• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bag check stretching to harbor

bethwc101

DIS Veteran
Just a little heads up to anyone who might be heading over right now, bag check is stretching all the way to Harbor Boulevard. Even the no bag line is a 20-minute wait right now
20180619_093515.jpg 20180619_093531.jpg 20180619_093635.jpg

Last edited:
I can tell you yesterday, bag checks were pretty long on Harbor side around this time, but M&F side wasnt too bad.

for anyone else there, M&F closed around 4pm yesterday.

That is INSANE! Parks opened at 8am today, 7am MM at DL.
I was there on Saturday morning, I was so freaked out about the recent reports of long lines on Harbor that I got there at 7:30am, cruised through with no line whatsoever. It was a 9am opening though with 8am MM at DL. I was basically at the turnstiles to DL a full hour before they let us non-MM people in at 8:30. I kept looking over to the bag check and the line never looked that bad.

What time was this at? I have seen it almost this bad, but this is horrible!
Looks like the pictures were posted at 7:37 this morning. YIKES!

This was a regular occurrence during our recent visits. Of course, we were last there the week before Easter, a few days after New Year's and all of Thanksgiving week. We encountered bag check lines ourselves as described at least once or twice each of those visits and witnessed and heard about them a couple of other times as well. The last time that we visited that we never once saw it as bad as that on the Harbor side was last August.

Wow I have never seen the line this long during our trips. I might have to skip bringing a bag, I always say I want to try it maybe my august trip will be the time to try it out lol

On a Tuesday? A weekend I can understand, but not even a Tuesday during the summer does that make sense. But we are always to the park 30-45 minutes before opening because this is a fear of mine.

I have seen the bag line like this on many occasions, most notably in February 2017 (the Tuesday after President's Day), when they also stretched back to Harbor. I've posted that picture here on the boards several times.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Tuesday morning within an hour of park opening is the worst time to hit Harbor security (at least, the worst time that's at all predictable). You figure that most Harbor hotel guests have at least 3-day tickets with a MM... and the Tuesday MM is the most popular... so Tuesday mornings have the highest concentration of people hitting the parks in the smallest period of time on Harbor. It's consistently a nightmare.

I've gone many, many Tuesday and Thursday mornings over the past few years because I had a kiddo in M/W/F morning preschool, and we also go on a lot of Saturday and Sunday mornings... and, on the occasional day off from preschool, we sometimes do hit a M/W/F. Absolutely, without question, Tuesday mornings are the worst. The. Worst. The worsty-worst.

I'm sorry, OP, that looks like no fun at all. Hope it moved more quickly than anticipated.

okay...so I'm a WDW vet flying to Anaheim on Thursday. We're planning on going to Disneyland Friday morning - staying at Candy Cane Inn. Park opens at 9 am, what time should I leave my hotel?

Thanks

okay...so I'm a WDW vet flying to Anaheim on Thursday. We're planning on going to Disneyland Friday morning - staying at Candy Cane Inn. Park opens at 9 am, what time should I leave my hotel?

Thanks
7:45. There's no Magic Morning on Friday, so it's not going to be this crazy. If you're hitting security an hour before opening, you'll be fine. Then you can get in line and they'll probably open the gates around 8:30 and you can hang out on Main Street and get up near the rope if that's important to you.

And we'll probably be there Friday morning, too!

The SoCal AP's are not blocked today I don't think. Maybe the lines will subside a bit when they are.
Yes, no one is blocked out today due to the lifted blockouts. Tomorrow is the last day for SoCal Select APs to go; the SoCal people can go all the way until the 28th except for this Saturday. And anecdotally, I do know a lot of Select passholders going this week (Monday-Wednesday).

But on the Harbor side in the morning, hotel guests make up much more of the security crowd than people coming from the parking lot. Keep in mind that the Toy Story lot only would have been open for about half an hour when those pictures were taken (and when security is backed up to this extent, almost all of the Toy Story busses drop off in their normal loading zone, sending those people to the far left security tent and keeping them out of these pictures entirely)... the people pictured mostly aren't coming from the busses; they're coming from the hotels.

Yes, no one is blocked out today due to the lifted blockouts. Tomorrow is the last day for SoCal Select APs to go; the SoCal people can go all the way until the 28th except for this Saturday. And anecdotally, I do know a lot of Select passholders going this week (Monday-Wednesday).

But on the Harbor side in the morning, hotel guests make up much more of the security crowd than people coming from the parking lot. Keep in mind that the Toy Story lot only would have been open for about half an hour when those pictures were taken (and when security is backed up to this extent, almost all of the Toy Story busses drop off in their normal loading zone, sending those people to the far left security tent and keeping them out of these pictures entirely)... the people pictured mostly aren't coming from the busses; they're coming from the hotels.

Yeah this isn’t largely locals. If M&F was backed up to the escalators then I’d be more inclined to blame the Passholders. This is hotel guests. I know I personally hate Toy Story because putting the stroller on the bus by myself is a huge hassle. Most other locals I know prefer M&F in the morning because it has the freeway exit and you can avoid Harbour Blvd totally.

Wow! This is crazy...
I read a lot about long lines for security here but I somehow didn’t think it would really be that bad...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter