Banking Points

lovelylady226

Earning My Ears
Okay, so I got a contract with points I cannot possibly use all at once. I want to bank them-but what if between now and the end of my use year (April) I want to book. What happens? Do I have to plan everything that far in advance? I guess I don't understand banking very well :(

You have until Nov 30th to bank them but yes banking is a final transaction. If you decide you want to travel after that you would have to borrow points from your 2016 use year. Keep in mind though that is also a final transaction so if you wind up having to cancel for some reason your points would have to be used by March 31st 2016 or you would lose them. That's why you will see people talking about it being "riskier" to travel late in your use year.

That's why we chose April. The points are just too expensive in March. We typically travel over labor day, October for food & wine and once in April for Flower & Garden.

We have a 10 year plan, it does change but we know where we will stay when for the most part. Our adult son just told us that he and his family wants to join us for Christmas. I told him that the next availability is in 2018.

:earsboy: Bill

If you bank them make sure the points actually get banked.
I had issues book in our may 2016 trip online and when I called they said I had no banked points my fiance pretty much remember the day we banked them so they were able to work things around but had I called a day later to make the reservation we would have lost those points because i booked on the last day of our 2014 use year
But Tha also made sense why my dad had not used the banked points and told me we had points we had to use up

Okay, so I got a contract with points I cannot possibly use all at once. I want to bank them-but what if between now and the end of my use year (April) I want to book. What happens? Do I have to plan everything that far in advance? I guess I don't understand banking very well :(

just to clarify:

if you want to book a stay in April 2016, you can book that stay with banked 2015 UY pts + current 2016 UY pts + borrowed 2017 UY pts so long as you are within your booking window (11 months out for home resort and 7 months for other resorts). I can't tell from your language if you understand that booking is not based on what points you have available now - but what pts are available in the use year that your stay falls into.

CMNJ is right that if you want to book on short notice, you can still borrow. but if you decide to book on short notice, you may find it tough to find any availability...so borrowing is a better option than counting on something being available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter