• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bad & Good Service/Food at WDW Restaurants

I too was upset at the wait with the PS times. I (of course with the help of all of the people on this board) mad my PS and planned (probably to the 9's!!!) for this vacation. Those in my party, seemed quite a bit miffed with the waits and questioned why we had to wait when I made these "so called reservations". Just like Desi asked Lucy...I had a lot of splaining to do!!! :rolleyes1

My family just came back. I would have to say the worst service we recieved was at Ohanas!!!! I complained and they had us come back the next day for a free meal and I think the servers must have been related. Everyone had their food but us. Two times and they failed on both! The food was good though. Also I was very dissapointed in The Crystal Palace. The hostess was rude and the place was dirty! Disney's food is not the greatest.

Anyone else have long wait times and how long did it take you to eat and get out of there at Le Cellier, 50's, Chef Mickey's or Garden Grill?

Laugh O. Grams said:
Our least favs are Seven Dragons in the China Pavillion at Epcot and Concourse Steakhouse. Seven Dragons: Not horrible, but not unlike anything you'd get at a takeout place at home.

Uh oh. You must have REALLY disliked this place since you subtracted a couple of dragons! ;) We had a great meal at Nine Dragons, but that was just us. :)

BESUNNYSIDEUP said:
I have already book mine for end of July . I am starting to think I made a few bad choices.
Anyone know if Sci-Fi or Garden Grill Dinner is any good? I have heard bad reviews on both and DO NOT want to waste my dinner plan on a bad meal. :wave:

Our little boy will be with us and I want the food to be good but also for the place to have a high "Neat" or "wow" factor.

HELP!

Your little boy should really enjoy Sci Fi. I have never seen anything but mesmerized kids in there, its always quiet because they are all watching the screen. My advice is go at lunch, the burgers, onion rings/fries and shakes get the best reviews and the dinner menu is different. I have heard however of people ordering off the lunch menu at dinner if they ask. It is a fun place and we have always enjoyed our burgers and reubens there. Our kids would never let us skip it. I hope you have a good experience too!

We just got back and had wonderful meals! We ate at Rose and Crown, Le Cellier (twice), Biergarten, Mama Melrose's, Crystal Palace, ESPN, Big River Grille, Dolphin Fountain and Fresh. We had terrific waitresses at Le Cellier and Rose and Crown - we feel like we made a new friend by the time we left. They were interested in where we were from and were very generous with information about where they were from, yet we completed the meal within an hour to an hour and a half. The Biergarten waitress wasn't as talkative which was unfortunate. Also, we were always seated promptly with our PS's, and actually showed up early a few times and seated early. The most disappointing service was at the Dolphin Fountain - and it was the same way last year. They didn't acknowledge us for a long time, then it was a while before they took the order and quite a while for the order to come out. And there weren't that many customers in there! The food was good, but in the 3 times we have eaten there, the service has always been the same. If your son is into sports, he might enjoy ESPN.

I agree with LeCellier, one of the best restaurants hands down on property. If you have not made your dining reservations yet for your trip, you would be well advised to do so as soon as possible. From everything I have been reading, this 50th anniversary celebration is going to attract a LOT of visitors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter