Bands Brew and BBQ

RabFlmom

DIS Veteran
Has anyone heard any leaks on who the concerts will be? I want to be there for all 4 weeks but need to plan days off and how to work in Busch Gardens concerts and the Bayhill Invitational during the same weekends.

For most of us locals we need to put in 2 weeks notice to have the time off and not knowing makes it really hard. Seems like there should be some way for people who have season passes to the parks to know sooner so we can plan. It is not like we are going to bash the performers since we all support Sea World.

Sorry, but expect Bands Brew acts to be announced similar to the way they are announcing Praise Wave - on Monday maybe 2 weeks out. I don't expect that will change much due to the issues of announcing acts early in previous years. Those individuals / groups who have decided that SeaWorld is evil and will protest anyone associated with SeaWorld have made it too difficult to announce any further out than that. This means acts will have a shorted amount of time to deal with protestors, but at the expense of fans being able to plan to attend.

And if they don't already (and I suspect at least a few of them do because they frequently visit the park to either try and take incriminating videos or to harass guests) if the acts were announced to season pass holders I promise that a PETA member would have a season pass within a day.

The only rumor I heard so far is March 8 Lynyrd Skynyrd. Just a rumor. Their web site has them in Miami March 7 so at least they are nearby then.

And if you don't live locally its even harder to plan for the concerts.I know I will be there the weekend of the 14th.I'll be at Busch Gardens the 14th for their Food and Wine festival with Kool and the Gang in concert,I have a half marathon in Sarasota on Sunday morning so I'm hoping to drive over to Sea World after the race for some BBQ and a good show.Wondering when that date will be announced,you pretty much have to cross your fingers and hope you like the group who's playing that date as I don't think they're in any rush to announce them.Also planning to catch the parade and concert at Mardi Gras at Universal that night,don't know if I'll make it all the way through the American Authors concert at night after getting up at 4am,running a half marathon,driving to Sea World,pigging out on BBQ followed by the Mardi Gras crowds at Universal.

The music acts for the first two weekends have been announced by Seaworld:
* March 7: Toby Keith
* March 8: Lynyrd Skynyrd
* March 14: Rodney Atkins
* March 15: Kool & the Gang

Toby was pretty good, sang all the good songs, and left the stage. He barely moved from center stage. Didn't do a lot of talking and didn't even introduce his band members. I actually found myself watching his horn section when I could see the stage. They were moving like my high school son's friends and him would clown around when playing their horns for fun. Really kind of dorky but adorable. If youare older and maybe unable to stand through a whole concert, this was not the one to go to. People stood for the whole concert. The ones in front of us were even standing on their seats so short me could not see the stage even if I stood up . I could not even see the screen which was high up above the stage. Bummers. They were very oiffended when I asked if they could maybe sit down for at least 1 song because no one around us could see the stage. No one in front or behind them were standing up after the first song ended. They sat for exactly 1 song. The older women behind us heard a concert live; but never saw the stage except for that 1 song. Usually Sea World monitors the crowd a little better so everyone can see. Hope they do better next time we go. If we go.

I was at the Gavin DeGraw concert at Busch Gardens Food & Wine Festival Saturday. Same thing with people standing the whole time. The strangest was the extra cost seats in front of the stage where everyone stood the whole time. What is strange is that there is a standing area behind the extra money seats that anyone can get into without paying extra. If you are going to stand anyway, go to the free zone which is still center stage. The free bench seats for the concert are on each side of the stage where the speakers and lights are. It is a very bad seating arrangement but Busch set it up several years ago and never changed it. They once had center seats but they were removed for the standing area.

Was thinking about heading to BG to see Kenny Rogers again, and wondered where and how they set up for concerts. Did you take any pictures.

Here is a photo of Gwazi field where the stage is. The back area where I took the pic is about 4 feet higher than the area where the control booth is. The seats in front of the stage are extra cost. The free seats are left, right and way in back (on the upper level). Handicap seating is the bench seat area on the left side closest to front. The standing area behind the pay seats is free, open to all. The sun is also right above the stage, in your face in the afternoon.GwaziStage.JPG

Last edited:
so for the SeaWorld concerts i highly recomend sitting in the upper level. First row middle section. I sit here for every concert and never have any problems. You can see great . You can see the entire stage and no one is standing in front of you. I want to both Toby Keith on Saturday and Lynyrd Skynyrd on Sunday. Really enjoyed it.

Thanks for posting the picture. SW definitely looks like the better option for us as far as seating. That reminds me of Runaway Country with the big field and few seats. But at Runaway general admission you can bring your own chair and set up behind the expensive seats. Sun during the day concerts was really too hot for a lot of people, here though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter