Bad reviews but had good food.

I guess since I started this thread I should add my own. Our favorites from our last trip in 2011 were Park Fare at the GF, and Biergarten. Had an absolutley wonderful time and faboulous meals at both. Would go back to both in a hearbeat. :thumbsup2

I also agree with Coral Reef. We ate there last October and had a fantastic meal! I wonder why so many people complain about a NOISY restaurant. You are in DISNEY WORLD! Seriously? What do you expect? They can't tell everyone to keep quiet.. lol.

Ohana and Le Cellier are always touted as being overrated and get bad reviews based on that but we have had multiple excellent meals at both!!! :thumbsup2

No drinking the kool aid, no buying the hype, genuinely wonderful meals at both!

I had never really heard any great reviews of Biergarten. But in our quest to see and try it all at WDW, it was on the "to do list". So this past January we tried it. The food was fantastic! The atmosphere inside and decor were great. We enjoyed it so much we have ADRs for our upcoming trip in December

I have to agree. We love Biergarten. I think folks are just put off by the idea of sitting with strangers, but honestly we've never had a problem. Love the food and atmosphere. It's one of our favorites!

Rose & Crown - Again, love the food and atmosphere. Never had a bad experience and we go there all of the time!

Casey's - News to me that this even has a bad reputation! I've never seen a bad review. It's hotdogs for goodness sakes. How can you go wrong?

Ohana - Love Ohana. Not a place we go to all of the time but whenever we have gone, it has been great.

Cape May Cafe - One of my absolute favorites. Never had a bad meal or experience here.

Coral Reef was probably one of our favorites on our first trip, we went for the atmosphere and left with a great meal... which is saying something cause my GF isn't a fish person.
Also Teppen Edo seems to be a love or hate thing well we loved it...

Another vote for the Sci Fi Dine-In Theater...we eat there almost every trip, this most recent trip, TWO times, lol. I had the shrimp pasta and LOVED it, sooo good!!

Coral Reef for us :) It was the first place I had ever tried risotto and have had it many times since, but none have lived up to the scallop and mushroom risotto I had at Coral Reef :cloud9:

I've read plenty of bad reviews of SciFi Dine-in at HS, but I've had plenty of good meals there.
+1 :thumbsup2 Of course, I never order anything "complicated", but still - my Reubens have always been great!

Shutters at Caribbean Beach. Our meal was fantastic. I would definitely dine there again.
Another +1 :thumbsup2

I always find it amazing when people have ANYTHING negative to say about Ohana.
Here's the thing, based on my many 'Ohana experiences - it's one way or another: I've had fantastic meals and awful meals there, but nothing in the middle. When it's good, it's really, really good, but when it's bad - it's horrible!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll add Nine Dragons to the list, though it doesn't seem to get as much hate mail as it once did. We looove the place and haven't had anything less than stellar service and yummy food in our many trips!

The Garden Grill. I have always enjoyed my meals there. I know a lot of people hated it. I wish they were still open for lunch!

Chef Mickey's has always been a great meal for us.
H&V surprised me BIG TIME @ breakfast. It was super fresh & clean w/ a great staff! Even the chef behind the buffet was chatting up a storm. Very pleasant.

Chef Mickey's - My mom and I had a great time here, our server was great, we enjoyed everything we ate and I didn't find it too loud or anything

Tony's - Did lunch here in 2010 and after reading reviews I was really worried. It was great! Everyone in the party (3 adults) liked everything we had.

Le Cellier - Okay, so this could me having rose colored glasses on because it holds a dear spot in my head (it was where I got to spend the last Mother's Day with my mom before she passed :littleangel:) but I really enjoyed it there and made it a point to always eat there. This upcoming trip is an exception because of many reasons but with the Food & Wine happening while I'm there I'm planning on getting my soup and steak anyway

Chef Mickeys was fantastic... such great assortment for breakfast.
Sci-Fi had great food as well.
Hollywood and Vine was lots of fun for lunch and had great assortment as well - have heard it is super loud but we honestly didnt really notice.

We loved Cape May Cafe for breakfast and Biergarten is a must do for us we do on every trip. We will be trying Chef Mickey's breakfast on the next trip and I can't wait. It seems like people either love it or hate it. I think sometimes people just set really high standards for food at Disney and expect everything to be perfect all the time and when one thing goes the least bit wrong they say it's horrible. I've not had a bad experience yet and fingers crossed it stays that way.

This is a great thread. It's nice to hear some positives about places that constantly get trashed!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Lecellier been twice Loved it both times

Tony's been 3 times Enjoyed all 3 meals

Sci FI been twice Enjoyed both meals

Another vote for Tony's. We just returned from 11 days at the beginning of the month and on a MK day we (friend/co-worker, DD12 and I) didn't have dinner ADRs and while we were having no problem getting anything, we let DD pick and she picked Tony's. Both my co-worker and I had never eaten there because we had heard such bad things but decided to give it a try and we are glad we did. No, it was not on the same scale as my favorite Italian place here at home, but we enjoyed it nonetheless. We had great service and enjoyed our food a lot (crab fonduta, mushroom tortelloni and DD had spaghetti with meatballs and sausage [she liked the sausage better than the meatballs] and a birthday surprise for DD). My DD loved it, said she can't wait to eat there next time. :) Since I enjoyed it, too, I have no problem appeasing her. :thumbsup2

Biergarten-food was excellent-very authentic. Show was fun! Didn't mind sitting with others (but they weren't fun people!;-))

Garden grill-went for the characters, didn't expect much- the food was amazing! Best, freshest, meal I've ever had at disney!

Chef Mickey's- we do breakfast or dinner there, and we've never had a bad meal there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter