Baggage allowance

Norkai

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone!

I am hoping to draw on the experiences of others that done a stopover in LA on their way to Orlando. Have you had to pay for luggage between LAX and MCO?

I have 5 adults going to Florida for a Disney cruise in November with 10 days at POR afterwards. We were thinking of having a stopover in LA for a couple of days to see the Disneyland 60th Anniversary celebrations and to see World of Color. I wasn't sure if the flight was booked at the same time, and on the same ticket, if we would keep the international baggage limit.

Does anyone have any experience with this situation?

I have Delta flights from Sydney to Orlando with a 4 day stop in L.A on the way. We have 2 checked bags every sector, cause it's all one ticket.
Have you booked the flights, check with TA

No we haven't booked the flights yet. Went to the TA yesterday and we managed to find flights for $1850pp leaving from Adelaide which was great. TA was going to confirm the baggage allowance and I was going to confirm the details with the others in my party. And of course the flights went up overnight to $2550pp.:headache:

TA managed to negotiate with the airline to get it down to $2071pp but told us we would have to pay luggage fees on the LAX - MCO as well as the MCO - LAX (even though it was a straight connection back home to Adelaide).

Putting booking flights on hold for now and praying for another sale. Still have almost 9 months until we leave so I'm not too worried yet.

Oh crap, that's bad luck.
If you are leaving in Nov I thought the flights were less than that.
We leave Dec 16th, expensive.
Have a look on line yourself you might find a good price, the only site that won't let u do muti bookings is Virgin Australia. The Delta site is real easy to use.
Good Luck

Leaving at the end of November, but returning mid December so we only get cheaper flights on the way there however the returning flights are more expensive because of the Christmas season. :(

ahhh... timing is everything with purchasing air tickets. It looks as though your agent is purchasing you separate legs for the USA domestic flights. If the agent were to purchase your entire trip with one carrier (family of carriers - such as Star Alliance) on one ticket then you would save the baggage fees and have the international baggage limits on all flights.
I can appreciate that with 5 people an extra $200/hd adds up to a lot of $$$ but I still suggest you check it out. cause sometimes the extra convenience is worth it. Also I have been caught out several times with USA domestic flights being delayed and when it is all on one ticket then there is no hassle and no cost to the rescheduling other flights. But if you buy the flights separately, miss one - then all the rearranging is on you and you have to cover the cost until you can claim on your insurance.

Get the TA to check the first class flights on the domestic legs - I worked out that by the time I paid for my luggage with the economy seat, it would only be $75 more to fly first class - I figured that was worth it!

We booked our trip all on one ticket (New York and LA) and didn't have to pay any extra for luggage. We flew with United the whole way.

We flew Delta PER-SYD-LAX-NYC-MCO-LAX-SYD-PER and had 2 bags each the whole time. As long as it's all booked on the same ticket I thought it would be included.

Thanks everyone for your replies. We are now booked with Qantas/American Airlines all on the same ticket. :woohoo:
TA confirmed 2 pieces (23kg each) per person on all flights are included.

I have anxiety about these things because a few years ago my wife and I booked a holiday with a North American Airpass and the TA said our international luggage allowance would be for all flights. We ended up having dramas at every airport (except good old Canada) and ending up having to pay out of pocket for quite a few flights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter