Bank Borrow Steal? - So close and yet so far

CaliAdventurer

DIS Veteran
Hello!

Our Aulani resale contract recorded last week. (Oct 3rd contract signed) No one planned to tell us, apparently. When I asked the broker via email what's next, she essentially said, You should get a letter in a month or two- here's Disney's number- have a nice life. I guess her money was made so now I've come to ask the real experts.

My UY is Feb.
The seller banked 2015's 600 pts
It appears that I will not make the 7 mo mark for our Oct 14 trip to WDW

SO- I plan to rent AGAIN for Oct
I hope to book an Xmas trip to Aulani with the 2015 points
Must my trip conclude by Dec 31st on the 2015 points? In which case do I need to mix 2016 points? or will the system automatically configure that?
Can someone remind me by what date I will need to bank 2016's points? Which it looks like I will definitely need to do and hopefully I will have this all figured out by the 11/7 month windows next year.

THANKS!! YOU GUYS ARE THE BOMB!

Not so related:
My rental broker says she has VGF 2bd for October but I havent heard from her. It's getting dangerously close to the 7th mo window. Should I ask her to switch tracks to BLT or BCV (which she also said she could do)?
Would 9 nights be avail at SSR or AKV at 6 mos out?

February 2016 UY points would need to be banked by Sept 30, 2016.

There should be availability at AKV or SSR at the 6 month mark.

A trip using the banked 2015 points must be concluded by Jan 31, 2017.

Why rent when you'll have your points soon? 7 months isn't the end all - and as mentioned there should be availability at SSR and AKV and with a waitlist you may even get something else over time if neither of those are your top choices.

THANKS SO MUCH!! I get the bank thing now. UY not CY! Duh.

I know! I hate to rent knowing there's a chance. Well, I 'll let the chips fall where they may and if I don't get a place, I'll see if I can get AKV.

Aulani is so expensive when we want to go that certainly we can use the extra points next year. CANT WAIT TO JOIN THE CLUB!!

With that many points, you should have no problem booking a 1 or 2 bedroom for Oct. Studios book first and while Oct-Jan is DVC busy season, it's not quite so bad as Nov and Dec.

I wouldn't rent points when you have that many coming so soon.

Also. Call member services and ask for your member number starting about 2 weeks after close. Starting at two weeks out, I called every day, got my number on like day 4.

Also, the 7 month mark for Oct 14 is Mar 14. You still have a month and a half.

You should be good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter