• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bad Info from Disney on park reservations.

xipotec

Grinning Ghosts
So I have a ticket package hotel and park tickets, made through Disneyland website.

The “cast member” I just chatted with says my tickets will only become available 4 days before arrival, and I cannot link them or make park reservations until then.

This has got to be wrong….how can it be that I cannot reserve a park till 4 days before I get there?

Does anyone know when and how I will be able to make park reservations if my tickets are not showing in the App?

I do have my hotel reservations package listed, and it says I have the 4 day tickets.

Arrival is August 1st.

I've never bought a package before. I agree with PP that the CM sounds confused. I'd try booking your reservations and if it doesn't work call and speak to another CM. When I've bought tickets the reservations were available right away.

I've never bought a package before. I agree with PP that the CM sounds confused. I'd try booking your reservations and if it doesn't work call and speak to another CM. When I've bought tickets the reservations were available right away.
I am not yet 60 days out….

I figured they would open up on that day? But I wanted to be sure, especially for dining reservations.

That was my thinking, that it would open at that time.

I would guess the same for dining.

This is out first trip to DL, and first post covid trip to any park.

Being WDW vets, its similar I suppose, but still getting those “reservation butterflies” as it gets closer.

Anyone have any advice on which park to do a half day in? First day we wont be going into the park till nighttime…

and suggestions on the best “land” to do for a short evening?

That was my thinking, that it would open at that time.

I would guess the same for dining.

This is out first trip to DL, and first post covid trip to any park.

Being WDW vets, its similar I suppose, but still getting those “reservation butterflies” as it gets closer.

Anyone have any advice on which park to do a half day in? First day we wont be going into the park till nighttime…

and suggestions on the best “land” to do for a short evening?
Disneyland. Start where it all started 😊

Also it’s usually open later.

Could the cast member possibly have meant you can't make reservations for 4 more days from today? If you are arriving August 1st, I would just try making reservations when your date opens up and see what happens.

Go through My Disneyland on the website. Go to my hotel reservations. If it isn’t already, link your hotel reservation. From there at the top should be a button to make theme park reservations.

Note that when you have a disney hotel reservation, you are in a different bucket than regular theme park guests that makes it a lot easier to get a reservation, that, even if you needed to do it 4 days before, you should still have the ability to get a reservation. However, as others have said, if you go into the app, or the website, you should be able to book the theme park reservations from the hotel reservation summary page, if you are within the period of time that it is valid to make reservations (typically 120 days out).

My sister has a package she bought through Costco and was able to make her park reservations at the 120 day mark, so it is worth trying when you are 120 days out. Keep in mind that it is 120 for every day - it isn't like WDW where only the first day matters.

We have reservation June 5-10. On the reservation it says documents can be downloaded around June 1. Not sure on date I did talk to Disney and dining reservations are 60 days out but with a rolling calendar. In other words if we want a dining reservation June 7 we make 60 days from that date in advance.
Hope this makes sense.
I wish they would mail docs like before.
when you download docs your bar code or whatever will be on the Jeanie or whatever to get into park

Yeah, I understand the confusion. I have just a room reservation only at Disneyland Hotel, August 1 -3. It shows up in the app. It tells me it's time to make my ticket reservations. But you need tickets to make reservations, which I haven't purchased yet. So I go to purchase tickets, in the app. Choose my 3 day park hoppers, but won't let me buy yet, calender doesn't show Aug 1st yet. So... waiting a few days.

I am at a good neighbor hotel package, I do not know if Disneyland does the ADR +10 rule that WDW does for dining?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter