing, bombs
v. tr.
To attack, damage, or destroy with or as if with bombs.

v. intr.
1. To drop a bomb or bombs.
2. Slang. To fail miserably: The play bombed.
3. Slang. To paint a graffito.
SOURCE:dictionary.com

Bomb is in the dictionary because of the POTC game in VMK...
They probably want bomb to only be used during that game...

Belle1997 said:
I hope you can not say ants in my pants. LOL

Uh...you can say this...right Fox ;). At least about a month ago you could... haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter