Bad weather Whats open?

WickedElphaba

Earning My Ears
We are in Orlando currently. We arrived on Sunday and buzzed into SW for a few hours and then spent all day today at BG. We have the 14 day passes and 1 GAD pass to Disney. Tuesday is supposed to rain so do *NOT* want to use the GAD pass and if the weather truly bites dont want to be 1.5 hrs from hotel to go to BG again plus imagine as BG is more a ride park most everything will be not running. So we are debating vegging at hotel or staying on plan and going to SW in the morning. Since passes are paid for it is really only the 12$ parking we would be out....Is it worth it? i know i know we drove 18 hrs its only 12$ how is it NOT worth it LOL but if EVERYTHING is basically shut down (rides and shows) a day off might be ok too

So experts...in Thunderstorm conditions...What is open at SW?

We are in Orlando currently. We arrived on Sunday and buzzed into SW for a few hours and then spent all day today at BG. We have the 14 day passes and 1 GAD pass to Disney. Tuesday is supposed to rain so do *NOT* want to use the GAD pass and if the weather truly bites dont want to be 1.5 hrs from hotel to go to BG again plus imagine as BG is more a ride park most everything will be not running. So we are debating vegging at hotel or staying on plan and going to SW in the morning. Since passes are paid for it is really only the 12$ parking we would be out....Is it worth it? i know i know we drove 18 hrs its only 12$ how is it NOT worth it LOL but if EVERYTHING is basically shut down (rides and shows) a day off might be ok too

So experts...in Thunderstorm conditions...What is open at SW?

If its raining, everything should be open. Unless its a downpour in which case the rides would be closed, but shows woul be open.

If its lightning, then outdoor shows, which are the Shamu show, Dolphin show and Sealion show will go into a show short show delay. If its still lightning, the show will be canceled.

Acorrding to the weather report, the thunderstorms will be in the morning and just rain after 1pm. So you could do the indoor pets ahoy show during the thunderstorms, maybe to some indoor exhibits. And then if you dont mind just the rain, you could do the outdoor shows, rides and exhibits since the lightning threat will be gone. It could work out that it would be like having the enitre park to yourself since people dont like to brave the rain you wont have many people to compete with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter