Balconies on Contemporary Tower Theme Park View

animalkingdom15

DIS Veteran
Was wondering if the tower theme park view rooms at the Contemporary. I'm hoping so because it would be great at night to go out on it and watch the night time (Wishes) fireworks at Magic Kingdom.

Yep. Being able to watch Wishes from your balcony is probably the primary reason for getting one of those rooms. (I know it is, for me.)

Among other things, I think it's a great thing to do, if your arrival time is late, and you don;t feel like buying park tickets for that day. You check in, have dinner, sit on the balcony, watch the fireworks, without burning a day's worth of park ticket.

One tip: The music/audio for the fireworks is on your room's TV. (I think it's channel 105, but I think it's moved, a few times. I always phone the front desk, and ask.) The channel is a text-only channel, that scrolls like a PowerPoint presentation, displaying lots of things you can do, around the resort or parks. It has a kinda "elevator music" background sound.

During the fireworks (and during the pre-fireworks show), the music from the castle overrides the "elevator music".

So, you can turn on your TV, turn up the volume, leave your balcony door open, and you can hear the audio accompaniment that goes with the fireworks.

Another piece of advice: No, you will not sleep through the fireworks. They're pretty loud. (And the loud ones always set off a few car alarms, in the parking lot.) So you may as well watch them.

Last edited:
Yep. Being able to watch Wishes from your balcony is probably the primary reason for getting one of those rooms.

Among other things, I think it's a great thing to do, if your arrival time is late, and you don;t feel like buying park tickets for that day. You check in, have dinner, sit on the balcony, watch the fireworks, without burning a day's worth of park ticket.

One tip: The music/audio for the fireworks is on your room's TV. (I think it's channel 105, but I think it's moved, a few times. I always phone the front desk, and ask.) The channel is a text-only channel, that scrolls like a PowerPoint presentation, displaying lots of things you can do, around the resort or parks. It has a kinda "elevator music" background sound.

During the fireworks (and during the pre-fireworks show), the music from the castle overrides the "elevator music".

So, you can turn on your TV, turn up the volume, leave your balcony door open, and you can hear the audio accompaniment that goes with the fireworks.

Another piece of advice: No, you will not sleep through the fireworks. They're pretty loud. (And the loud ones always set off a few car alarms, in the parking lot.) So you may as well watch them.

Sounds great. I have been having a hard time finding a FP for Wishes during my stay and it always seems to take a while to get out of the park after Wishes is over so this is a great thing. It's sort of like having a drink and cheese and crackers while watching the sunset when you on vacation only this time it's during Wishes.

I'm actually taking a 555 am flight on Monday that gets me in at 9:35 because it was cheap and even if my room isn't available I can still go to Magic Kingdom for the day.

Sounds great. I have been having a hard time finding a FP for Wishes during my stay and it always seems to take a while to get out of the park after Wishes is over so this is a great thing. It's sort of like having a drink and cheese and crackers while watching the sunset when you on vacation only this time it's during Wishes.

Well, now, another one of the advantages of staying at Contemporary, is that after the fireworks, you get to skip Disney transportation, and just walk back to your hotel. (Although you still have to be part of the mob, trying to get out of the park.)

Well, now, another one of the advantages of staying at Contemporary, is that after the fireworks, you get to skip Disney transportation, and just walk back to your hotel. (Although you still have to be part of the mob, trying to get out of the park.)

That's one of the big things that drew me to the Contemporary was the ability to walk to and from Magic Kingdom and not have to take a bus or wait for the monorail to come around. I plan to take a mid day break and go back to the resort and then go back to the parks later which I haven't been able to do in past trips.

Does the same hold true if on the other side of the building? We have tpv reserved, but wondering now if 3 year old will wake up.

Does the same hold true if on the other side of the building? We have tpv reserved, but wondering now if 3 year old will wake up.

Well, I've never traveled with a small child, but the impression I've got is that they can sleep through a lot.

And I've never stayed on the Bay Lake side, so I don't know if it's quieter, on that side. (My suspicion would be that it's a bit quieter, but not much.)

Our one year old Granddaughter (at the time) had no problem sleeping through with a TPV. I guess that it depends upon the child.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter