• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Balcony View Pics - Show us your view

This was a patio water view from the Beach Club...
PICT0129.jpg

Great pics everyone!

Here's one from a room I had a couple of years ago at AKL. 4th floor, standard view on Zebra Trail but we had this wonderfully relaxing view of the hot tub (by the Uzima Savanna). We could hear the music from the pool area (must've been a nearby speaker b/c it was wonderful - I'm obsessed with that music!) and enjoyed coffee out on our balcony in the a.m. waking up with the music :cloud9: A view of the hot tub was actually a plus :wizard:

DSC00629.jpg

View several years ago from our Deluxe CL room at BWI. We were above the BW Bakery and I was blown away!

view1.jpg

Wooo--weee!!! We have one of these rooms booked in December. We LOVE us some Boardwalk view!!!! Can't wait!

Here's a 180 of our view from our studio villa (above the "Thimbles" of "Thimbles and Threads" in December!

boardwalk360.jpg

And our room in building #1 at POFQ in '05!

DSC00878.jpg

Hi all! My very first post/reply...have been watching and reading for days and finally worked up the nerve - so here goes- staying at AKL in August with pool view and love that balcony view pic ...room number, please? Anyone have any especially great pool room views to recommend? Would appreciate any advice...:) Thanks!

Hi all! My very first post/reply...have been watching and reading for days and finally worked up the nerve - so here goes- staying at AKL in August with pool view and love that balcony view pic ...room number, please? Anyone have any especially great pool room views to recommend? Would appreciate any advice...:) Thanks!

Welcome to DisBoards... What part of VA are you from. I am from northern VA myself

Thanks for the welcome! I am a valley girl - as in Shenandoah - Winchester area...it will be our first trip to Dis with our girls (7 and 12)...we are meeting up with our relatives from the UK. They are staying at CBR, but since I was able to get a pretty good rate from AAA for AKL I went for it. Given it will be August and we are doing 10 days, I wanted a room that we wouldn't mind spending time in. Plus, the girls will have bunks which will make everyone happier:goodvibes . Still having angst about this choice (expense wise, and because it doesn't have that beach/Florida feel that I associate with Dis) but after reading all of the thread posts I am excited, too. Have you been? I really want to be sure that our pool view is a decent one - not obscured by trees or a million miles from the lobby, etc. I would love to see any balcony pics with a pool view and get the room numbers.

hello - this question is for Johnsonet (is this proper board etiquette?! new to this and feeling very tech illiterate :confused: ) - the pool view that you posted of the sixth floor room at AKL with the savannah in the background...is that a bunk room on a "regular" floor (not DVC or concierge)? It looks wonderful; just the sort I have in mind. :yay: Do you recall the room number? How easy is it to reach the pool from there? Appreciate any advice or opinions of your stay there (still trying to convince myself that I made the right choice when I switched from PFQ).

Beautiful, beautiful pic mikkiwikki! :cloud9:

JMADgrad You are going to LOVE AKL. It is gorgeous and a VERY special place. When I have stayed on the 6th floor it housed just a few rooms, all of which were concierge rooms. I do not know the current set-up, since the conversion of the 5th floor rooms to AK Villas. Hopefully someone else can help with this...

I would recommend that, since you have a Pool View room booked, you request Zebra Trail, CLOSE TO LOBBY. Hopefully you will get a great view! Good luck and enjoy. Let me know if you have other questions - I have stayed at AKL at least 10 times but my most recent stay was May of 2007.

Here are two from our trip to the contemporary

100_0150.jpg

100_0149.jpg

Only 50 more days till POR

These pictures are from a studio at the Beach Club Villas. The nice thing about the balcony is that is was much larger due to being kinda on the turn of the building.

DSC00398-1.jpg

DSC00399.jpg

DSC00400.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter