BAND GEEKS Takin' Over the World! LINK TO NEW TR!! Go to last page 10/17

Great Epcot update, I loved the pictures of Shaelyn and her red curls.

Dh and I never visit Epcot without going by for a listen to VOL.

Hurray for six! And I am totally with you on ponchos! :scared:

We just booked our Spring Break for 2010... and this time, we get to say "SEVEN"!!!

I'm so glad to know I'm not alone on the poncho thing!

Great Epcot update, I loved the pictures of Shaelyn and her red curls.

Dh and I never visit Epcot without going by for a listen to VOL.

Thanks, I could look at pictures of my baby all day!:love:

VOL are fabulous, aren't they?

Well, let it be known... SOOZE DOES NOT DO PONCHOS!! I hate them! I hate the way they smell, I hate the way they feel on my already wet skin, I hate the way they trap the humidity and heat around my body, I hate the way you have to deal with them when the rain is over (and, no, I'm not throwing them away until Disney recycles plastic rain ponchos!!)... so there.. I got that off my chest. I would rather sit, soak in the rainy Disney atmosphere, or just get rained on than wear a poncho.
:worship::thumbsup2:worship::thumbsup2:worship::thumbsup2

I always feel like the lone dissenter around here, lol! I HATE ponchos. They don't keep my dry and they drive me up the wall for all the same reasons you listed. But living down here I had to come up with something for rainy season and we now do the umbrella-rain jacket-swim towel method. Regular rain gets the umbrella treatment. Full-on, horizontal storm gets a rain jacket added in. Need to get on a ride seat wet from previous poncho'd occupants? I whip out the swim towel and with one swipe - dry seats! :cool1:

Finally, the rain let up. We headed first to Spaceship Earth. There was no line and we walked right up to the ball... then it happened... Shaelyn started to freak a bit!:scared:What?! She's ridden this already?! Oh no.. I think we've hit the age of fear of the unknown... the age of wanting to be in control instead of just riding whatever the family wants. Dang..
Oh no! :hug: Sadly, I'm still there with Leo! :rolleyes:

I was waiting for Billy Hayes(is that the Oxy Clean guy?) to jump out at any moment!!
:rotfl2: How fun would that be, though?! Or better yet, the Sham-Wow guy?!

So... In which decade did we land? How much sleep did we really get? What do we think of our lovely value resort after being spoiled with DVC?
popcorn::

Love the update, I'm happy you went to the show in France. It really is a huge theater, and I think it is the most beautiful music. I hope the rain did not continue your entire trip. We stayed in the 50's Pop section June 08'. Our room overlooked the pool, well kinda, if you looked to the left of our balcony you could see the pool, and then the lake was to the right.:rotfl:

Green side still sounds to scary to me!

Love the updates! Too cute in the rain- even though they're a little soggy- smiles prevail at Disney!:thumbsup2

But of course! That's a rule in our family! ALWAYS smiles at Disney!!

I always feel like the lone dissenter around here, lol! I HATE ponchos. They don't keep my dry and they drive me up the wall for all the same reasons you listed. But living down here I had to come up with something for rainy season and we now do the umbrella-rain jacket-swim towel method. Regular rain gets the umbrella treatment. Full-on, horizontal storm gets a rain jacket added in. Need to get on a ride seat wet from previous poncho'd occupants? I whip out the swim towel and with one swipe - dry seats! :cool1:

I can't believe how many poncho-haters I have found! I've always felt so alone...:sad1:.....:upsidedow

Oh no! :hug: Sadly, I'm still there with Leo! :rolleyes:

Yes... I remember the years with Tyson very well. But now that he's almost 9 and so much more willing.. I know there's a light at the end of the tunnel with Shae!
:rotfl2: How fun would that be, though?! Or better yet, the Sham-Wow guy?!

Oh YEAH! I forgot about HIM!:lmao:

Love the update, I'm happy you went to the show in France. It really is a huge theater, and I think it is the most beautiful music. I hope the rain did not continue your entire trip. We stayed in the 50's Pop section June 08'. Our room overlooked the pool, well kinda, if you looked to the left of our balcony you could see the pool, and then the lake was to the right.:rotfl:

Green side still sounds to scary to me!

I think I'll even go back into France on our next adults-only trip so I can really pay attention! The rain did NOT continue, thankfully! Our room overlooked the lake!:)

Hey Sooze! :flower3:

Nice to see you and your adorable family again! Man, that was some rain you ran into driving down!:scared1: I hate driving in rain! Eeek! Glad you made it safe and sound!

Excited to hear what you think about Pop. I happen to like it. We stayed at YC in January which I loved but I still enjoy the fun and casual atmosphere of Pop!

Allyson

Hey Sooze! :flower3:

Nice to see you and your adorable family again! Man, that was some rain you ran into driving down!:scared1: I hate driving in rain! Eeek! Glad you made it safe and sound!

Excited to hear what you think about Pop. I happen to like it. We stayed at YC in January which I loved but I still enjoy the fun and casual atmosphere of Pop!

Allyson

:cool1:Glad to see you again! It's funny.. I was driving home from a show last night and it was storming like crazy. Didn't phase me a bit, though... because I just kept reminding myself that we drove for 5 hours through weather just like it! I could easily make it 30 minutes home!:rolleyes:

Going to try to update this weekend... leaving for a band camp and will be gone all next week. So hopefully you can see my POP update within 36 hours!!

Going to try to update this weekend... leaving for a band camp and will be gone all next week. So hopefully you can see my POP update within 36 hours!!

A little OT but enjoy band camp... DD has her final hs band camp in August.

Can't wait to hear more about your trip.

Joining in! Sooze you have an adorable family! Yuck for the rain and i know exactly what you mean about ponchos...they suck! Can't wait to read more. :goodvibes

A little OT but enjoy band camp... DD has her final hs band camp in August.

Can't wait to hear more about your trip.

Thanks! This is a camp run by Bands of America, it's held every summer in Illinois. There are sections of camp for marching, jazz, concert bands, orchestra, color guard, percussion, and drum majors. There are also director tracks, where band directors come and learn about their craft. I am in charge of the color guard instructor academy! Color guard instructors come from around the country to learn how to be better teachers, creators, and designers. It's a great week!

Joining in! Sooze you have an adorable family! Yuck for the rain and i know exactly what you mean about ponchos...they suck! Can't wait to read more. :goodvibes

:yay:Glad you're here! Still can't believe how many poncho haters I have found since I admitted my own hatred!!

Hope to update tonight!

Boy, we were really needing a nap after driving all night with terrible weather, then dodging the rain without ponchos!

We were very glad to have our room ready at POP. They had told us at check in that we were to be staying in the 70's section of the resort.:rolleyes: Meh.. I was hoping for 80's just 'cause I lived, loved, then loathed them... but since Matt and I were both born in the 70's, all was good.

As we pulled into the parking lot, the heavens, ONCE AGAIN, opened up. Just in time for us to have to pull our luggage and children all the way to our room. It was SUCH a long walk... up stairs and all. But we made it:
P1030572.jpg

Notice the looks on the kids' faces. Shae is just so happy to be here... Ty is thinking "When are we getting to our villa?":rotfl:

Seriously, I really enjoyed POP. Would I choose it over DVC, no way... but it was a great resort for what it is, you know? The theming was over-the-top, which the kids just loved! The rooms were clean and comfortable. The pools (which we didn't use) looked fun. I was very ok with staying there for the night! So let's NAP!!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:ssst:

We were OUT! Once again, Disney naps ROCK!!

When we got up, it was time to start getting ready for our big dinner with our friends at O'Hana. We made sure we took time to explore the resort and get the standard pics... enjoy!

Mommy, why does this phone have a cord? :rolleyes:
P1030573.jpg

Wish these were moveable... that wouldn't be too dangerous, would it?:confused3
P1030574.jpg

P1030575.jpg

LOVED the Twister game!!
P1030576.jpg

So did the kids!
P1030577.jpg

P1030578.jpg

P1030579.jpg

I just love this picture of Shae. She looks so mature!
P1030580.jpg

Both of them had to have a turn in the '0' of the '80's sign:
P1030581.jpg

P1030582.jpg

They had a VERY nice game room:
P1030584.jpg

The kids had fun "playing" in it... no money or cards required!:woohoo:
P1030585.jpg

We enjoyed our journey around POP. If we need to do a value resort again, we will definitely return.

Next stop, dinner at the scrumptious O'Hana. We drove over to the Contemporary for a monorail ride to the Poly.
P1030586.jpg

Lovin' the Monorail!! (Who doesn't?!)
P1030588.jpg

Ty is monorail surfing! (or dancing?)
P1030589.jpg

Just so HAPPY!
P1030593.jpg

Daddy's turn:
P1030594.jpg

Tyson, stop dancing and get in the picture!
P1030595.jpg

So how was dinner? Did it live up to our high O'Han-expectations?!

Come back y'all!

After staying the Yacht Club, BWV, BCV, VWL, I thought staying at Pop would be a letdown. I love it! I'm glad it met your needs and you wouldn't mind hanging out there again.:thumbsup2

I'm waiting to hear about Ohana....I've never been in 14 trips.....

cant wait for an ohana update, i loooooooooooooooooooveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that place

Great pictures Sooze! I love the picture of you and your daughter. It is so sweet. Can't wait for more!

I am sure you will probably need to rest up some after band camp before posting more. I bet you will be worn out! BTW... colorguard ROCKS! At least that is what my DD would say!

After staying the Yacht Club, BWV, BCV, VWL, I thought staying at Pop would be a letdown. I love it! I'm glad it met your needs and you wouldn't mind hanging out there again.:thumbsup2

I'm waiting to hear about Ohana....I've never been in 14 trips.....

I was pleasantly surprised, like you! Cannot believe you've not done the O'hana experience! Are you planning one for the next trip?!

Great pictures! The Disney excitement is evident on everyones' faces! Can't wait to hear about O'Hana! popcorn::

Definitely lots of Disney excitement. Especially since we knew we had many more days ahead of us!

cant wait for an ohana update, i loooooooooooooooooooveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that place

Me TOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Great pictures Sooze! I love the picture of you and your daughter. It is so sweet. Can't wait for more!

I am sure you will probably need to rest up some after band camp before posting more. I bet you will be worn out! BTW... colorguard ROCKS! At least that is what my DD would say!

Ha! Lots and Lots of color guard this week. Unfortunately, it is SUPER HOT and HUMID here. Plus the campus has TONS of summer construction, so there is no quick way to get anywhere. We have to walk blocks out of our way to get to our dorm. ICK!

Hey girl! Enjoyed all the pictures and glad the rain cleared up for you. How neat that they have a twister game at POP. We need to go take a look around there one trip. I can't wait to read about O'hana. We've never been but are thinking of doing it next trip.....whenever that may be. :confused3

Loved all your pictures of the kids at POP, it really is fun to walk around and take pictures of all the huge icons. We stayed in the 50's section. I loved it, now not for every disney trip, but it was great for our group. We needed 2 rooms, and the price was great. We loved that you could have a "pool view" and "lake view" from the public balcony.:rotfl::rotfl:

Ohana, boy I love it there, but it is impossible to get reservations. Did enjoy Kona Cafe though:rolleyes1, that way we could get to the beach to see Wishes too. Can't wait to see your pictures.

And so as not to continue the hijack of Lesley's thread, just wanted to say that it looked like your kids all hit it off at Red Robin. s

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter