Bank of America Museums on Us Question

mommyto3girls

Mouseketeer
My family and I will be in Chicago for a wedding the first weekend of June. We plan to visit a few museums while there and I see that it also happens to be a weekend that is available for museums on us. We have never used this before so I had a question. If my husband and I both have a debit card we can get free admission, but what about children? They would not have a debit card. Would we have to pay admission for them or would they be free if attending with a parent with a card? For those who have went to Shedd with this program, is it just basic admission? How much extra would it be to go to polar play area?
thanks!

We have used this program in many cities including Chicago. Kids are not free. Only the parents( if they are both cardholders). And yes, at the Shedd it is only basic admission... Not of the extras.

DH and I both have a card. We have used this program at different museums in different cities. Some did also let DS8 in for free, some didn't. I guess it depends on each museum's policy.

Do you have a family membership to a local museum or science center? We use the ASTC Passport Program when we travel http://astc.org/members/passlist_about.htm.

When we used it at the Shedd, it was just the general exhibits.

Also, don't forget to factor parking into your cost. Our membership home provides free parking and some museums/centers don't charge for parking, but others do. I think parking at the Shedd was $16 per day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter