Bad news about Cape May Cafe

sunshineNJ

DIS Veteran
We ate there a couple nights ago and while it was still very good there were NO RIBS! :(:( We were very surprised and the staff said there are not coming back. The shrimp were already peeled though.

As long as they have crab legs for me and mussels for DH I'm a happy camper.

There weren't any of these at Boma either. I enjoyed my meal but I was bummed out when I couldn't get these for dessert any more.

Boma never had oreo bon-bons; the whole point was that they were unique to Cape May. Boma's signature dessert is Zebra Domes and there have been no other reports that they have gone missing.

I've personally never had Cape May's ribs, so IMO the oreo bon-bons being gone is what upsets me the most. :mad:

Yeah but they really have added a lot. LOTS of new desserts that are delish - so boo about the bonbons but they have at least imroved their other offerings to make up for it.

Boma never had oreo bon-bons; the whole point was that they were unique to Cape May. Boma's signature dessert is Zebra Domes and there have been no other reports that they have gone missing.
We went some years back and there was a dessert at Boma that tasted just like Oreos and had the same rough look as Oreos. At first I thought that they were just simply chocolate covered Oreos. I remember thinking how much better they were than the Zebra Domes.

Maybe they weren't the bon-bons but something similar and I'm mixing them up. Whatever they were, they were really good and I missed them. :)

We ate at Chef Mickeys at Contemporary four nights ago and the had oreo bon bons. My youngest had three! So if they were exclusive to Cape May they arent anymore.

We have an ADR for Cape May tonight. I hope the crab legs are there otherwise I am in trouble with DH! :-)

Hi
I read that they're going to sell the oreo bon bons in the gift shop. I don't know if it's true.

sunshineNJ said:
We ate there a couple nights ago and while it was still very good there were NO RIBS! :(:( We were very surprised and the staff said there are not coming back. The shrimp were already peeled though.

Cap May is an every year ADR for us, and we are seafood people so we gladly will trade ribs for having the shrimp already peeled any day!!! 30 days and counting 'till we're in the world!!

We have been to cape may the last 2 trips and will be going again next year...i never ate the ribs i usually filled up on the clam chowder lol...change is usually good i will have to remember to check the updated menu and see whats new

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter