• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

bad scooter rental = move It Mobility

:I have been thru quite an ordeal myself with move it mobilty. The ironic thing for me is I returned 2 scooters the morning of the 23rd of sept!!!! The same day gratefulfred had his nightmare.!!!! Danny came and picked them up from me around 8am and I haven't spoken to him since. I thought all was well. He had charged my credit card almost $300 for the 9 days we were on vacation. No problem right? Wrong! The 25th of Nov. there was a mystery charge from move it on my cc for $80. So, I disputed it and after about 30 days it was back on my cc again. I called the cc company to find out their results and move it had sent an obviously bogus generic form that just gave a total with tax and no other info. So, now we have to dispute again another 30day wait. And now this week another . duplicate charge for $300 from them . So today I cancelled my card so this mickey mouse game will stop. (pardon the pun ). I have called them, the cc company has called and the phone just rings. So, I thought after I hung up with the cc co. today that I would do some online investigating of my own and WOW I was not expecting all of this negative feedback on multiple websites. I thought it was just bad record keeping on their part. They gave me no reason to believe anything different from the very beginning Danny was very nice. He went out of his way to get us 2 scooters. He said he didn't have any available for 9 days and went and purchased 2 new ones...He seemed more than accommodating. Now it seems i'm the latest victim.....BEWARE

Sorry to hear they got you too. I have been disputing the charges with the credit card company and they initially removed them but recently I got a letter saying that unless I wrote them another letter they were going to put the charges back on because move it responded to them saying the scooters were delivered and I never contacted them with any problems. I rewrote my letter explaining that move it was simply lying and that they should be denied charging privileges, so far the charges have not reappeared.

anything resolved permanently?

I also looked at all of the compaints to the better business bureau, however, I'm wondering with so many of us having been defrauded if anyone has personally contacted the state attorney general's office about move it mobility?

Sounds like someone should. They need to be closed down permanently and face criminal charges.

:I have been thru quite an ordeal myself with move it mobilty. The ironic thing for me is I returned 2 scooters the morning of the 23rd of sept!!!! The same day gratefulfred had his nightmare.!!!! Danny came and picked them up from me around 8am and I haven't spoken to him since. I thought all was well. He had charged my credit card almost $300 for the 9 days we were on vacation. No problem right? Wrong! The 25th of Nov. there was a mystery charge from move it on my cc for $80. So, I disputed it and after about 30 days it was back on my cc again. I called the cc company to find out their results and move it had sent an obviously bogus generic form that just gave a total with tax and no other info. So, now we have to dispute again another 30day wait. And now this week another . duplicate charge for $300 from them . So today I cancelled my card so this mickey mouse game will stop. (pardon the pun ). I have called them, the cc company has called and the phone just rings. So, I thought after I hung up with the cc co. today that I would do some online investigating of my own and WOW I was not expecting all of this negative feedback on multiple websites. I thought it was just bad record keeping on their part. They gave me no reason to believe anything different from the very beginning Danny was very nice. He went out of his way to get us 2 scooters. He said he didn't have any available for 9 days and went and purchased 2 new ones...He seemed more than accommodating. Now it seems i'm the latest victim.....BEWARE

Wow, that is bad, so sorry. :headache:

I myself filed a complaint with the better business bureau. I haven't heard anything from them yet, however, the latest 5 complaints now show that the company is out of business. I don't know as of what date for sure but, one of the complaints that says "out of business" is dated jan.15th, however, several of the BBB compaints, including myself, show our credit cards were all charged duplicate charges on Jan. 23rd. Looks like this guy needed alot of cash quik and left town quik!!!!

I myself filed a complaint with the better business bureau. I haven't heard anything from them yet, however, the latest 5 complaints now show that the company is out of business. I don't know as of what date for sure but, one of the complaints that says "out of business" is dated jan.15th, however, several of the BBB compaints, including myself, show our credit cards were all charged duplicate charges on Jan. 23rd. Looks like this guy needed alot of cash quik and left town quik!!!!

you need to file with the attorney general for Fl. the bbb will not be able to help you get any money back. I hate to say it, but you might not ever be bale to get the money back if teh guy is gone. I assume that you have already called your credit card company again and disputed charges. That might be the only way to get your money back.

you need to file with the attorney general for Fl. the bbb will not be able to help you get any money back. I hate to say it, but you might not ever be bale to get the money back if teh guy is gone. I assume that you have already called your credit card company again and disputed charges. That might be the only way to get your money back.

Yes, twice now. He sent a random form with a sk# and a total for $80.25 but, it doesn't give any datails. Of course we know that there are no details....it's a bogus charge. Then, reissued a duplicate charge for the original rental fee. What a mess! But, I still have to wait for the credit card co. to investigate. And yes, I did cancel my card, however, I can only feel bad for ALL of the other folks going through this exact same issue or better yet, the folks who don't realize that he's added more charges. I myself almost missed it on my bill. The first bogus charge was thanksgiving weekend, the very busiest shopping day of the year. I had alot of charges on my bill and of course I Glanced over it, glanced being the key word and once I saw it and disputed the charges only then did I start watching it closely. How many senior citizens missed it......we'll never know. Sad!

Hi latest victim Glad I checked this thread again last night. So today I called the charge back department of my credit card and they told me that move it had not responded to my most recent letter describing what move it had done to my family, so they will not be putting the charges back on my card and are closing the issue. I explained your story about the future Charges so they closed my account and are issuing me a new card. Thanks for the heads up

Hi latest victim Glad I checked this thread again last night. So today I called the charge back department of my credit card and they told me that move it had not responded to my most recent letter describing what move it had done to my family, so they will not be putting the charges back on my card and are closing the issue. I explained your story about the future Charges so they closed my account and are issuing me a new card. Thanks for the heads up

NO PROBLEM!!! The pleasure is mine!!! Especially after returning 2 scooters the morning of sept 23rd!!! I was hoping you would come back to this thread. I couldn't believe my eyes when I read your story. Believe me when I say how sick I am over your vacation.... It hit so close to home for me. Did you go through and read this entire thread?

I was not a member of this disboard prior to last week. I was online investigating other complaints that led me here. I have never been a member of any other kind of thread network, however, I couldn't keep silent knowing what I knew about sept.23rd and my conscience would't let me anyhow. I figured you needed confimation about danny not being at the sheriff's office because he was at my rental pick-up site. I would have sent you a direct message, however, on this site you have to have 10 posts to send a message. So, my only hope was for you to return and see the latest threads.

latest victim said:
I was not a member of this disboard prior to last week. I was online investigating other complaints that led me here. I have never been a member of any other kind of thread network, however, I couldn't keep silent knowing what I knew about sept.23rd and my conscience would't let me anyhow. I figured you needed confimation about danny not being at the sheriff's office because he was at my rental pick-up site. I would have sent you a direct message, however, on this site you have to have 10 posts to send a message. So, my only hope was for you to return and see the latest threads.

Well if one thing positive that came out of this is you find disboards. We welcome to the best forum on the dis the disabilities forum full of great people and the best moderator sue.

Well if one thing positive that came out of this is you find disboards. We welcome to the best forum on the dis the disabilities forum full of great people and the best moderator sue.

I totally agree! Thank you all for all of your help and insight on this matter. Gratefulfred is not the only one who feels grateful. Hopefully, my cc company will take all of this info into consideration and rule on my behalf. I'll keep you posted. Wish me luck!

latest victim said:
I totally agree! Thank you all for all of your help and insight on this matter. Gratefulfred is not the only one who feels grateful. Hopefully, my cc company will take all of this info into consideration and rule on my behalf. I'll keep you posted. Wish me luck!

We will I also posted the link to the Florida state attorney office and the compliant form if needed. I hope you don't and your cc decides to do the right thing.

We will I also posted the link to the Florida state attorney office and the compliant form if needed. I hope you don't and your cc decides to do the right thing.

Thanks David. You know what else I think......The next time I decide to go to disney and spend several thousand dollars ( 6 to be exact) I'm going to look into a prepaid credit card to use on purchases from individuals that are not familiar to me. This is the 2nd time for me to have to cancel my card in 6 months. Plus, believe it or not had to go through a dispute with my boyfriends credit card today. Can anybody relate to when it rains....it pours?!!

Thanks David. You know what else I think......The next time I decide to go to disney and spend several thousand dollars ( 6 to be exact) I'm going to look into a prepaid credit card to use on purchases from individuals that are not familiar to me. This is the 2nd time for me to have to cancel my card in 6 months. Plus, believe it or not had to go through a dispute with my boyfriends credit card today. Can anybody relate to when it rains....it pours?!!

that good idea i had problems with chase disney visa where it got stolen twice but they went into action right away replaced are cards and took the purchase away. found out from them they got are card back at a store in florida but didn't arrest anyone because the casheir let them knew it was stolen and they left. I know chase was not to happy how the store handled it but never knew if they arrested anyone. now they watch my cards which sounds great but sometimes they go over board to the point i have to call and tell them i am traveling. if not i get a call from their fraud department checking on charges or they put a hold on the card. so i do recommend chase they do a pretty good job and never gave me a hard time they even caught a charge before i did.

Their was only once where my mom had a problem similar to this. Where they took it off and after investigated they told her they received letter from the place and they have reinstate the charge. She filed a complaint with the Bbb against the place. But chase told us before the reinstated the charge she was more upset with the store but she did write chase they apologized and after the other two time they got stolen now as I explained above they go out of their way to make sure they keep an eye on are accounts. Sometimes the credit cards company get stuck in the middle they have to try and keep both parties happy but in the end no one wins unless the consumer gets their money back.

that good idea i had problems with chase disney visa where it got stolen twice but they went into action right away replaced are cards and took the purchase away. found out from them they got are card back at a store in florida but didn't arrest anyone because the casheir let them knew it was stolen and they left. I know chase was not to happy how the store handled it but never knew if they arrested anyone. now they watch my cards which sounds great but sometimes they go over board to the point i have to call and tell them i am traveling. if not i get a call from their fraud department checking on charges or they put a hold on the card. so i do recommend chase they do a pretty good job and never gave me a hard time they even caught a charge before i did.

Their was only once where my mom had a problem similar to this. Where they took it off and after investigated they told her they received letter from the place and they have reinstate the charge. She filed a complaint with the Bbb against the place. But chase told us before the reinstated the charge she was more upset with the store but she did write chase they apologized and after the other two time they got stolen now as I explained above they go out of their way to make sure they keep an eye on are accounts. Sometimes the credit cards company get stuck in the middle they have to try and keep both parties happy but in the end no one wins unless the consumer gets their money back.

Discover card is the same as well. I can't tell you how many times they have declined my card because of possible fraud alerts. I wish this had been one of those times. I also have to call and tell them when I'm traveling or I'll get declined. They knew last sept that I was going to florida and I would be charging several thousand dollars...so no problems at all....until nov. looks like they would have questioned the fact that I hadn't been in Fl for a couple of months.But, then again, I did do business with move it before so, how were they to know it wasn't a legitimate transaction. I sure can't hold it against them. I just hope me being a good customer, in good standing, for more than 20 years pulls some weight.

latest victim said:
Discover card is the same as well. I can't tell you how many times they have declined my card because of possible fraud alerts. I wish this had been one of those times. I also have to call and tell them when I'm traveling or I'll get declined. They knew last sept that I was going to florida and I would be charging several thousand dollars...so no problems at all....until nov. looks like they would have questioned the fact that I hadn't been in Fl for a couple of months.But, then again, I did do business with move it before so, how were they to know it wasn't a legitimate transaction. I sure can't hold it against them. I just hope me being a good customer, in good standing, for more than 20 years pulls some weight.

If it comes to this try and threat to cancel your card and see if that help that help my mom with Amex they wanted to charge late fees and interest on a charge she wanted to fight but didn't tell her before. Because with chase they don't they take it away and if they have reinstate it they just make you pay that charge but Amex kept charging interest even though we paid it forgot what they said was the reason. But we said we going to cancel they transferred us ask us why told them they took away most of the interest and fees so we decide not to cancel. Not saying that will help or work but sometimes when they face losing a customer they might be willing to try and keep you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter