• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bad dreams before the trip

Heidijs

DIS Veteran
This is hilarious...but I keep dreaming about our trip. I was there in 82 and don't remember any of it...so I've been watching some youtube and other stuff just to get an idea of where everything is but then I start dreaming about it. I go to bed after reading my "unofficial" guide. Last night I drempt we went and it was so corney. Everything was really cheap and it was like a carnival and the rides were really slow and broke all the time and we had to stand in lines with cheap wood hand rails and there was nothing Disney about any of it and my husband was like, ARE YOU SERIOUS??? You flew me down here for a week of THIS??? He's never been there and isn't a big Disney person...but not saying he's not either...but our DD4 is so he knows most of the characters and stuff. I hope I quit having these dreams!!! :laughing:

On a side note, I ordered our lanyards off e-bay last night! :cool1: I got the 2010 Disneyworld one, my DD4 picked out a goofy youth one and DH was like, get whatever for me, just no princesses. I'm like, they make Vikings ones! He's like, WHERE! I WANT ONE!!! :rotfl: Too bad they don't have Favre ones yet...

That's too funny! I have dreams like that sometimes before trips that I've done a lot of research on. I promise it'll be nothing like that at all. Well maybe part of it's a little cheesy according to my husband but I try to explain the difference between cheesy and magical.

Hope you have a great trip!

Our trip is coming up here in two weeks and I keep having dreams about it too. Last night I dreamed that we were too tired once we got there to do anything and I was really sad that we didn't get to go to Epcot. Then, I dreamed about the new space mountain and my 6 yr. old rode it for the first time and was terrified. When we got off of space mountain, the gift shop was really weird and they sold these light sabers with yoda's face on a pumpkin on the handle and I kept trying to talk my kids out of buying/wanting one because I knew they wouldn't be happy with Halloween stuff.

Yes, I do have very vivid and weird dreams.

I've dreamed about the trip every night for a while now. I am so looking forward to just getting there and being over this whole anticipation process.

I've had the dreams too. :) But how about waking up the morning you are leaving to go on vacation to the alarm/radio playing a song about dying!:scared1: Holy #$%^&! I didn't mention THAT little nugget to DH until a few days later. He didn't hear the alarm go off since he was already up. WHEW!

I've had the dreams too. :) But how about waking up the morning you are leaving to go on vacation to the alarm/radio playing a song about dying!:scared1: Holy #$%^&! I didn't mention THAT little nugget to DH until a few days later. He didn't hear the alarm go off since he was already up. WHEW!

Okay that's freaky!!!! I hate anticipation! Plus it's the first time DD4 has flown and I hate flying anyway...I always like to drive on vacations...then I have total control and yes, I'm a control freak...so dropping off my luggage and hopping on a plane has me paranoid! I hope our NWA pilots don't bring their laptops cus I'll probably have nightmares about that too! :upsidedow

Glad to know I'm not the only one having dreams about this too. I have had several dreams about things not going the way I want them to. I'm the planner in our family and I had a dream that every one in our family blamed me for everything that went wrong. The anticipation is killing me! I just wish it would hurry up and get here!!!!

Glad to know I'm not the only one having dreams about this too. I have had several dreams about things not going the way I want them to. I'm the planner in our family and I had a dream that every one in our family blamed me for everything that went wrong. The anticipation is killing me! I just wish it would hurry up and get here!!!!

THAT TOO! I want this to be sooo fun for DH. He's like, I'm just going for DD4 and cus you want to go...so I'm hoping he just loves it there! :wizard:

A couple of weeks ago I dreamed that we forgot to pick the in laws up at the airport. In my dream I remembered 4 hours after their flight landed and then got ticked because I had to leave the park. Maybe I should sign them up for ME.

I leave next week for my first trip and I've had a couple of dreams about it all going wrong too! One night I dreamt that I got lost trying to get to epcot and never could get there. Too funny! :lmao:

We leave Dec 4 and I have been having nightmares for about a month. I am a crazy planner and keep dreaming that we missed all of our ADR b/c we went to the wrong parks on the wrong days.:eek:

Before our trip in May I dreamed that we got trampled in the crowd crush on Main Street after Wishes. We didn't. ;)

My bad dreams usually revolve around forgetting our pins. Though my enthusiasm for trading has diminished greatly due to the
proliferation of cheapo pins and scrappers and fakes... So those dreams have dropped off significantly too.

I just had a bad dream about our upcoming January trip. My parents are staying next door to us at CR and are paying for our rooms. I dreamt that they backed out at the last minute and I was furious with my mother. Crazy!! I know they wouldnt miss this trip for the world with their grandkids.

My bad dreams usually revolve around forgetting our pins. Though my enthusiasm for trading has diminished greatly due to the
proliferation of cheapo pins and scrappers and fakes... So those dreams have dropped off significantly too.

That actually happened to me one trip. We were 2 hours away from home when we realized we left them on the bed in the spare bedroom. DH did not heed my pleas to turn around. He was sweet enough to take me to the outlet and buy me a tin of 20 pins.

HAHAHA I do that too!!!! Before every single trip we take anywhere... I dream about it.

If you really want a nightmare... watch my ToT video before bed.... :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Nightmares here too!!! I keep dreaming that we forget the strollers ... probably because I have bought over 15 different strollers (for 3 kids total) and finally bought the maclaren volos which I adore!! However, I hate the thought of getting to Disney without them :confused3

I, too, have visited frequently and I still dream that we get lost on buses and monorails and never do make it to the park and then our trip is over and it is time to go home :sad2: FREAKY!!!!

That's funny; I have very vivid dreams.

I always leave out of BWI. I dreamt I just kept driving around and around and around and couldn't find the airport. I drove around so long, I dreamt I had driven right to the World from DE....

I've had the forgot my tickets dream before a couple of trips.

It sure made me double check all my paperwork before we leave the house in GA. LOL

I've had a Disney dream/ nightmare as well! LOL

I've only been to the Magic Kingdom, never the other parks, so this will be my first time visiting DHS. I've purchased ALL the touring plans... Touringplans.com, tourguidemike and Ridemax. So anyway, in the early phases of my planning I was really really stressing myself out about the TSM rush and rope drop.

I had a dream that I was at DHS RD with my BFF, her daughter and my nieces. I left them to rush to TSM and ended up getting trampled in the crowd! I guess I wasn't hurt too badly because after everyone ran over me I got back up and kept right on walking to TSM. When I got there all the fast passes were gone so we had to wait in the standby line that was wrapped around the building. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter