Banking policy

Jaylie

DIS Veteran
Can I bank all my points? I’m a September UY, and we have 309 points. No one plans to go to Disney this year. However, if someone changed their mind, I could just borrow next year’s point, right?

You can bank any or all of your points, using as many separate banking transactions as you desire, from one use year into the next one as long as any banking is done by no later than the end of the 8th month of your use year.

In relation to any reservation that is to take place in a given use year, you can, if needed and regardless of whether you have previously banked points, borrow points from the next use year, but you cannot borrow from that next use year points that have already been banked into it.

In your situation, when you are still a long way from the eighth month of your use year, it is usually fine just to wait a while to bank if you think you might still want to make another reservation during the current use year. You only need to bank early if you want to actually use those points for a reservation you will be making in the next use year, e.g., you decide today to make a reservation in Sep 2023.

Last edited:
Yes, you can bank all your points through and then borrow if you needed to, assuming you have regular points in next UY.

Just to clarify, you can only BANK current UY points. Not any points you may have banked from the previous year into the current UY, or any points you borrowed from next years UY.

You can also bank as many times you want up until the banking deadline.

Just set a calendar reminder before your banking deadline is due, and wait till then to do it.

We've had this happen before. I banked what was left of our 2018 April points in November, and then in December we decided to go to WDW in Feb 2019. So, we ended up borrowing from our 2019 April points for that trip and then used the 2018 banked points for a trip after April 2019. As long as you know you are going to be using those banked points before the end of that use year, it's not a problem.

Yes you can bank all your points and if you change your mind borrow next year's points. These are final transactions, so the borrowed next year points will have to be used in the current year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter