• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bag Help!

Siouzee

Earning My Ears
I am searching for the "perfect" bag to bring into the parks. I have never been to WDW and I don't want to make a rookie mistake by bringing the wrong thing! LOL I have a 2 yr and a 5 yr that will be with me so I will have to pack things for them, I assume. Any advice and help would be appreciated!

THanks!

What do you need to pack for them. If they are both potty trained I'm not sure what you would need that wouldn't fit into a Vera Hipster. It's what I use when I'm at the park. Last year was a bit different since we bought our DD, we had a baby bag for her.

The hipster can hold wipes and sunscreen as well as your camera and wallet and you will still have room.

The hipster is a good choice. It also is washable, which is a great bonus. You can often find it on sale in the "older" prints. And because it is a cotton fabric, it will not be hot against your shoulder and neck when carrying it. :goodvibes

If you think you'll be park hopping, try to pick a bag that doesn't have too many compartments or zippers - it really slows you down at the security bag check.

I personally prefer a bag that is very light when it is empty. You'd be amazed how 5 pounds can feel like 50 after a day at the parks.

:) I would have to agree that the Vera Hipster is a great well made bag. THe strap is wide and will not dig into your neck and it can be cross body or over the shoulder. I use the Mini Hipster which is much smaller but I do not have children. They are very easy to clean and generally have a couple pockets inside and out. I also like her smaller backpack. :thumbsup2

My baggalini is nice it just doesn't have the same character that my Veras have.

THanks. I was told that I should pack extra set of clothes in my park bag for each day as well as extra suncreen and snacks. So I assume I need a decent size bag for the park. We do have a stroller so I could store it there.

Thanks!

I used to pack extra shirt/short for DS when he was younger. He rarely needed them but it gave me comfort and heavy bag/ :sad2:
However, now I don't pack anything except for my credit card/little cash/KTTWC/water/sunscree/firstaid, in a small cross body pack. I figure if any of us need to change, I could buy t-shirt at park.

I use Kipling bags since they are water resistent and very light and sturdy.
http://www.kipling-usa.com/product/...999753&view=all&parentPage=family&cid=1131365

I got a crossbody by Baggallini at Marshall's for a really good price. I would suggest going to Marshall's or TJMaxx if you have one near you to see what they have. The quality will be good and you'll pay a lot less.

I used to pack extra shirt/short for DS when he was younger. He rarely needed them but it gave me comfort and heavy bag/ :sad2:
However, now I don't pack anything except for my credit card/little cash/KTTWC/water/sunscree/firstaid, in a small cross body pack. I figure if any of us need to change, I could buy t-shirt at park.

I use Kipling bags since they are water resistent and very light and sturdy.
http://www.kipling-usa.com/product/...999753&view=all&parentPage=family&cid=1131365

I showed my DW the bag from your link and told her this looks too purse like for me to carry around. She :rotfl2: and held up the current purse that she's using. It was the same one! She told me she has three of them a black one a khaki one and a red one. She swears by them and wasn't planing to bring a purse but some sort of backpack now she's reconsidering her choice.

I think I'll stick with my backpack. But I like the tip about just buying a t-shirt if need be. (Sir could you please put extra ketchup, mustard, and BBQ sauce on my burger I saw a t-shirt I liked)

On our last trip, DD (then 2) was potty training so I carried pull-ups, wipes, etc. We have 2 kids, so I had the assorted necessities for them - in addition to my stuff. I liked the idea of having an extra change of clothes for the kids, wipes, a couple bottles of water - etc. I packed the kids stuff into the diaper bag - and I left it with the stroller when we went on rides, etc. I did not leave any valuables in the diaper bag. I kept them with me in a smaller bag. I didn't have the extra weight of the kids stuff, but it was nearby if needed.

I showed my DW the bag from your link and told her this looks too purse like for me to carry around. She :rotfl2: and held up the current purse that she's using. It was the same one! She told me she has three of them a black one a khaki one and a red one. She swears by them and wasn't planing to bring a purse but some sort of backpack now she's reconsidering her choice.

I think I'll stick with my backpack. But I like the tip about just buying a t-shirt if need be. (Sir could you please put extra ketchup, mustard, and BBQ sauce on my burger I saw a t-shirt I liked)

What can I say? She has GREAT taste when it comes to bags! :rotfl:
On top of my kipling crossbody, I'm also thinking of taking a kipling backpack.
http://www.kipling-usa.com/product/...999776&view=all&parentPage=family&cid=1130538
This is my son's backpack and I find it it's just as light weight and comfortable. :thumbsup2

I got a crossbody by Baggallini at Marshall's for a really good price. I would suggest going to Marshall's or TJMaxx if you have one near you to see what they have. The quality will be good and you'll pay a lot less.

I also have a crossbody by Baggallini. I bought mine on ebay for around $2o. Hope this helps
:lovestruc

I had a change of clothes for the boys in ziplock bags.
I had a ziplock bag of diapers and a package of wipes.
I had a ziplock bag of snacks.
and a few bottles of sunscreen

To ride the buses I put the ziplock bags in a reusable bag - which I showed at security. Then I shoved it all under the stroller.

I carried a small backpack with my camera, money, a small pack of wipes, and a diaper or 2.

I carried a small backpack to hold things for DD4 and DD7. It held a tube of sunscreen, a few antibacterial wipes, a couple of juice boxes, lightweight Gladware containers and Ziplock baggies holding sandwiches and snacks, a small autograph book (when the girls didn't want to carry it) and, if I didn't have it around my neck, my Nikon DSLR. I didn't bother with a change of underwear/clothes (if we'd had an emergency that required one I'd likely have had a kid who was so upset we had to go back to the resort anyway) but one would have fit - I did have one in there when I carried the bag on the plane, just in case it took our luggage a while to arrive via ME.

For me, a backpack was the best choice because I needed a larger bag to carry our lunches and snacks, and the straps allowed me to spread the weight more equally.

We were in the parks last week. Even though it was busy, I miss it!

I chose a Baggalinni. It was perfect. I put my Nikon camera in there, a few diapers and travel wipes, tickets, KTTW. Loved all of the pockets. We had another small cooler bag with snacks/water/juice. One huge tip I learned here was sunscreen wipes. I had no idea anything like that existed! Saved quite a bit of space. I stuck 3 wipes per person in the side of the bag as well as a sunscreen stick for the face. At bag check I already had the bags out and then both fit underneath the stroller with zero problem. When we parked for rides, I just grabbed the Baggalinni.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter