Bad DCL experience... Do I need a new hobby?

Nobody could have that many problems on one vacation - :rolleyes:
Wonder how many letters she wrote to places about the great time she had on vacation, or is she just a complainer!!! :mad:
Wonder why she didn't post her comments here ;) , would like to know how soon her mail box would get filled if we had her e-mail address. :teeth:

i haven't had time to read any of the replies....nor even to read her entire tirade...
but i have one question...
since when are chocolate covered strawberries on a bill?..
we had chocolate covered strawberries and like everything else we ate on the ship, they were included in the price of the cruise...
so i'm a bit confused....is it something that she pre-ordered.?...like a gift basket?...
i can't imagine disney not removing that from the bill if that was the case..

disneyholic family, the strawberries are something they would have ordered from Disney's gift services to have waiting for them in their stateroom when they boarded.

ours were left for us by the concierge staff.....
and they definitely didn't have mold...
but we did have one problem with a charge...i don't recall what the problem was, but they took it off our bill immeditately...all i had to do was pick up the phone and call...and they were very sweet and very very very apologetic......
well i don't know about her cruise....the 4 of us thought at the time and continue to tell anyone willing to listen, that our 3 day wonder cruise was the BEST vacation we've ever had....and given our tendency to frequent only the best hotels and resorts in the most amazing places on earth, that's really saying quite a lot...
and we can't wait for next summer....4 days in a cat 1.....only about 330 days to go.....and counting....

anyway Dave ...don't give up your hobby...i love your website...and barb's....and this one...

During one cruise, the Vista Spa had to close the Rainforest - the credit for the day was on our bill since we had prepaid for the week.

That same cruise there was a horrible banging outside our verandah at 3AM - I called Guest Services since I had no idea what had happened. I explained that it was just a safety concern of mine since the lifeboats were on my immediate left - Not only did the person answering the phone apologise for the noise, but the next day the Manager called me and left an apology AND that evening there was a lovely plate of petit fours with a note AGAIN apologising for the noise. There was no need for either the first or second apology and the petit fours were just more than was expected.

During this last cruise, the internet cafe had experienced a server problem - no internet for a period of time - and again, the credit was given to those who had prepaid and were inconvenienced.

I am sure that other cruisers have had experiences with similiar endings. The squeaky wheel may get the grease, but courtesy goes a long way when you deal with the Mouse!

Rae

J.P - Wow! Fellow New Yorker - been to The Big Skinny and had a great summer there with friends during my youth! Always wanted to move back but fate took us West......go figure!!!!!

Welcome!

Rae

I was over at the Disney World discussion boards (going in Oct.) & thought I would check out the cruise board. Went on the Magic last Oct. & the info Dave gave was wonderful, perfect, extraordinary, helpful, prompt... get the picture.

Thank you Dave for helping me learn how to have a great Disney vacation.

Beth

The squeaky wheel may get the grease, but courtesy goes a long way when you deal with the Mouse!

Not just with the Mouse. Whatever energy you send out into the world, that is what will eventually come back to you!

Thanks for that, Tiiiigergirl - you are ever so right!

Regards to the family!

Rae

Originally posted by rae519
J.P - Wow! Fellow New Yorker - been to The Big Skinny and had a great summer there with friends during my youth! Always wanted to move back but fate took us West......go figure!!!!!

Welcome!

Rae

Oh, Rae, I didn't know you were from THAT part of NY.... some of my coaches and one of my boss' are from that area.... infact, one coach went back up there two years ago to get married They're always saying how beautiful it is up there. They always make fun of me the way I pronounce the NY names... I always thought it was "Skinny Atlas", sorry....

It is Skinny Atlas!!!!!!

Well, at least to those of us with a sense of humor! Hey, if you can't laugh at the name then what the heck....

my home town is Coxsackie - now you can hear the variations on that one, I am sure! There is not one I haven't heard in my years of being a teen in that town!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter