• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Banking help needed...want to make sure this is correct

Rayven

Earning My Ears
I have June UY points (175 points). We’re taking a family trip in mid-June 2022 and will need 2 years’ worth of points (350) to book a 2-bedroom villa. From everything I’ve read, I need to bank our 2021 points as they’d expire May 31, 2022, even though I’ll be booking the room July 2021 when the 11-month booking window opens.
Then in July when the booking window opens, I can use the 2021 banked points and our June 2022 points to book the room.
Is this correct? I hope I’m making sense.

I have June UY points (175 points). We’re taking a family trip in mid-June 2022 and will need 2 years’ worth of points (350) to book a 2-bedroom villa. From everything I’ve read, I need to bank our 2021 points as they’d expire May 31, 2022, even though I’ll be booking the room July 2021 when the 11-month booking window opens.
Then in July when the booking window opens, I can use the 2021 banked points and our June 2022 points to book the room.
Is this correct? I hope I’m making sense.
Yes, that’s correct. The trip will take place in your June 2022 UY, so you can use banked 2021 points, current 2022 points and up to 50% of 2023 points. UY determines which points you can use for a reservation - it has nothing to do with when you book.

That is correct. Everything is based on when you are traveling. Since your June 2022 trip is in your June 2022 UY, you can used banked 2021, 2022, and borrow up to 50% of 2023 to complete the reservation.

They do need to be banked before you can use them when you try to book in July. You can do it ahead of time, or at the time of booking,

I always do the day before I book just so I can make it easier when the time comes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter