Bad end to a vacation at All Star Sports (long)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have been given a lot of advise. I would recommend that you not over react. Obviously a mistake has been made and you need to address it as such. If a Disney CM, no matter what level doesn't correct your problem, thank them for their time, take some notes and move your complaint on to the next level. In your case, file a claim with the CC company. I would then call Guest Relations, the Main Operator, or any CM and ask to be transfered to Security Control. If you are calling from inside the property, dial 911 on any house phone. Tell them that you have a possible fraud problem at xx resort. They will transfer you to the Resort Fraud Investigation Team. They will take a report and investigate the matter. They will keep you in the loop. They are very Guest focused. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Im really sorry you had such an awful thing happen on your trip.

Once they have your credit card info they can charge anything on it,

My mom had called and asked to extend our stay one morning and told the cm she would come down to pay, she didnt want to use her credit card.

Well when my mom went down to pay they informed her that they already charged her card on file. We didnt have charging on our room keys either.

My mom was mad and the manager pointed out that when you sign the paper when you check in(not express checkout just the normal paper you have to sign) , you allow them to charge anything to the card you used to check in with.

I hope you get your money back, :hug:
After reading most of these posts am I right that the credit cards you all are providing at check-in are because your rooms weren't paid in-full, say thru a travel agent, before your arrival?

I think I'm starting to read too much into all this because it is making me paranoid about my own trip. Since I already paid in-full for my package thru my travel agent I can assume I will only be asked for a credit card on check-in if I want charging priviledges on my "key to the world" card?

I already decided after reading others posts before this that I would not be doing charging priviledges but instead would use the CC by itself or buy disney dollars when I get there. I've been on the DCL and used my CC in Hawaii and never felt this unnerved after reading someone elses experience and I probably spent a whole lot more in those places than I plan to on this trip.

After reading most of these posts am I right that the credit cards you all are providing at check-in are because your rooms weren't paid in-full, say thru a travel agent, before your arrival?

I think I'm starting to read too much into all this because it is making me paranoid about my own trip. Since I already paid in-full for my package thru my travel agent I can assume I will only be asked for a credit card on check-in if I want charging priviledges on my "key to the world" card?

I already decided after reading others posts before this that I would not be doing charging priviledges but instead would use the CC by itself or buy disney dollars when I get there. I've been on the DCL and used my CC in Hawaii and never felt this unnerved after reading someone elses experience and I probably spent a whole lot more in those places than I plan to on this trip.

Even if you have a paid in full package and have no charging privledges on your room key, they will still require a credt card at check-in as mosts hotels do. At the minimum, they require it as protection if the guest damages the room beyond normal wear and tear. Then there is the the mini-bar, room service and internet charges that arise out of the use of the room. They need some way to ensure they will get paid if a guest uses these services. I'm sure there are other things that I am not thinking of as well.

Since I already paid in-full for my package thru my travel agent I can assume I will only be asked for a credit card on check-in if I want charging priviledges on my "key to the world" card?

That is correct - you don't have to have charging privileges nor give a CC.

you dont have to put down a cc either
you can put down gift cards
travelers checks
cash

I would do any of those before my CC

I never give a CC, because I don't really buy anything. I tend to pay cash for food, and I use the CC itself if I really need to.

We stayed at ASSports for three nights over Memorial Day weekend last month. It was a room-only ressie so my CC was only charged for the one night ( I had booked online through the WDW site). I paid cash for the other two nights upon check-in at the resort. I never received a receipt either. Sounds like unless you ask for a cash receipt ( which I should have done) you won't get it. We also had no express check out envelope on our door the morning we left. I have always trusted Disney and would never have considered a scenario like the OP has gone through but it could easily happen. I've learned a lesson here- I should have asked for a receipt and should have made sure to verify any charges before I left the resort. Fortunately I wasn't charged also for the two nights but it could have happened and I'd also have no proof of the cash payment. Meanwhile I hope the OP gets the money back asap. $500 is a huge amount to have in limbo ( or to lose).---Kathy

We stayed at ASSports for three nights over Memorial Day weekend last month. It was a room-only ressie so my CC was only charged for the one night ( I had booked online through the WDW site). I paid cash for the other two nights upon check-in at the resort. I never received a receipt either. Sounds like unless you ask for a cash receipt ( which I should have done) you won't get it. We also had no express check out envelope on our door the morning we left. I have always trusted Disney and would never have considered a scenario like the OP has gone through but it could easily happen. I've learned a lesson here- I should have asked for a receipt and should have made sure to verify any charges before I left the resort. Fortunately I wasn't charged also for the two nights but it could have happened and I'd also have no proof of the cash payment. Meanwhile I hope the OP gets the money back asap. $500 is a huge amount to have in limbo ( or to lose).---Kathy

We were at All Star Movies over the same weekend, room only reservation as well and we didn't get a receipt on our door either. Now we use our room keys to charge everything so we really need a receipt. We went down to the front desk and the line was huge. DH (who is way way calmer and more polite than I) finds a manager and gets us a receipt. Without having to wait on line.

I wonder if they had computer issues. . .

I stayed at ASMo this past Dec/Jan and when asked if I wanted to provide a credit card for charging priveleges, I hesitated. The CM said "You don't have to, only if you want charging"... so I didn't. I had a paid in full before I got there package. So I really don't think they require it. Maybe at the nonvalues they do tho... my only experience is at ASMo

I stayed at ASMo this past Dec/Jan and when asked if I wanted to provide a credit card for charging priveleges, I hesitated. The CM said "You don't have to, only if you want charging"... so I didn't. I had a paid in full before I got there package. So I really don't think they require it. Maybe at the nonvalues they do tho... my only experience is at ASMo

Thanks for sharig this. I thought they required a credit card or some form of money security when checked in. The times we had a prepaid package, we were asked for our credit card at check-in. I didn't even think to challenge it, not that we would have as we always get charging privleges anyway. I check our balances at the front desk about every other day to make sure they match my records.

Since the OP paid cash for the tickets and the CM charged them to the CC is it possible that the CM pocketed the cash?

I can barely believe such a thing is possible but that is the only thing I can come up with.

The only problems we have ever had is consistently being charged for a phone call or so over what we used and that was not worth the hassle. One time they forgot to charge us for a meal and I contacted them and they told me to forget about it. That pays for a whole lot of phone calls.

I am so very sorry that happened to the OP, because it was at the Sports, our favorite resort AND because we are neighbors. Hoping it all comes out alright in the end. That is a whole lot of money. :sad2:

Slightly Goofy

Even if you have a paid in full package and have no charging privledges on your room key, they will still require a credt card at check-in as mosts hotels do. At the minimum, they require it as protection if the guest damages the room beyond normal wear and tear. Then there is the the mini-bar, room service and internet charges that arise out of the use of the room. They need some way to ensure they will get paid if a guest uses these services. I'm sure there are other things that I am not thinking of as well.

You don't need to leave a credit card at a Disney resort.

No mini-bars at Disney resorts, except in maybe a few rooms at the Grand Floridian?

Internet charges are not charged to room, they are paid for at the time of purchase via the internet provider.

Room service cannot be charged to your room unless you leave a credit card on file, they will ask for cash otherwise.

Your room key will say "Not valid for charging" if you don't leave a CC on file.

I did not read the whole thread, but wanted to just say that they can clear this all up with the security tapes. I did a Target return last month and wanted my cash back. I had paid with a debit. The guy just handed me a slip of paper and said oh sorry I credited your debit. Well, he did not. A week later I had no credit so I called Target. I had no receipt either or any proof of what had happened. I explained what happened and about what time of day it was and they said they would check the register log and security tapes and call me back. They called back and I got my $98 back. Something goofy like that happened at Macy's too with my mom where they had to look at the tape and she got her money back. Disney could resolve this very easily. They can track the transactions and have the tapes. It does not seem complicated. I would call and talk to the manager until it is resolved. Good luck!:)

would do the CC first
CC charge can be put in dispute
your money is not gone
the ways you listed
your money
is gone

with cash your right
but with TC and gift cards they have ways to track them
I always get nervous that if I use my CC it could get declined somewhere
that happened to me at the margarita stand before we have PLENTY of $
i called my bank and they said it never came thru to be declined so
and I was mortified

any correspondance you send through snail mail be sure and have it certified with a returned signed reciept. this is something that is admissable in the court system, if you don't it is your word against a corporation.

I agree with most everyone that this was a horrible and tragic event. I can't imagine having 500 bucks misplaced by Disney or taken whichever it may be. But that being said don't let this incident ruin your passion for Disney.

God Bless

Just some retail info. The "reciept" that was given as proof of purchase, should have a transacton number and possibly the date, the cashier id, and time. With this info, they (Disney accounting) should be able to look up additional info against the elcectronic journal about the purchase. (Most companies have electronic journals now instead of paper journals.) They should then be able to tell how the purchase was paid, by cash, credit card, check, Disney Dollars, gift cards, etc. Hope this helps.

I've been following this thread and it really makes aware that I need to pay attention to what happens with what I spend on our upcoming trip! Can most of you say that you have put your trip on a cc and NOT had any problems? I'm just trying to make sure I understand what it is that people do to cause these issues...seems to me it's the simple act of using a cc in the first place!!

I always use a cc for my room at Disney, because I book room only reservations and I want express check out. I haven't had any problems yet, but I don't use the room phone (I take my cell) and I pay for any room service with cash. I have an AP, so I'm not adding tickets to the key. I also don't set up the room keys for charging privileges. So it's easy when I get the printout to just make sure it's room nights and tax. I've never had a charge hit after I get home either. I wouldn't ever use my debit card for hotel room bills, because it takes so long to get money credited back if something does go wrong (some banks take up to 30 days to put a refund back in your account). Plus I like having the cc company behind me if I do need to dispute a charge.

I paid cash the first time we went to Disney many years ago, but it just wasn't worth standing in line on check out day to get my final bill.

We had a similar difficulty when we renewed our seasonal passes over the phone last month. When I asked for a confirmation number, the CRO employee said that they don't give confirmation numbers, but to just show our ID's at a Guest Relations window.

When we went to Guest Relations last week, the CM could not find any evidence that we had paid to renew our passes. He asked for a confirmation number (which the CRO office had declined to give me) and spent about 10 minutes searching the computer to find any evidence that we had paid. We're talking about $400 here, so we were not happy as the minutes ticked by and the CM kept staring at the computer screen and clicking the mouse. Finally, he announced "oh there it is!"

I'm not sure what I would have done had he not found the info. We could have disputed it later with our credit card company, but at that point and time we were in the middle of our vacation and wouid have had to either shell out more money for the tickets or not entered the parks. Thank goodness it worked out, but I can see that we could have easily been in the OP's shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter