bad rooms...?

ann-e-mator

Pitiful creature of darkness, what kind of life ha
We have seen conflicting information about rooms we have booked on the ship...rooms 2128-2129...can anyone confirm or deny noise problems from these rooms... Last year we were in 1070 and loved it!!! We sail on July 24...any info is helpful...

From dcltribute.com:

Are there rooms on Deck 2 that are noisy?

I had more than one question about the noise on Deck 2 while I maintained a "Let me answer your questions, 'live' from the Magic" thread on the DIS Boards during our 2001 Magic cruise, so I went down to Deck 2 and did my own evaluation.

First of all, let me state that, for the majority of the rooms, Deck 2 is very quiet and you should have no problem staying there. But there are some zones where staterooms are near loud mechanical equipment (electrical lockers, transformer rooms, a/c equipment rooms, ship's propellers, cargo hatches, etc.).

So with the disclaimer that "your mileage may vary" and that you may be willing to put up with the "dull roar" in exchange for a good fare, these are the rooms that are in noisy zones:

Port Starboard
2000 - 2004
2036 - 2047
2078 - 2085
2094 - 2096
2114 - 2129
2139 - 2153
2500 - 2520
2534 - 2547
2586 - 2600
2630 - 2653

Also, on Deck 1, you might want to avoid...

Port
1030 - 1037
1062 - 1064

we stayed close by, in stateroom 2120...IMO, deck 2 aft is a great location....You'll be fine in that location.... the noisiest stateroom we encountered was 2520, right under one of the clubs....just awful....we stayed in this stateroom on one of our first cruises, before I knew any better....We booked that particular cruise very late, perhaps 3 mos prior to sailing....It's no coincidence that all travel websites populate this stateroom location as always available.

We just got off the Magic 6/12 and we stayed in 2139, about 5 rooms down from where you'll be. It is also listed as a 'noisy' room but it really wasn't a problem. There was some engine noise but not enough to disturb us. Sometimes it was so quiet that my wife would swear that we were not moving! I really don't think that very many people would have a problem with 2139. Hopefully, 2129 is pretty much the same.

I agree with other posters; deck 2 is a good location.

Good luck! You'll have a great time!

Originally posted by ann-e-mator
We have seen conflicting information about rooms we have booked on the ship...rooms 2128-2129...can anyone confirm or deny noise problems from these rooms... Last year we were in 1070 and loved it!!! We sail on July 24...any info is helpful...
"Back there" you might get the thruster noise during docking and undocking (ok what do you call it when the ship pulls away from the dock:confused: :teeth: ) We stayed in that general area once and I don't remember any noise that bothered me.

I've yet to meet anyone (uh-oh, are flames headed this way?) who had a bad time in their room or trouble sleeping due to noise. Most of the time one is so relaxed from the gentle rocking motion or exhausted from shore excursions/onboard activities that noise is the last thing one notices.

JMHO:D

Oops! Sorry alexandrew, I didn't fully read your thread until now. Looks as if there are some bad rooms.

Well, let's say MOST of the rooms are free of noise.:D

You WILL have trouble sleeping in cabin #5000 if you go to bed before the shows are finished or if you have small children and nap with them in the afternoon during matinee time or BINGO that they also do in the Walt Disney Theatre below. If you are not a napper and go to the later show anyway, you will love this location, no other problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter