• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Baked...not boxed goodies at Honeydukes?? Tell me about them.

HPMonkey4

Mouseketeer
I see the post about the Cauldron Cakes, and now that I realize there are ones that are made there....I must know more!! :rotfl2: So....tell me what there is and which ones are yummy. Oh now to plan how to bring some back somehow without the airline taking them. :confused:

There are quite a few things in the bakery case at Honeydukes. Some of them are featured a lot in the Potter books such as pumpkin tarts, rock cakes and treacle fudge. Then there are things like lighting bolt shaped frosted cookies, rice crispy squares, other types of fudge ect. I've only gotten the more Potter influenced treats and I really loved the rock cake and treacle fudge.

I have to say most of them look better than they taste.

They don't taste bad, mind you. They're just not as great as they look -- the real genius of this place is definitely the presentation.

Are you traveling internationally? On a domestic flight, if you can pack it carefully, you shouldn't have too much of a problem as long as you are not taking liquids.

Last year I took a Subway sandwich on the plane (that I bought outside the airport) and that was fine. I have also taken various other snacks, including cookies and muffins, and not had a problem. I would avoid buying items that
are liquid or nearly completely liquid (jams, jellies, honey, etc.) if you plan to carry them on the plane. I have seen items like that confiscated by airport security.

If you are traveling on an international flight, you will need to check the customs requirements and see if they will allow you to bring in food from the United States and how it needs to be wrapped. Some countries are more strict about this than others - it depends on the source as well as your destination. I visited New Zealand a few years ago, they have very strict agricultural and food quarantine laws. We had to throw out any food we had with us, even food they had given us on the plane. I think maybe a couple of people were allowed to take unopened, professionally pre-packaged processed foods, but that was about it. They even sent dogs around to sniff your suitcase. Australia and the US were much more lenient, and barely even asked what I had with me when they saw I was coming from New Zealand.

You might also ask when you are there (or call ahead) and see if you can arrange to have the store ship items to your house via UPS or Fedex or some other delivery service. It might be easier than trying to pack items and take them on the plane.

Ooh rock cakes and treacle fudge. Hmm....I'm gonna definitely need a bigger carry on bag. :P We are flying domestically, so hopefully I'll be able to pick some up our last day there. Hopefully nothing melts or gets gross on the long trip. :-)

Our two favorites are the Pumpkin Tarts & Cauldron Cakes. We didn't care for the rock cakes. The pumpkin is just like a little mini pumpkin pie. Yum. The cauldron is several different types of chocolate. I don't think you could take either of them on a plane. (Mainly just messy to transport and the chocolate would melt.) So enjoy them there!

Our two favorites are the Pumpkin Tarts & Cauldron Cakes. We didn't care for the rock cakes. The pumpkin is just like a little mini pumpkin pie. Yum. The cauldron is several different types of chocolate. I don't think you could take either of them on a plane. (Mainly just messy to transport and the chocolate would melt.) So enjoy them there!

Oh I know. I'm just hoping to bring some back for my kids and little sister who all love Harry Potter too. This is a trip for just DH and I, and well they are kinda sad that they don't get to go get Harry Potter goodies too. LOL! I guess I might have to get boxed ones instead of just one or 2 cauldron cakes and package them well...even if they break. LOL!

Are you traveling internationally? On a domestic flight, if you can pack it carefully, you shouldn't have too much of a problem as long as you are not taking liquids.

Last year I took a Subway sandwich on the plane (that I bought outside the airport) and that was fine.

I didn't work out for me last year. I brought in with me a Subway sandwich from the airport in my home country and when arrived in the US it was taken away.. Big NO NO they said....

Cheers!

Marquibiri :thumbsup2

HHN21 Pre-Trip Report

I didn't work out for me last year. I brought in with me a Subway sandwich from the airport in my home country and when arrived in the US it was taken away.. Big NO NO they said....

Cheers!

HHN21 Pre-Trip Report

You generally can't bring any meats into the U.S. from another country. Lots of countries have similar rules, and in many cases fruits, vegetables and plants may be prohibited as well.

Cheers!

HHN21 Pre-Trip Report

Sorry for the confusion . . . I was referring to domestic flights only. I was flying from one city in the United States to another. They will let you take food if you are on a domestic flight (NOT flying internationally).

As a side note, I have brought kangaroo jerky from Australia to the United States without a problem, but that was several years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter