Bad experience with Laughing Place.com

kristenandrick

Mouseketeer
Hello all. I was wondering if anyone else has had a bad experience with this site. I placed an order three weeks ago. I was told that it was supposed to ship on July 7th. After two weeks I finally contact them wondering where my package is. After 2 days I get a response that they have not shipped it at all:scared1:!!!! They say we are sorry, we will send it out next week. To say I am furious is putting it mildly LOL. I thought I would post this since if I had planned on buying items for an upcoming trip that I really needed, I would not have received them in time. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who may be considering ordering autograph books or hats pre trip. Consider your self forewarned :sad2:. This will by one and only order from this site.

We had a tough time with an order we place last summer with them. Two weeks went by, we email them and they sent half the order. After about a week, we emailed again and they apologized and sent the other half.... It was really frustrating. If they had sent the emails first to let me know of the delay, maybe it wouldn't have been such a bad experience.

There was a thread awhile ago on them, and yes, bad experiences all around. I had a horrible time with them also and just won't use them again. Frankly, from what I understand, they are really a shopping service..they go out to the parks, buy stuff, mark it WAY up and then ship to you. I'd think you could call Disney merchandising and get the same stuff at a better price.

I wish I had seen the previous thread :sad2:. I had remember hearing about them and thought I could get a couple of things I hadn't picked up on my last trip. I wonder if it would be a bigger nightmare to just cancel the order :confused3.

this is great to read. I placed an order last Wednesday and the email said it was to ship yesterday and that I would receive an additional email when it did- well guess what: no email as of yet. I sent them one today asking about it and so far, no response:(:(:(

Same thing happened to me, I never received an email of my order being shipped, I finally called after several weeks and was told "I am sorry, it hasn't been mailed yet, its all my fault (cant remember who it was) but I did finally receive it. There were a couple of things in there in WDW bags and a note saying that they had gone to a particular park to get the items. Not real sure I will use them again to be honest with you.

Honestly I don't remember ever a good thread about them and am sort of surprised they are still operating. It's been years (I would say at least 5) since I placed an order...I placed it in October for a Christmas present and I don't believe I ever got it - ended up cancelling it mid December.

Liz

I will NEVER place an order with this company again. I had a terrible experience with them over a year ago. My order was supposed to be sent within a week...three weeks later I e-mailed to check on the status of my order. They were going to get the items the next day and send out. A week later, I sent another e-mail. Long story short, I finally recieved my order. No explaination for the delay in getting my order to me, but they sure did hit my credit card on the day I ordered. It took almost 2 months from date of order to receipt. I suspected some cash-flow problems and vowed NEVER to order from them again. My only recommendations would be to e-mail them regularly to stay on top of your order and then once you recieve your order, lose their e-mail addy. Good luck!!

Welcome to the club. I had a terrible experience too and will never order from them again. It's one thing to mess up, but not to make it right is a deal breaker. And they didn't even seem to care either.

Wow, I thought I was the only one who's had issues with laughing place.... I bought my wedding cake topper through them. I emailed them a week after they were supposed to ship it, apparently they were "still looking for my topper". :confused3. I emailed them every other day wanting to know if they had "found" my topper and every time it was brush off answers, my wedding was in a week an a half at this point and they still couldn't even FIND the topper I had already paid for four weeks ago. I was livid. I found one on another site, paid the rush shipping and canceled the order with Laughing Place. Went on with my life, and about three weeks after the wedding DH asked if we had ever gotten our money back ... NOPE. Took another 2 weeks for them to refund my money. I will NEVER use them again.Luckily it all worked out, paid more for the one I actually received but at least I got it.

I had a similar horrible experience with them a little over a year ago. I ordered something from a small company in California and them on the same day, both with normal shipping. The package from California got here (VA) in about a week and a half, the other package entirely too long. All I ordered was the Minnie bridal headband. It wasn't like I had placed a huge order.

Lets just say a) I won't be doing business with them again and b) there were quite a few heated emails. It took over a month to get my package (if I remember correctly; it was for sure over 3 weeks). When they did finally get around to sending me the tracking info they gave me the wrong info. The response time on emails was terrible. I almost scribbled return to sender on the package when it finally did get here because I was so irate at that point with their business, but I figured it would take even longer to get my money back. It was terrible. I'll never, ever, ever give them my business again.

I am another unhappy customer. My order never shipped and I didn't get updates about the order.

I'm glad to be reading with thread. I thought about using them many times and never did, ended up going to Disneyshopping instead. After reading this I'll never use them now. Thanks fellow Disfriends for reporting about your bad experience with this company.

Oh,my! I can't believe these people are still running this website! I had only heard of them in passing in a different thread and didn't realize they had such a bad reputation. Since they have already charged my card, but I haven't received the items, can I call the credit card company to request it be refunded? I would really just like to cancel my order at this time but I am afraid of being out of my $100! Thanks for all the good responses to a bad situation.

Oh,my! I can't believe these people are still running this website! I had only heard of them in passing in a different thread and didn't realize they had such a bad reputation. Since they have already charged my card, but I haven't received the items, can I call the credit card company to request it be refunded? I would really just like to cancel my order at this time but I am afraid of being out of my $100! Thanks for all the good responses to a bad situation.

Yes, contact your cc company ASAP and let them know the situation, they will refund your money but you only have a certain number of days to file so don't hesitate!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter