Bag check guard opened wallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjr0483

DIS Veteran
I know I am going to get flamed for this but today we went through security at EPCOT and the guard was looking through my backpack and then he did something that irked me a little. He took my wife's zipper wallet and opened it, with her cash and credit cards in it. Even in the name of security, he could have asked me to open it instead of just taking it upon himself.

He may have simply not realized it was a wallet but thought that it was a wristlet or pouch which is perfectly acceptable for them to unzip.

I myself may have been a bit irked by it as well but I also would have figured it was an honest mistake.

But he didn't open the much larger zippered eye glass case. If you want to get something through put it in a drink mug. They never seem to look into those. Well they need to be thorough. It won't be long.

last week at security- right before bag check- I took out my wrist let and put it in my cargo shorts. Security went thru my bag, then my sisters- including opening up her slim fold wallet. I placed my wristlet into my backpack and then walked thru the metal sectors (line was slow so everyone went thru). Anyway- my wristlet ended up not being checked at all. Their system is still very flawed. Lots of guys with big cargo shorts - walking in- right past the metal detectors. I get the whole -" there is another side to the security and this is meant to slow things down and give the real security a chance to scan things"- but I'm not sure I buy into that.

But he didn't open the much larger zippered eye glass case. If you want to get something through put it in a drink mug. They never seem to look into those. Well they need to be thorough. It won't be long.

Listen, its security theater, we all know it but if you want to go you've just got to deal with it.
Same with the airport.
I may not like it but I just suck it up and move on.

I don't understand what the problem is.
The problem is they are opening small bill fold wallets- but people with baggy cargo shorts obviously bulging with "stuff" walk thru as they don't have bags. The problem is the camera I had strapped around my neck (large dslr)- was not inspected to see if it was a device, but one day at the magic kingdom they open ended up my credit card pouch and flipped thru the cards. The security is very inconsistent and really needs to decide exactly what they are looking for. Receipts or weapons.

The problem is they are opening small bill fold wallets- but people with baggy cargo shorts obviously bulging with "stuff" walk thru as they don't have bags. The problem is the camera I had strapped around my neck (large dslr)- was not inspected to see if it was a device, but one day at the magic kingdom they open ended up my credit card pouch and flipped thru the cards. The security is very inconsistent and really needs to decide exactly what they are looking for. Receipts or weapons.

Maybe they are trying to figure out how much money they can snag out of you.

Or, maybe they are like The Incredible Burt Wonderstone and will make it disappear on the spot?

Maybe they are trying to figure out how much money they can snag out of you.

Or, maybe they are like The Incredible Burt Wonderstone and will make it disappear on the spot?
I don't think anyone was trying at take anything from me- just can't imagine how fingering thru my cards is of my security value than inspecting the 4 lb device around my neck.

I assume they know what they're doing. Seems better to me to have just that - inconsistent security, checking things at random - than for people to be able to know in advance exactly what they will be looking for. :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter