Band aid friction block stick to prevent blisters

Stormy888

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone ~

I was about to go to Dick's to get that Bodyglide (I think that's what it's called) to prevent blisters at WDW.

Just by chance I was in Walmart and saw by the Band-aids "Band Aid Friction Block Stick"...I'm assuming this is the same idea as the Bodyglide. I haven't used it yet, but I'm going to try it, and wanted to post about it to save someone a trip to Dick's.

Here's the blurb on the pack of the package, "It's lubricating formula glides on smoothly to: instantly reduce rubbing on skin; form an invisible barrier, ideas for open shoes; provide easy, non-messy application"

It's about the size of a travel size deoderant stick and swivels up.

Hope that helps someone! It was around $5.99.

I've tried it - actually works pretty good. You definitely need to reapply though if you're out and about for several hours.

I just picked this up today too! Several of my friends that cycle say that it's just as effective as the body glide if you're just using it on the problem spots for your feet.

They recommend the Body Glide for larger surfaces, likeif you're going to be using it for your thighs or something.:thumbsup2

I sure do love my BodyGlide for my feet, I have used it the past 2 years at Disneyworld & it is my MUST HAVE travel item along with tons of cotton socks, they both make for very happy feet !!!! :santa::santa::santa:

I saw this in Target the other day, I was wondering if I should get it, or if I should get Body Glide. Definitely gotta get something, I do not want blisters like I had last year!

I've used it when it was known as Blister Block. Works very well, great for heels. Just don't ever leave it in a warm car or anything similar. Somehow I managed to do that with every stick I've had.

Body Glide - Active ingredient is Allantoin 0.5% - $9.99 for a 1.3 oz "stick" at Dicks Sporting Goods. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allantoin (don't read this if you don't want to know its made from cow urine... oops too late!)

Band Aid Friction Block - Ingredients are... Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Fragrance. That's right Vegetable Oil. About $7 for a 0.34 oz mini-stick from Wal-Mart. You can get a whole can of Crisco for $7...

Got them both right here. Maybe I'll use on the left and the other on the right and do "road test" next week when we're at the parks.

I have never used it.

I used to get these little gel like things that you would stick on the blister and put under a band aid. I used to hike for a week at a time, and I haven't found them in awhile. If anyone has used something like that and can recall a name, please let me know.

Body Glide - Active ingredient is Allantoin 0.5% - $9.99 for a 1.3 oz "stick" at Dicks Sporting Goods. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allantoin (don't read this if you don't want to know its made from cow urine... oops too late!)

LMAO Some things we're better off not knowing. A few years back I was on hormone replacement therapy and had done a search on the meds I was taking. Turns out it's made from horse urine. Something I wished I had never read. LOL

I use this and love it! I would put it on before we headed out to the parks and never reapplied. No blisters, and I am prone to blisters. I never tried th bodyglide, but the band aid blister blocker works wonderfully!

I use Blister Block and love it. I put it on whenever there's a lot of walking to be done...WDW for ten days and came back blister free! Yeah, I know it's just hydrogenated vegetable oil, but it's a nice little deodorant-like stick, solid and not goopy. It's not like I'm going to dig my hand into a tub of Crisco, slather it all over my feet and head to the parks. I mean, come on. Gross. :upsidedow

I use Blister Block all the time...I HATE stockings so I use this with my dress shoes for work during the summer. I walk miles (up and down subway stairs, blocks to offices, stand in security lines) and it works beautifully. I've never had to reapply it but it's small enough to fit in your pocket if you wanted to keep it with you. It doesn't feel too greasy on your feet (I have a thing about that) and if you do wear it with socks (I've done this too), it doesn't leave any residue.

Of course my rocket-scientist eldest daughter (the family fashionista) tried to wear a pair of her friend's shoes which were TO DIE FOR cute (but two sizes too small) and thought "blister block will work"...yeah - she still got raw areas and blisters. So it does have it's limits and my daughter got a hands-on learning experience about wearing the right size...:laughing:

We use moleskin but that's for once you have the blister. I'm guessing this other stuff is more preventive.

Hi everyone ~

I was about to go to Dick's to get that Bodyglide (I think that's what it's called) to prevent blisters at WDW.

Just by chance I was in Walmart and saw by the Band-aids "Band Aid Friction Block Stick"...I'm assuming this is the same idea as the Bodyglide. I haven't used it yet, but I'm going to try it, and wanted to post about it to save someone a trip to Dick's.

Here's the blurb on the pack of the package, "It's lubricating formula glides on smoothly to: instantly reduce rubbing on skin; form an invisible barrier, ideas for open shoes; provide easy, non-messy application"

It's about the size of a travel size deoderant stick and swivels up.

Hope that helps someone! It was around $5.99.

I used it! It works! We carried it with us in the parks, & I reapplied a few times a day.

I love this stuff. I got it for my last trip, and for the first time ever on a Disney trip I didn't get any blisters!

Glad to hear everyone likes it, I bought some for our trip to Vegas but never used it. Heading to Disney in 3 weeks (yeah!) and will definitaly be using then.

but what exactly do you do with this stuff?

I am really worried about blisters, so would love something to help prevent them.

Do you just roll it on like deoderant, but all over the soles of your feet and on your heel? Just put it on certain spots? Do you rub it in or just put it on and leave it? Does it dry on your feet or feel like you put lotion on?

TIA!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter