Bait and Switch--no not Disney

jbrile

Earning My Ears
OK. I am very excited because we just booked a 5 nt. Cruise on the Dream for 6-7-2011.

I'm also slightly bummed due to what happened.

I saved (not booked) the cruise with a price I thought was good for a Category 05E but wanted to talk it over with my wife. After a ten minute discussion where we decided to go for it, I returned to the computer, went into the online planning cernter, opened the saved cruise and received a message that the Category was no longer available. Now the price was $30 higher (Category 05D) for my wife and I but our daughters was still the same. I was a little miffed but wasn't going to not book for a $60 difference. So, I booked.

Out of curiosity, I went back in immediately and low and behold there was the 05E for the original price available--$60 lower than I had just spent. I tried to call the 800 number but they closed 30 minutes earlier.

Has anyone had this happened. Any suggestions? How is Disney in dealing with you on this?

Thanks.

I do know that when you save something online it can lock in that choice until it is released, which takes around 20 minutes on some sites.

If it is still avialable when they open, I'd just call & have them make the adjustment for you. Good luck! :goodvibes

I used a TA, but when I found a different room after booking once, I was able to get the lower price. You should have no issues as long as the room is still available.

On our last cruise, I wanted an upgrade but all verandahs were sold out. Every once in a while I'd see one open up but by the time I called, it was gone. They come and go as availability changes. I finally got the room category we wanted.

I've been watching rooms on our 2012 cruise and the Cat 11b's sometimes show up as unavailable and other times they are available.

If you booked directly thru DCL you should be able to go in a modify your reservation and get the category you want if it's still available.

fwiw, if you really want to save a cruise, you should book it and instead of putting down a deposit, just put it on hold. It will tell you how many days you have to pay deposit or it returns to inventory as available if no deposit received by the due date. I've seen hold times of 1-5 days on DCL's website. Maybe depends on the cruise. The 1 day was during KSF for the MR over Easter week.

Thanks to all for the info. I will continue to look, maybe the less expensice category will present itself if put back into inventory.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter