Banking and Borrowing Rules

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by PCMama, Feb 2, 2013.

1. PCMama

PCMama Mouseketeer

I had a question about DVC banking.. The DVC Banking rules..If I normally travel to Disney in October, and usually decide by March/April what use year month is best for me? November/December?
    What are the borrowing rules?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. Dean

Dean DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis

When you make the reservation has nothing to do with UY, only when you travel. If you consistently travel in Oct, Oct is the best but anything June or after should do OK.

4. disbound09

disbound09 Mouseketeer DVC Gold

I know I have read it elsewhere but the banking has to be done within 8 months after the UY?

Once banked they must be used in the next calender year or before the UY?

5. CarolMN

CarolMN DVC Co-Moderator Moderator

6. disbound09

disbound09 Mouseketeer DVC Gold

:)for the link. I knew I had read it somewhere.:)

7. chalee94

chalee94 <font color=green>I thought all sand was ground up

as dean said, you want a UY between june and oct. dec is a terrible UY if you usually travel in oct. (and there is not a nov UY.)

cancellation is really the only issue involved with traveling late in your UY. UY has nothing at all with when you can call to book.

also, remember that when you bank or borrow pts, they can never be moved again and will expire if not used for a stay by the end of their new UY.

8. PCMama

PCMama Mouseketeer

Thanks.. i need to absorb the info then ask more questions!

9. Sandisw

Sandisw Moderator Moderator

Everything is based on when you travel so having a UY just before you typically travel gives the most flexibility if you have to cancel or want to change a trip, especially ones that use borrowed points.

You can always call 11 months in advance and trips can use banked points from the UY prior to travel, points from the UY of travel, and borrowed points from the UY after travel.