Banking Points After Deadline

bigAWL

DIS Veteran
I thought I would post my experience today...

I woke up this morning realizing that today was May 1, and that I had missed my banking deadline of April 30 (Sep UY). I still had 158 points that I was waiting until the last minute to bank just in case my summer plans changed. But I simply forgot to call to bank them.

I called MS and asked if there was anything that could be done (I've never rented points, and didn't want to go through that hassle if I could somehow still keep them for myself). The kind gentleman on the phone checked and said that since I was a new-ish member (joined in 2009) and that no exception had yet been made for my account, that they would make a one-time exception today and allow me to bank the points after the deadline. He made it very clear that another exception would not be made for the life of the contract.

Anyway, I don't know if this is a standard policy, or if it is the call of the supervisor on duty at the time, or what... but it was a nice bit of news for me this morning.

In the past it has always been typical for them to allow a one-time exception like the one you received...thanks for posting though as it's always nice to see confirmation that they are still doing it. :goodvibes

Good to hear this as our contracted took longer than anticipated and we passed our deadline yesterday and dont yet have our member number/points in the account yet.

It's nice to see they worked this out for you, but I don't think it will happen twice. At least not banking points. It seems easy to miss the deadline, but you can bank points anytime up to your 4 month UY.

I'm glad they did that for you.

Does DVC ever send any sort of email reminder about banking points? I would be the type to forget.

line. He made it very clear that another exception would not be made for the life of the contract.

That seems pretty extreme that you will never be able to do that again. In my experience here at The Timeshare Store, Inc.® is that many sellers have been able to bank their points after the banking deadline.

Jason

That seems pretty extreme that you will never be able to do that again. In my experience here at The Timeshare Store, Inc.® is that many sellers have been able to bank their points after the banking deadline.

Jason

I only know what I was told. I could imagine they might be flexible enough to allow it again. But I can tell you I don't plan to test that theory.

They have always said that you get a one time banking error, but the method I use to keep track is through setting up a reminder on my iphone calendar, which is also linked to my computer's calendar and also through a service that Apple has called Mobileme. My computer calendar (ical) will even send me an email to remind me on the time and date I set it to.
The beauty of Mobileme is even if my computer and cell phone were lost or stolen, everything is backed up there on Mobileme

An email reminder a week before would be a nice feature.

Extending the banking window to 12 months would be even a nicer feature. They're our points after all. Other that wanting us to forfeit points, I don't understand why the 8 month banking window. :confused3

:earsboy: Bill

Extending the banking window to 12 months would be even a nicer feature. They're our points after all. Other that wanting us to forfeit points, I don't understand why the 8 month banking window. :confused3

Could it possibly be so they can monitor the points?:confused3. I know our contracts say they can suspend banking if necessary. I wonder if having different UY's banking at different times allows them to track trends, etc.

When I first made my plans this year, I had about 5 leftover points. The CM made me feel a little nervous about losing them and suggested I bank them, so I did. Lo and behold, I changed the room around a bit and needed the 5 points and was told I couldn't use them until August. They also gave me a "one-time" rule break and I was able to use them. They kept saying, this is the ONLY time we'll do this for you. Remember, you can only do this this ONE time. At least I don't have to worry about 5 points I won't use anytime soon.

When we bank the points from 1 year to the next the need to adjust the point usage and inventory from the first year and the 2nd- therefore they need time to sell the rooms that your poitns would use the first year so they can buy the points from another member for you to use the next year (it is the only way borrowing and banking would work). If they let you wait until the last monute there is no time to use your points from one year so you can use extras the next year.

Does DVC ever send any sort of email reminder about banking points?

The best they do right now is to track your banking and booking windows on the member website. Of course if you never log onto dvcmember.com, that probably doesn't help much. But it is a useful feature of the website.

I too forgot to bank points one year. It was only 5 points and they were willing to do it for me but kept telling me this was my "one time" mistake. I decided not to bank the points and save my "one time" for a major mistake. Guess I won't know if that was a good idea until I make that major mistake.

My parents (also DVC members) did the exact same thing. They were actually a week or so past the deadline but were also given the 1 time exemption.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter