Bags before dinner

tltay2005

DIS Veteran
Has anyone with first seating for dinner ever had their bags not arrive in time to change?

Has anyone with first seating for dinner ever had their bags not arrive in time to change?
We once had only one of our bags arrive before dinner. The second one was there when we got back from dinner. But, it was a really strange boarding day (delayed 3 hours, waiting for entertainers, and delayed guests to arrive) And it seemed a little out of sync overall (from the CMs) that night.

I have had a bag not show up in time for 2nd seating. My little bag arrived, but not my big bag, I was actually getting a bit anxious that my bag had been left at the port! LOL. It showed up after dinner. Luckily, I love me my skirts, so I was dressed appropriately for the MDR, I would have been in trouble at Remy or Palo.

That being said, it only happened once and really, they are pretty relaxed on Disney. Palo and Remy are the only 2 restaurants I have seen actually enforce the dress code.

Not me personally, but I know there's a stateroom on my last cruise that didn't get one of their bags before main dinner seating. There was a bag that wasn't mine sitting next to my bag. I assumed it was for the stateroom next to mine and moved it more down towards my neighbor's group of bags. I noticed after I returned from the early show (I had second seating for dinner) that my neighbor had taken in their bags but this bag was still sitting out in the hall. I checked the stateroom number on it and realized that it was for a stateroom far away from where we were. I flagged down a stateroom host and pointed it out so they could take care of it, but I felt bad I hadn't checked the stateroom number on it earlier. So if you have a bag that doesn't show up, ask early for help in locating it. It might be sitting outside another stateroom.

Yes. It happened to me on RCCL. It can happen on any cruise line. That's why I always pack what I will need for the day in a carry on.

Yes, it happened to us on our 3rd cruise. I felt so uncomfortable wearing jeans in the MDR that night. That was when jeans & shorts were not allowed in the MDRs. The bag I needed didn't get to our room until after the second show started. I have packed dinner clothes in a carry on ever since.

Thank you for posting this. I will make sure we all have some thing to wear in our carry on just in case.

Our bags have always been at our cabin when we arrived there between 1:30 and 2:00. I attribute that to early check-in and having our bags "handled" before they have a chance to backup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter