Bad happening at the Fort

Conan the Librarian

Been Visting the Mouse since 1972
We just got back from our "Fun Home" to our "Regular Home", having stayed a week at the Fort.

Our first day was very nice, we got our tent set up in the 2000 loop just through the woods from the bus stop and the comfort station. The weather was damp, but, not raining. Went over to DHS and was quite surprised at how full the park was. The Osborne lights were packed, so much so that it was almost impossible to enjoy them.

Second day we went to AK and it was much nicer. No crowds at all, got to do and see everything we wanted to see. Weather was perfect. We cut out about 3:30 because we had a 6:30 Hoop-De-Doo and wanted to have plenty of time to get back to the tent and get ready.

Then the trouble hit.

When we got back to the tent, there was a nice note from the facilities folks at FtW telling us that we were going to have to pack up and move. They had to dig up our pad. Would normally have not been a problem, but, for our dinner ressie.

So, I started breaking things down, and Mrs Conan made a phone call to the facilities folks. They wanted to put us over in the 1500 loop, which may be nice, but, the Mrs wasn't happy and doesn't hesitate to express her unhappiness. But, short of sending someone over to move us, they really couldn't help out...Until.

Someone (either the Mrs or the person on the other side) suggested a Cabin. They said "sure"! She said "That would work"! So we got upgraded to a cabin in the 2200 loop. Took about 30 seconds to re-do our keys to the cabin, and, we packed up and drove around the corner.

I was so looking forward to staying in the tent, being cold, having to march through the woods to the restroom, things like that. They made me stay in a heated building with bath facilities, TV, a real bed, and fast internet. But, I toughed it out and managed to enjoy the rest of the week. :lmao:

Things were pretty quiet otherwise. Went to MK on Wednesday and it was packed solid. Did our best to have fun with the crowds. Thursday was much more calm and more fun. Went to MVMCP that evening and had a blast! Even managed to get photos with Phineas and Ferb right at Midnight.

Soon as I can, I'll put up some photos of the Cabin.

We just got back from our "Fun Home" to our "Regular Home", having stayed a week at the Fort.

Our first day was very nice, we got our tent set up in the 2000 loop just through the woods from the bus stop and the comfort station. The weather was damp, but, not raining. Went over to DHS and was quite surprised at how full the park was. The Osborne lights were packed, so much so that it was almost impossible to enjoy them.

Second day we went to AK and it was much nicer. No crowds at all, got to do and see everything we wanted to see. Weather was perfect. We cut out about 3:30 because we had a 6:30 Hoop-De-Doo and wanted to have plenty of time to get back to the tent and get ready.

Then the trouble hit.

When we got back to the tent, there was a nice note from the facilities folks at FtW telling us that we were going to have to pack up and move. They had to dig up our pad. Would normally have not been a problem, but, for our dinner ressie.

So, I started breaking things down, and Mrs Conan made a phone call to the facilities folks. They wanted to put us over in the 1500 loop, which may be nice, but, the Mrs wasn't happy and doesn't hesitate to express her unhappiness. But, short of sending someone over to move us, they really couldn't help out...Until.

Someone (either the Mrs or the person on the other side) suggested a Cabin. They said "sure"! She said "That would work"! So we got upgraded to a cabin in the 2200 loop. Took about 30 seconds to re-do our keys to the cabin, and, we packed up and drove around the corner.

I was so looking forward to staying in the tent, being cold, having to march through the woods to the restroom, things like that. They made me stay in a heated building with bath facilities, TV, a real bed, and fast internet. But, I toughed it out and managed to enjoy the rest of the week. :lmao:

Things were pretty quiet otherwise. Went to MK on Wednesday and it was packed solid. Did our best to have fun with the crowds. Thursday was much more calm and more fun. Went to MVMCP that evening and had a blast! Even managed to get photos with Phineas and Ferb right at Midnight.

Soon as I can, I'll put up some photos of the Cabin.

I'm glad you suffered so valiantly and things worked out. Great post! :thumbsup2

Wow,,it sure would'a sucked to be you. I hate when they force a better plan on ya after you've planned to have a mediocre good time.
Oh well, glad ya suffered thru it, better luck next time.

"Wow,,it sure would'a sucked to be you. I hate when they force a better plan on ya after you've planned to have a mediocre good time."

That has got to be the best description of our trip I have seen or heard.

Thank You Thank You!

So sorry that you couldn't enjoy the cold weather in your tent but you sound like a trooper and was able to have fun any ways... I'm so happy for you and your wife, as I love the cabins... Merry Christmas!

:thumbsup2

Glad to hear they did the right thing. It's a hassle to tare down and set up.

haha sounds like you had a terribly great time. Every find out what they were digging for? you could have been sleeping on a gold mine mate!

Dang, I would have at least walked to and used the Comfort Station to make it feel like CAMPING!

Better luck next time. :)

McFlurry John

Conan,

I have to admit, you had me going there for a minute. I saw the title of your thread and thought, "oh no".

Hey, if I got bumped up to a cabin I wouldn't complain. :goodvibes

You just got to figure out how to do something similar on your next trip. :lmao:

Bama ed

You're a smarter group than I. I would've taken it as a challenge to see how fast I can tear down and re-set up.....never suggesting a cabin! Can't wait for your pictures.

You hit the jackpot, I first thought they should put them in a cabin and refund that nite but to get an entire week wow. Fl resident price this time of yr is 405. Nite, 500+ non resident.

Seems like a terrible time of year to be booting people from their campsites, as it's the highest occupancy weeks here coming up... and we are checking in next week, very much want to tent camp, and would hate to be told to move (or told our site is no longer available). So I am guessing they are having a big utility problem to disrupt campsites right now.

Out of curiousity, if the OP happens to return to this thread.... how many 2000 loop sites did they tear up, and are they fixed again yet?

And what about that poor lonely tent? Huh?!

Bet you just abandoned the poor thing in the car...didn't you?!

WELL?!

Bet you feel pretty good about yourself now don't ya?

Poor thing was probably looking forward to keeping you cold all week and you just up and abandoned it...

Sent from my Desire HD using DISBoards

My understanding was a water problem with a broken pipe. I guess you were the spot they needed to do the repair.

We were lucky a few years ago to get upgraded to Boardwalk from ASMO. It was awesome that Disney to treated you right. Enjoy roughing it.

Looks like you were our neighbor in the 2200 loop. We were in the cabin across from where all a he cop cars and medical examiner were. We had a great time in the cabin and would do it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter