Bags for kids to carry

Kaelyn

Mouseketeer
I want my kids to carry their own autograph books, Epcot passports, stickers, etc. Just a simple cinch sack or very small backpack would suffice. It needs comfortable straps (not the rope-y stuff), to be compact, and to be very light when empty. And not cost much in case they lose or damage it. Anyone using a bag like this?

Most of the cheaper/kid ones do not have comfortable straps and do not hold up well. We rarely carry one into the parks but we did back in the winter one day and I carried a kids one that we got for about 10.00 and it literally fell apart before the day was over. I do have a really nice one from 31 that is comfortable and has held up well. It is larger than you may want though. Maybe talk to them and see what they would rather carry. I much prefer a cross body bag, though we carry very little in the park. Also be sure they will chose to have a autograph book if they have to carry it themselves. My guys took after me and would rather have nothing in the park than to carry it:worship:

I would check out etsy. Not the cheapest option, but definitely a good option. I made my son one from the peekaboo patterns adventurer backpack pattern, and it fits all your criteria (though I just used strapping I had, but you could make it cushier or have the person making it do so.) next up I'm trying a new pattern called jet pack.

I took a look at etsy, and there are definitely a few sellers using the adventurer backpack pattern.

Boys or Girls? There are more options for girls of course. Also what are their ages so perhaps we can recommend size appropriate. I would recommend a different bag for a 4/5 year old than I would an 8/9 year old.

For younger kids I would suggest looking at Lilly Vernon Kids bags. You can personalize it with their name and they have lots of options for boys and girls.

For older kids, especially girls, I would look at a Kipling Mini Cross Body or backpack. Great quality and will last for years. Also Le SportSac is a popular brand. The Vera Bradley outlets have sales and have some smaller hipster and cross body for girls.

My boys just use cinch sacks. For this last trip, I had personalized Disney cinch sacks done on Etsy - think I paid around $13 a piece and they held up well. Definitely will be able to reuse again if they want to.

My boys have 31 gifts cinch sacs which they use a ton and hold up great. They both have baseballs embroidered on them and we've used them for so many trips and other things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter