• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bailee's Wish Trip

great trip report! Sounds like you had many rainy days, but managed to make the best of it! Awesome! In store parade? How cool is that! :) Thanks for sharing!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.....no storms....no Christmas?????
We were not sure what Christmas activities would happen since the weather was so crazy. We decided to freshen up and "dress up" a little for Christmas. We really were not dressed up, but more than we did to go to the parks. Here is our Family Christmas Picture at GKTW.

IMG_2487.jpg

We headed over to see Santa. He was in the Castle.

IMG_2491-1.jpg
IMG_2492-1.jpg
IMG_2493-1.jpg

Everyone enjoyed seeing Santa and picking out their presents. Landon was a little distracted so I picked out a gift for him. The girls wanted to make their own choices. :woohoo:

IMG_2494.jpg
IMG_2495.jpg

We had our ponchos ready in the stroller because of the dark sky. It began looking really bad and started to sprinkle. We decided to head back to the villa for a little bit. We stopped for ice cream to take back with us. After eating our ice cream we noticed the sky was once again not so scary looking. I called guest services and they said Christmas was back on. The parade was scheduled to start in 5 MINUTES!!!!! We rain back out to watch the parade. There was a slight delay so the girls rode the carousal a few more times. The parade was cute. The kids liked getting pictures made with the Christmas characters.

IMG_2496.jpg
IMG_2498.jpg

IMG_2508.jpg

IMG_2509.jpg

IMG_2511.jpg

IMG_2512.jpg

IMG_2517.jpg

IMG_2519.jpg

It was now time for a carriage ride. :dance3: I love carriage rides. I took a picture of the sky as we finished the ride.

IMG_2523.jpg

We put on our ponchos and began walking back to the villa. We were soaked by the time we got there. Again we made the most of our time even with it raining.

It was now after 9:00 p.m. and we realized we had had ice cream for lunch and dinner. We ordered Katie's Kitchen for our Christmas dinner. It was yummy!

I began packing since we would be leaving the next day. We were not ready to leave.

It was our last day and we were all sad. Our plane did not leave until 5:50 p.m. We spent the morning packing all of our stuff. The amount of things we received while there made packing a little more difficult. :cool1:

We checked out at 11:00 a.m. We waited until the last possible minute. We hung out and talked to some of the volunteers. We then decided to head to Downtown Disney on our way to the airport. I wanted to look for Christmas ornaments. We also wanted to look around a little more since we got rained out the first day.

IMG_2524.jpg
IMG_2525.jpg

IMG_2529.jpg
IMG_2531.jpg

We spent several hours there before heading to the airport. We grabbed a bite to eat on the run once Landon was asleep in the van. We arrived with time to spare at the airport. Our plane was a little delayed which made everyone a little irritated. The airline staff person told us to get right in front of the gate door to be first on the plane. We kept getting ugly looks from a lady who was in the front of the line. She obviously was annoyed because we would be going on the plane first. She acted as if my kids were annoying her as well. :confused3

IMG_2533.jpg

IMG_2534.jpg

Notice the cute necklace she got at Downtown Disney. :cutie:

IMG_2536.jpg

Notice the really soft Pluto. Bailee was so excited to get it. :cheer2:

We made it on the plane with all of our stuff. The flight attendants were very helpful in getting us on the plane. We were 3 rows from the back of the plane which was great for us. We were pampered with all the extras on the way home. Bailee actually enjoyed this ride a little better. We landed only a few minutes after our scheduled time.

IMG_2537.jpg

We hurried to find our bus to take us to our van. We actually got on the wrong bus. We had to ride all the way back to the airport, unload, get on another bus to get to our van. It was actually kind of funny. We arrived home at 11:00 p.m. and everyone was exhausted.

It really was a once in a lifetime trip. We will never forget all of the special treatment we received.

I will post some pictures from our GKTW and Disney Photopass CDs.

Wow!

You guys write some FAST trip reports! Makes me feel so bad for taking 4 months to finish ours. :lmao:

It sounds like you guys had a fabulous trip - weathered some storms - but enjoyed your special time! :love:

Thank you so much for sharing your awesome trip with us!!

Wow!

You guys write some FAST trip reports! Makes me feel so bad for taking 4 months to finish ours. :lmao:

It sounds like you guys had a fabulous trip - weathered some storms - but enjoyed your special time! :love:

Thank you so much for sharing your awesome trip with us!!

I needed to get it done before I forgot the details. :rotfl:
I still need to post some more pics.

I don't think I have ever seen pictures from GKTW like that before. They are so nice looking. I love how you have several family shots too!

I don't think I have ever seen pictures from GKTW like that before. They are so nice looking. I love how you have several family shots too!

They gave us a CD with all of our pictures on it when we checked out. I was thankful because some of the pictures we took with our camera were blurry. I will post some Disney pics also. However, I just finished with both Landon and Caroline's birthday party tonight. It was fun, but kind of crazy.
We had sugar free ice cream sundaes for Caroline since she is allergic to sugar. However, we couldn't have anything to eat for Landon since he is completely tube fed. He cries if you eat near him. It turned our great and everyone had a great time. :dance3:

I just loved all of your pics!!!! They were wonderful. I really liked the family shots. I know those will become so special to you.

I really enjoyed your TR.

Can't wait to see more pics!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter