• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bah - I hate having to be a grown-up!

mommyof2boys1girl

I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine...
Well, it appears our *possible* trip in May must be put off for a year or so....we had planned to purchase a new vehicle this spring as well as go to DL, but our accountant finally got back to us with our Income Tax situation, and we owe a fortune! So our DL budget is going to pay the government, and I had to be a grown up and make the choice between using the vehicle budget for a trip to DL, or buying a truck. As much as I wanted to say "forget the truck, let's go to Disney!!", I had to be practical, and mature, and responsible, and say "the safety of my family is more important than a week's worth of fun at the Happiest Place on Earth...."

Boo Hoo!! I feel like having a 5 yr old tantrum, complete with stomping of feet and holding my breath till my face turns blue!:sad1:

So, unless we win the lottery sometime soon, I will be living vicariously through all of you and your vacations.:sad2:

That sucks to hear. I hate reading people who have to postpone their trips because of grownup things. The best thing about going to Disneyland is being able to act like a kid and no one questions you. Hope you all get to go next year!

Big Hugs... it's hard to be an adult sometimes.. start a disneyland savings, even change adds up:thumbsup2 and soon you will be there!

Hang in there and know that You made the right choice in what is best for your familys welfare.:hug:

That is kinda horrible, but you know what? Karma karma Karma!!! Doing the right thing sometimes puts you ahead. Just think though, as sucky as it is to not be able to go when you want this year, you can still plan it out so you can eventually go. As long as you have something to look forward to after the truck, life stays fun.

Ugghhhh I feel for you! :hug: Being the responsible grownup just... sucks, sometimes. But good for you for handling it. You can vent to us all you want, we understand! (most recently my repeated chant to myself in similar situations where I have to be the grownup... I keep telling myself sternly, "Put on your big girl panties and DEAL with it." :rotfl:)

That really sucks....especially with all this cold stupid canadian weather we have been having :headache:.......we go soon, and i am trying to already figure out when we will go next, but with one gradding and two other teenagers, money just flies out of our wallets daily...being a grown up and making grown up decisions does really suck sometimes...

I'm sorry you are having to deal with that! I am happy you can come here to vent. We understand having to do the "grown up" thing for sure. Hang in there and remember to come here anytime you need to release some steam or dream about your happy place! :goodvibes

I'm sorry, it's such a bummer being a grown up....:( But at least you won't owe the government anything! That would be horrible. I hope you're able to get there soon!

I hear ya! I have tried to plan a few Disney trips since we went in 2005 and real life always seems to get in the way. :sad2:

The toughest decisions always come down to real life and Disney. :(

You made the right, but tough choice. DL is will always be there, and we'll send plenty of magic your way!

That really stinks. Its hard to give up a Disney trip. I also have been trying to plan something since 2006, but it has fallen through every time too. I am really hoping the one in October pans out, because I NEED it. lol. Especially in this recession its hard to know for sure whether to go ahead. So many people losing jobs, you just never know what can happen in 6 months. Hopefully you get to go next year!

I too am very sorry for your having to postpone your Dl. visit.
Not owing the gov. money though and purchasing a much needed vehicle, is most definitely a most wise, not fun, no, but extremely smart choice to make. Good for you! :)
I know how disappointing life can be at times. I had been planning a trip to Dl. since last year, for my birthday, complimentary admission in hand, but........ my life ended up going from some what tough to I do not know how much more I can take. I have been dealing with that situation for too long now. As a result, all my planning and hoping to still be able to pull that trip off, it just was not going to happen after all.
So I can so relate and feel for your disappointment.
Just think though, how nice your trip will be, knowing that you have no tax worries, and no car concerns either. I would feel like the whole world practically has been lifted off of my shoulders. Most definitely a major added bonus to celebrate and have fun when you and your family do visit.

:flower: Think good thoughts, and take care........ :flower3:

I'm really sorry that you and your family are hit with a big helping of no-fun stuff. :hug: It truly is a letdown to have one's hopes up for something wonderful and have life put it out of reach...well, at least for a while. You're doing the right thing by putting your family and finances first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter