Baked Mac and Cheese Recipe

BelleOfTheBall76

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have an easy baked mac and cheese recipe that's good? I've made the fancy mac and cheese from Food Network before and its just too expensive to make. I'm needing something good to make for several people for this weekend.

Shannon

I make leftover mac and cheese. I take butter and melt it in a big pot, add tbs of flour to it to make a roughe (sp?) then add milk. Then I take whatever cheese I have in the fridge and melt it all together. This thickens up real well. I then dump the pasta in the pot, mix it all together. I pour it all in a greased (with pam) baking dish and top with breadcrumbs. Bake it at 350 degrees for about 1/2 hour? We like the top crunchy, so I leave it in a little longer. It comes out delish! Sunday I made it and used american cheese, colby jack cheese sticks, a couple of slices of alpine swiss and 1/4 block of extra sharp cheddar. I call it mixed up mac and cheese.

If you use Dukes mayo there is a great recipe on the jar. Only has 4 ingredients.

elbow macaroni (8 oz) cooked
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup dukes mayo
1 cup sour cream

Mix all together and bake at 350 for 30 min.

Here's mine--

melt 1/2 cup butter, margarine, or Smart Balance (not the light Smart Balance, too much water)

Suate 1/2 c chopped onion in the melted butter

whisk in 1/2 cup flour until smooth, take off heat

stir in 3 1/2 cups milk

add 16 oz cheddar cheese, I use shredded, it melts faster

then add 1-2 tsp worchestchestire (sp) sauce

boil up macaroni noodles, I do 2 8 oz pkg, drain, add cheese mixture

sprinkle with parmesean cheese, I like the fresh kind

spray baking pan with no-cook spray

bake 375 for about 30 min until bubbly and a little brown on edges

If you like, add sliced tomatoes last 5 minutes of baking

You can also add chopped hot dogs, olives, or ham to the mixture

My kids love it! I always make 2 pans, it goes fast

I grew up on this one.

1 lb. Hoffman's supersharp cheese (you find it at the Deli)
2 cups elbow noodles.
1 c milk.

I use my food processor to shred the cheese. Boil the noodles as you would and transfer to casserole dish, mix in shredded cheese and milk and bake for 30-45 minutes. It's nice and cheesy.

What a YUMMY thread.
My DS eats no dairy, the DH is always watching his weight, ME, I'm starved for Mac and Cheese ......what great recipes, I JUST might try one...

I like the recipe on the back of the mullers elbows box

my kids love my mac and cheese and it is dang good.
1lb pasta (I live medium shells) but it does matter. Cook and drain.
1 package shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 package shredded mozzarella cheese
4 slices of american cheese
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
I heat about 4 tablespoons of butter and then add cheese and melt.
I had about 1/2 cup milk - enough milk to make the cheese sauce smooth and loose not to runny. Add salt, pepper, onion powder, and a little garlic powder. Add the macaroni to the cheese sauce and coat.
Top w/italian bread crumbs
Bake 30-45minutes at 350 in 8 x 8 baking dish.
Delish -they can't get enough at our house.

These all sound so good! I found the easiest recipe for mac and cheese!

I mix this right in the baking dish:
Mix 1/4c melted butter with 2 1/2c uncooked elbows
then mix in 8oz shredded cheddar
add 5c milk and bake at 350 for about 35 mins.

I try to make it healthy by using smart balance instead of butter and reduced fat cheese and milk and the kids still love it.

Here is my recipe

1 box pasta
2 cans campbells cheddar cheese soup
1 8oz bag of cheddar cheese
1 to 1 1/2 soup cans of milk

Boil pasta and drain
add the cans of soup to pasta
add the cans of milk
mix in half the bag of shredded cheddar cheese.
Stir
top with remaining cheese
bake 325 for 30 minutes with foil on top.
remove foil and bake 5-10 additional minutes to brown.

It is really easy and simple to make

I also use the recipe on the back of the Muellers Elbow Macaroni box. My fanily loves it.

I make leftover mac and cheese. I take butter and melt it in a big pot, add tbs of flour to it to make a roughe (sp?) then add milk. Then I take whatever cheese I have in the fridge and melt it all together. This thickens up real well. I then dump the pasta in the pot, mix it all together. I pour it all in a greased (with pam) baking dish and top with breadcrumbs. Bake it at 350 degrees for about 1/2 hour? We like the top crunchy, so I leave it in a little longer. It comes out delish! Sunday I made it and used american cheese, colby jack cheese sticks, a couple of slices of alpine swiss and 1/4 block of extra sharp cheddar. I call it mixed up mac and cheese.

That is my recipe. For the measuring types:
4 T butter
4 T flour
2 C milk(I sprinkle a little nutmeg in this, as well as 1 t salt, and pepper)
2 C shredded cheese
1 lb box of elbow pasta, cooked and drained

The trick is to bring the rue and milk combo to a boil, stirring constantly until thickened, then turn OFF heat and add cheese. Stir until melted. Don't boil the melted cheese or it will come out lumpy. You can use any cheese this way and you don't need Velveeta to get no lumps.

Some alternatives:
Add small can of diced green chiles for a Mexican Mac n Cheese
Add a jar of drained pimentos for Pimento Mac n Cheese

That is my recipe. For the measuring types:
4 T butter
4 T flour
2 C milk(I sprinkle a little nutmeg in this, as well as 1 t salt, and pepper)
2 C shredded cheese
1 lb box of elbow pasta, cooked and drained

The trick is to bring the rue and milk combo to a boil, stirring constantly until thickened, then turn OFF heat and add cheese. Stir until melted. Don't boil the melted cheese or it will come out lumpy. You can use any cheese this way and you don't need Velveeta to get no lumps.

Some alternatives:
Add small can of diced green chiles for a Mexican Mac n Cheese
Add a jar of drained pimentos for Pimento Mac n Cheese

Thanks for adding in your measurements. I have been doing it for so long I never measure, I just keep throwing in till it looks right. I also have never let anything boil - the milk or cheese - I keep stirring till melted. Oh well - too each his own.

I have a no cook recipe [don't need to precook the pasta] and it turns out heavenly!

Pour 1lb box macaroni into buttered casserole dish.

Shred up to 1 1/2-2 blocks of 8oz cracker barrel sharp cheese over the macaroni

Insert slices of butter from 1 stick

Cover with Milk

Bake 350 for about an hour.

Seriously, it is SO EASY and SO GOOD!:thumbsup2

Yum, I LOVE mac and cheese and might have to attempt homemade!

I do mine in the crock pot! :goodvibes
1 box of elbow macaroni
1 stick of butter
2 eggs
1 cup of milk
1 can of evaporated milk
1 can of cheddar cheese soup
4 cups of cheddar cheese
Boil macaroni till it's about 1 minute from being done. Drain well. Melt one stick of butter and pour over macaroni - gently stir. In a different bowl beat the 2 eggs well. Add milk, evaporated milk, soup and 3 cups of the cheddar cheese to the eggs. Mix well and pour over macaroni in crock pot. Cook on low for 3 hours - stir once an hour. Just before serving sprinkle the remaining one cup of cheese over the macaroni and serve.
Highly recommend the crock pot liners!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter