Bagless ~ how do you do it?

I have a Passport Lanyard, and it holds a LOT!:thumbsup2 Even my Razor Cell phone. So that goes around my neck, and so does the camera!:thumbsup2

Are you talking about the 'Passporter' pouches or something different? From what I understand, the pouches are small enough and flat enough to not have to go thru the bag check line. I'm considering ordering one but I'm not in love with the color or the strap. May customize it.

I have a Passport Lanyard, and it holds a LOT!:thumbsup2 Even my Razor Cell phone. So that goes around my neck, and so does the camera!:thumbsup2

Awww, I just 'googled' it. I see what you're talking about. Is it sturdy?

DH wears cargo shorts. My shorts have pockets just big enough for my park admission and room key and they button as well.

On our last trip we rented a locker each day and wondered why we never had done this before. There were days we brought stuff in (can't avoid the bag check at the entry, but that's OK) and then stored it in the locker. Anytime we bought something, back to the locker it went and we were hands free the whole day. :)

I can't imagine going bagless with kids, but with just my fiancee and I it is relatively simple. I used the cargo pants idea, although my fiancee did not always like being loaded down like a pack mule. Last time I went it was in January so I wore a light jacket and put things in the pocket of my jacket. That is not really an option in summer though. The locker idea is always possible, but they are really expensive.

I put a camera in its case in my pocket one time and went thru the no-bag line at EPCOT and boy I must have gone thru on the day that the grouchiest security guy was at post. He barked that I had to go thru the bag line. I said I didn't have a bag. He barked back, What's that in your pocket and I said a camera and showed him. He still wanted me to go thru the bag line. He did finally let me go, but he wasn't very nice at all.
So just a word of warning, some security guys take this all very seriously. :confused3 The guy in front of me had on cargo pants fully loaded and wasn't even looked at. Go figure. I guess little old 150 lb., 50 something female looked threatening.

I say YAY for fanny packs too. I'm not there to make a fashion statement. :-) I can carry most of what you mentioned in my fanny pack. However DH wears a vest similar to what the photographers wear at the parks. He carries the cell phone and if it looks like there's a good chance of rain, he carries a well-folded poncho flat in the back "pocket" of the vest. Yes, like someone else mentioned, the fanny pack has to be checked. But it's way simpler than a backpack or a large bag.
Of course we don't have any children either. When our boys were grade school age, we didn't carry the large bags that we see in the parks now. I carried what was necessary in a shoulder bag (similar to the "healthy back" bags that you see now). That was easy. But that was also years before 9/11 and the increased security measures.

If I need to bring a poncho, I bring a fanny pack. Technically, it's a fanny pack with a water bottle holder, so I bring that as well. Usually bring this if we're going to spend all day in the parks.

If I go bagless (usually for an evening, not spending a ton of time there), it's camera in front pocket; cell phone in back pocket, but only if we're meeting someone in the park - if we're not meeting anyone, it stays in the room. Room key in other back pocket with park admission.

Sometimes I leave the camera in the room, too - after going so many times I don't need to take nearly as many pictures!

I wear a visor into the park unless it's already dark, then it gets left in the room. Only use sunglasses at water parks or while driving - I find the visor works way better in the parks.

Another style-challenged fanny pack person here! I figure after an hour or 2 in the heat and humidity, my hair is frizzed (or smashed under a cap), my make-up has slid off, my ankles are swollen, my clothing is rumpled, the seat of my pants is probably dirty and I'm probably walking with a limp. I don't think the fanny pack is going to diminish my stylish image much further! :lmao:

But, seriously, I can get everything I need for the parks in there, and have hands free and no weight on my neck and shoulders. Even DGD13, who is extremely fashion-conscious (what teen girl isn't?) is shopping for a fanny pack for next trip. One trip of carrying a sling bag all day/night was enough for her too!

I have learned to unsnap the fanny pack and take it off for photos tho. A few pics with that little black tumor on my belly was enough for me! :rotfl2:

I only wear cargo pants to the parks. We will have 3 kids with us and I still plan to be bagless. room key, no wallet, camera is about the size of a pack of smokes so that is easy and we only have one in diapers. We take a break every afternoon and on her schedule i just need to carry 1 diaper and a quick wipe box. Then we are off to the parks for 4 hours then back to the hotel to stock up again for the evening. Juice cups will be in the $27/day stroller and we are good to go. I would consider my family a minimalist family.

DH will be wearing cargo shorts, so he can carry some stuff. I ordered a Passporter Pouch which I have read allows you to go through the bagless line (unless you run into a grumpy security guy). I actually attached a tiny coin purse to the backside of mine that I can drop chapstick and meds in. Just gives me a tad more space, but the rest seems to hold everything else - cards, maps, money. I will take my camera in a tiny camera bag and have DH stick that in his pocket for entry.

I remember reading here on the DIS, that a few people wear cargo vests into the parks. They hold a lot and look to be very convenient.

Front_Vest_4903.jpg

Most everything we need fits into our wallets, except the camera (I make my husband carry this) and our cell phones (good idea to carry incase we get seperated).
You can always do what my mother-in-law does,she carries the smaller things, lipstick/cell phone, in her bra. :confused3

My DH and I have vowed to go bagless this next trip. We went to Epcot once while my parents took our daughter to MK this March, what a wonderful feeling to just glide right past the bag check line! Our DD will be 6 when we go next Sept, so much less to worry about. Cargo shorts and cargo capris all the way and a rented stroller for the tired 6 year old legs!:thumbsup2

DH really wanted me to go bagless, but I fought him all the way. I bought a small purse on clearance at Target. It fit two kinds of sunscreen (rebottled), camera, hand sanitizer, cell phone (because we don't wear watches), a poncho, and other small things (cash, pens, gum, advil, bandaids). It was small enough to fit into all of the pouches on rides.

I hope the bag line isn't your main reason for going bagless. I just avoided people with big bags that had to be unpacked and zoomed through the lines. Having my pockets loaded with stuff (DH only lets his poncho into his cargo pants) does not make for a fun day in my opinion. Or is having a jacket tied around your waist better than a small bag?

We have been bagless for years.

I bought a couple pair of super light weight fast drying cargo shorts from either llbean or lands end... I have a hook on my shorts for a small sunscreen. bring chapstick in pocket, wear a hat ,sunglasses on a string around my neck ; cell phone in pocket,
that's it!

DH puts camera in his pocket, and carries wallet, wears a hat and sunglasses.
'It is soooo nice to skip the bag line!!

I don't worry about the hit and miss storms, just wait it out, (usually head to one of the hotels for a drink at the bar till sun comes out!)
for a rainy day, I wear a rain jacket. If it gets in the way, we rent a locker.

My solution= cargo shorts. I got some great ones at GAP yesterday and each leg has three pockets, two small below and one large at top. Large on each leg will hold cell phone and small camera wrapped in sandwich baggies for water, small pockets can hold Rx meds lipstick or anything else. I'm not sure what to tell you about a poncho?

We figure we're only 20 minutes from our resort and are only going to stay in a park for 3-4 hours, break, and return later. How much extra junk do we need? I pity the families, been there done that but we're empty nesters now and try to make traveling, hands and shoulder free. No water bottles, fountains are fine and a cup of water at a CS suffices, tickets and little cash in pocket and camera. No cell phones needed, we're on vacation, we're not going to get separated, really can't figure that one and away we go, if rain is forecasted in the afternoon, usually a brief shower we duck into an attraction or shop but if it looks like clouds and going to rain alot, small ponchos fit in our pockets real fine. We do this not to escape the security counter but just to have our arms and shoulders free and not being a pack mule with stuff we never will use, the in case scenario, never has happened and to use a locker, might as well left it in the room

I was at the shoe store today and there were flip-flops with storage in them (could fit your roomkey/credit card). They were by Reef, and called Stash Flip-Flops.

They looked interesting, but I bought a different pair of shoes. I'll probably try to find something small to hold just my roomkey, a little cash, and maybe my phone.. maybe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter