Banking SSR Points ... ???

DVC_Smiles

Earning My Ears
I was told that I can not book resorts other than SSR beginning Dec. 1 if it was within our 7 month window but not before the opening of SSR. I cannot use the SSR points until the deeds are recorded which won't take place until Apr/May of 2004. One cannot use what one does not technically own. To cut to the chase, I can book a reservation at another DVC resort so long as it is not before May 17, 2004 and that it is not more than 7 mos. out, which should be July 1, 2004. With that said, let’s throw in my use year of August. Suppose, I want to bank 100% of my new SSR add-on points.
Question:
Can I bank 100% of my add-on points before my January deadline even if I do not technically own the points? Or must I wait to December 1st, or do I wait until May (when I really own the points) and bank only 50% because I am past my 6 month deadline.
:chat:

I think they only way to get a definitive answer is to ask DVC directly. They are the only ones who know what exceptions they will be allowing to banking deadlines.

You can't bank points until you are within that Use Year- in this case, you can bank your SSR points after August 1, 2004 when you actually get the points. You can make a reservation for a time prior to Aug 1 by borrowing those points (you would then have to use them by July 31, 2004), but they can't be banked until you actually have them in your account.

If they were from a Use Year between Dec, 2003 and May, 2004- you could bank them after closing.

You'll have plenty of time to bank them - until Jan. 31, 2005 to bank 100% of your August Use Year points.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter