• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bank issued gift card problems

I would try and order the Disney giftcards online through their website, you would know right away if your Wells Fargo cards will work. If they don't work online, I doubt that they would work at one of the Disney stores. One bit of advice, once you use the Disney giftcards toward your package balance, don't throw them away. If for some reason you need to cancel, they credit the amount back to the gift card.

Go to the Disney Store or any store who sells Disney Gift cards and buy $800 worth. Then pay for trip with those cards.

I agree w/ this idea!! I make all my payments w/ Disney gift cards, I get mine @ a local grocery store b/c I get gas discounts. Disney never gave me any trouble. Just make sure you keep ALL gcards & receipts used in this process until the end of your vacation.

Oh & don't feel bad about the CM. I had a CM give me major attitude just Mon. b/c I asked for Deluxe prices, then I said it was too much for us & asked for other rates. I was thinking..what? can YOU afford $345 a night? LOL!!! Sorry but I know for a fact WDW does not want their future guests treated poorly. It's the person/CM. That is when you take the survey after the call. [I did not take the time,but my CM was rude as well] I will say u landed on the whammy of a CM!!! Ughh, I'm sorry about that. I can imagine your frustration when it comes to $800. We are not talking about a $20 card here. GOOD LUCK w/ figuring it all out!!

As others have said, I'd take the gift cards and go to a store that sells disney gift cards and use the Wells Fargo gift cards to buy the Disney ones.

In my area, Walgreens, Target and the Disney Store sell the Disney gift cards. Do you have any of those near you?

I don't get why you would buy these gift cards to pay off your balance. It's just as easy to take the money you would spend on the gift cards and call Disney and apply that cash to your balance, even if you had to send a check. Wouldn't it? It would also be less hassle.

I could understand getting the gift cards to pay for your purchases once on vacation though, however I would get the Disney Gift Cards so there would be no question.

Just a lesson learned I guess.

Because as stated in the previous thread, we didn't know if we were going to be able to go or not.
We paid our $200 deposit in January, then didn't make any payments because we knew my mom's test was coming up. This was just a way to put the money away.

I took my Vanilla Visa card to Walgreens today and had no problem getting a Disney GC with it. They even had a cute princess one that they don't have online :thumbsup2

Hope you can get some Disney GC too.

Because as stated in the previous thread, we didn't know if we were going to be able to go or not.
We paid our $200 deposit in January, then didn't make any payments because we knew my mom's test was coming up. This was just a way to put the money away.

I have an extra savings account that I put vacation money into each paycheck. Much better than bothering with gift cards. It sounds like buying Disney gift cards with you Visa gift cards is a good plan.

You could've gotten a refund as long as you canceled before your final payment date, with the exception of insurance if you purchased it.

Interestingly enough, our Walgreen's will not let you purchase a gift card with a gift card.

I did manage to get 16 $50.00 cards from Target and they were extremely helpful and sweet. I called them in when I got home and one of the cards wouldn't work. I had the nicest CM last night.

I took the bum card back to Target today and the exchanged it, no questions asked.

So, I am getting ready to pay off the final $50.00.
I am really going to enjoy this vacation. It was a lot of work to get it!

:confused3
Interestingly enough, our Walgreen's will not let you purchase a gift card with a gift card.

I did manage to get 16 $50.00 cards from Target and they were extremely helpful and sweet. I called them in when I got home and one of the cards wouldn't work. I had the nicest CM last night.

I took the bum card back to Target today and the exchanged it, no questions asked.

My Target won't let me buy a Disney card with my Visa gift card.:confused3
But I can use the Visa gift card at the Disney store online site to buy Disney gift cards.
OP, glad it worked out for you. Enjoy your trip. Glad your Mom is better too.

Glad everything worked out.....have a great trip :wizard:.

I had the same issues with a Wells Fargo gift card last week. I had enough points on my Wells Fargo Visa to exchange them for a $150 visa gift card. I planned to use the card for the international marketplaces at the food & wine fest. The card was denied everytime I tried to use it at WDW last week. I was not able to resolve the issue until I returned home. The bright side is I have $150 for a 2013 WDW vacation!

I had the same issues with a Wells Fargo gift card last week. I had enough points on my Wells Fargo Visa to exchange them for a $150 visa gift card. I planned to use the card for the international marketplaces at the food & wine fest. The card was denied everytime I tried to use it at WDW last week. I was not able to resolve the issue until I returned home. The bright side is I have $150 for a 2013 WDW vacation!

I used a Wells Fargo Visa gift card with a 2019 expiration date to pay for several meals and for souvenirs at Disney resorts and theme parks during our trip in June and had no problems whatsoever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter