Banana Boat at Castaway Cay!

A

aprilgail2

My friend and I did the banana boat at Castaway Cay and it was awesome!! I would do that again in a second! I can see how VerandahMan could have lost his glasses on it too! I was in the front and the only thing I would do differently next time is wear goggles. All that salt water in my eyes I couldn't even open them to see where we were going half the time but it was still a BLAST!!

Originally posted by aprilgail2
My friend and I did the banana boat at Castaway Cay and it was awesome!! I would do that again in a second! I can see how VerandahMan could have lost his glasses on it too! I was in the front and the only thing I would do differently next time is wear goggles. All that salt water in my eyes I couldn't even open them to see where we were going half the time but it was still a BLAST!!

Oh, the memories. I can still taste the saltwater in my mouth!!! My DW and I were also in the front.

By the second or third time you do the banana boat ride you learn that goggles are the only way to go. We bring our snorkeling masks and enjoy the ride to the full extent. It makes for a much more relaxing ride - if you can call the banana boats relaxing!!!

Hi,

This sounds like a lot of fun!!!! Do you know if there is a height or weight limit on these boats? My FH is 6'5'' and we were wondering if he'd be allowed on them? I am keeping my fingers crossed...We are looking forward to trying them in July!

Heather

What's the banana boat and where on CC do you find it?:confused:

According to the DCL Excursion Booklet it states:

Banana Boat Rides

17-20 minutes
Guests must be 8 years and older and be able to swim. Children under 13 must be accompained by an adult.

Get ready to peel out on a wild ride on a large inflatable boat that looks like a banana! You'll skim the sparkling water for approximately 17 minutes while the banana boat is pulled by a jet ski. (When we went last summer, our BB was pulled by a small outboard motor boat).

The BBR is located to the left of the family beach area.

Kids must be 8 yo? Do they check? My dd will be only 2 months away from 8 and is a good swimmer, but would they not let her go even with an adult?

Originally posted by val2001
Kids must be 8 yo? Do they check? My dd will be only 2 months away from 8 and is a good swimmer, but would they not let her go even with an adult?

I'm not sure, but your child's age is recorded with your ressie when you booked the cruise, so that would already be on file.

When/where do you make reservations? What does it cost?

You can make your ressie at the 60 day out mark, and the cost is $14.00 per person.

Originally posted by PRaffen
When/where do you make reservations? What does it cost?

You can make your reservations 60 days before your cruise. You must be fully paid off. You can go through DCL's website and fax in your request at 407-566-7031 or you can call on the 60 day mark at 1-877-566-0968. You can do this for all of your Disney sponsored excursions.

I have to say that while I loved the banana boat ride, once was enough for me! I held on for dear life and had to slowly pry my fingers from around the handle :teeth: . DH has a bad back (sort of) and he sat in the front. He felt like every bounce was off a brick wall and was quite sore for a few days after that. I sat in the back and the bounces were a lot softer, but much more "bouncy."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter