• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Band People

Sorry this is probably me being think but is it like the CCF? The CCF is the Combined Cadate Force, it's like being in the Army, but on;y for younger ppl. We don't play music but we learn how to fire guns and wave flags.

I'm in band! I don't know why yall are complaining, I love band! (most of the time....I complain about it a lot but I still love it lol) I play the clarinet.

Right now we're just practicing for the 4th of july parade...boring.:rolleyes: We just march around the track 10 million times to "build endurance."

Our band camp is an actual camp....like we go away for a week and stay at this church camp. We have at least 7 hours of practicing every day. We leave Sunday, have practice when we get there on sunday night, then practice monday-friday...we come back friday night and perform what we have for our parents. Then for the rest of the summer we have practice 3 nights a week from 6-9. Band camp really sucks but its kinda fun because all your friends are there.

Originally posted by nsyncraider17

Our band camp is an actual camp....like we go away for a week and stay at this church camp. We have at least 7 hours of practicing every day. We leave Sunday, have practice when we get there on sunday night, then practice monday-friday...we come back friday night and perform what we have for our parents. Then for the rest of the summer we have practice 3 nights a week from 6-9. Band camp really sucks but its kinda fun because all your friends are there.

That is like me. I go to ca camp. this is my day...
7 wake up
7 to 8 breakfast that we muct go to
8:15 to 10:00 Marching where we march to a feild and drill.
10:30 to 12:00 symphonic and color guard is doing momvement
12:15 to 1:30 lunch agian we have to go
1:30 to 3:15 Marching (just like the morning)
3:15 to 5:00 RECREATION! thank god!
5:00 to 6:00 dinner we have to go
6:30 to 8:30 Symphonic and color guard doing flag work.
8:30 to 10:30 group recreation we have 2 dances where we HAVE to stay the whole time, we have game night one night, wednesday we have marching till 12:00, and the other nights we just hang out 10:30 is the earlest that you can go to be lights out is at midnight. and we do this 6 days

The first day we do everything after dinner but for rec we have orentation and the last day we have a show!

I'm in band! :) even though it gets annoying, I still like it

I LOVE our DMs this year(maybe that's b/c all 3 of them are friends of mine...hehe!) but they are cool!

we have "band camp" starting August 1st until school starts...we have it every day from 8-12(2 hours of marching, an hour and half of playing instead) and it's not that bad and I'm section leader! WOO-HOO! and I have like 7 new people to teach how to march! and we got a new hott band director(he's like 24 so it's not like he's old...lol)

LOL sucks to be you guys. Im in colorguard (rifle, ex-f(l)ag ;)) and our "band camp" is one weekend from like 5pm-9pm friday and 7am-12pm saturday. Im just glad our marching season is over. We're now entering the fundraising season! YIPPEE! Everyone send me money. Then we get to do halftime at football games. Nobody likes us then either.

We have never had hot people as DM's because only ugly people are in our band....seriously. I saw the one DM when he was changing on the bus after the awards ceremony (we obviously got last cuz we suck), and it was the nastiest thing I've ever seen. ICK!

I used to be in band, I played the clarinet, but I didn't liek the clarinet, so now I play piano, but not in band. I feel bad for all of those who have to go to band camp and get up really early. I didn't really like band, no offence to you guys, It is just my opinion. I like basketball better. :smooth:

This will be my fourth year to be in band! I'll be a fish in high school. Also, the high school band will be going to California :Pinkbounc :cool: !!! for their Hollywood Christmas Parade or something like that! I can't wait!!!

im in my band...but not marching band. i play the flute. my schools marching band is really lame...there are about 15-20 people and the includes the high school and middle school. plus my band conductor is an idiot. he cant control us, cant conduct, and cant teach. our band used to be really good...last year. this year not many people actually try so our band is absolutely horrible (plus the music he gives us is even worse) ...which really stinks for the ppl like me who enjoy playin and arent taking band for the required music credit. i mean kids have done drugs in the class and he doesnt notice...not sure how you cant notice that one. unfortunately he was asked back (he was new this year) so i have three more years to suffer with the "evil band man" as he has been dubbed by my friend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter