• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bad Day At The Poly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear that everything was sorted out for you! With that said...

Unfortunately as stated by PP when you call the "Front Desk" it goes to a Resort Call Center, the Call Center CMs are trained to pose as if they are on-site at the property but they are not, however, if you ask to speak with a manager they will normally transfer to the Manager on Duty at the actual resort.. The best course of action when you have a major problem is to go down to the Front Desk in-person so that the actual on-site CMs and Manager on Duty can help you and avoid wasted time jumping through hoops and call centers..

In regards to what the first CM said to you about booking through "Expedia"... well.. as a former WDW Resort CM I hate to be the bearer of bad news but internally these kind of reservations (booked via OTAs) are typically given the least priority as they were booked and pre-paid through a third party and not directly with Disney.. Obviously this is something that a CM should NEVER say to a guest as it is obviously rude and unprofessional, but from an internal-standpoint within WDW resort operations this is the reality, OTA bookings tend to get the worst room assignments... This is one of the deep down reasons why I always recommend that DISers always book directly via Disney..

....i normally ignore these types of posts...but i was @ "work" & shared the op first
postings with my staff. ( an acute psych unit).

...sure wish there was a warning about "what" you posting pictures. nasty & gross .
i felt that over the top....& it was evident why anyone would take pictures , was
what you was seeking. the 2 things go together.

i worked in an intensive care unit for over 10years , and your pictures looked staged
too me. liked one observed, it seem liked the door handle was the target...instead
of being "all over the place"...& again the "protein spill"...does not resemble typical
types of vomit i ever seen..,made me wonder what the housekeeper reported afterwards.

however, i "don't know" you---your backgrounds might have some clues, &
therefore, the "jury" for most-- will always "be out". but i am curious, why shared
this here?

over the years, we have had things go wrong, especially guests getting sick on
disney cruises....never made the connection that disney fault. sorta liked
blaming them for the weather.

these are just my opinions made from the facts you presented. i don't
think the cms' perceptions you listed- meant to give you a "hard time"
or was trying to be disrespectful. instead i think they were expressing
some weariness toward you taking "pictures & your followup". maybe
you came across as demanding when you was just tired?

again , the reason...i am posting..., came from my
co-workers. none of them are disney fans & seldom/if ever been to wdw.
....after i told them you also posted pictures, none would read/look @ this.so
i read what you claimed/& described the pictures....they all responded
the same way--immediately....& compared your postings to what they know
about.

....i normally ignore these types of posts...but i was @ "work" & shared the op first
postings with my staff. ( an acute psych unit).

...sure wish there was a warning about "what" you posting pictures. nasty & gross .
i felt that over the top....& it was evident why anyone would take pictures , was
what you was seeking. the 2 things go together.

i worked in an intensive care unit for over 10years , and your pictures looked staged
too me. liked one observed, it seem liked the door handle was the target...instead
of being "all over the place"...& again the "protein spill"...does not resemble typical
types of vomit i ever seen..,made me wonder what the housekeeper reported afterwards.

however, i "don't know" you---your backgrounds might have some clues, &
therefore, the "jury" for most-- will always "be out". but i am curious, why shared
this here?

over the years, we have had things go wrong, especially guests getting sick on
disney cruises....never made the connection that disney fault. sorta liked
blaming them for the weather.

these are just my opinions made from the facts you presented. i don't
think the cms' perceptions you listed- meant to give you a "hard time"
or was tr

Such an odd post.

OP I hope that the rest of your trip is better.

Glad to hear that everything was sorted out for you! With that said...

Unfortunately as stated by PP when you call the "Front Desk" it goes to a Resort Call Center, the Call Center CMs are trained to pose as if they are on-site at the property but they are not, however, if you ask to speak with a manager they will normally transfer to the Manager on Duty at the actual resort.. The best course of action when you have a major problem is to go down to the Front Desk in-person so that the actual on-site CMs and Manager on Duty can help you and avoid wasted time jumping through hoops and call centers..

In regards to what the first CM said to you about booking through "Expedia"... well.. as a former WDW Resort CM I hate to be the bearer of bad news but internally these kind of reservations (booked via OTAs) are typically given the least priority as they were booked and pre-paid through a third party and not directly with Disney.. Obviously this is something that a CM should NEVER say to a guest as it is obviously rude and unprofessional, but from an internal-standpoint within WDW resort operations this is the reality, OTA bookings tend to get the worst room assignments... This is one of the deep down reasons why I always recommend that DISers always book directly via Disney..

Now I'm really worried. We have stayed at Disney annually for quite some time and for the first time EVER I booked with a TA because they had such a good deal. If the room assignment is really bad and I ask to be moved will they turn me away? I knew I should have stuck with my gut and just booked directly.

Now I'm really worried. We have stayed at Disney annually for quite some time and for the first time EVER I booked with a TA because they had such a good deal. If the room assignment is really bad and I ask to be moved will they turn me away? I knew I should have stuck with my gut and just booked directly.

As long as they give you a room with the view you paid for, that's all they're required to do with any reservation. And no matter who you booked with, they are required to do that. You may not get the "best" room, I have no idea or experience with that, but you have to be given the type of room you booked. Will you get close to the elevators or any other particular requests? I don't know- but I'm going to bet we hear from a lot of people who booked via a 3rd party that got exactly what they asked for.

And the OP in this case, even though booking thru a 3rd party and apparently getting exactly what she paid for, was given the option of changing rooms.

Personally, I don't let anyone handle my reservations. If there's an issue the only 2 I want involved in the discussion is me and Disney. That said, I wouldn't worry a lot about it either.

As long as they give you a room with the view you paid for, that's all they're required to do with any reservation. And no matter who you booked with, they are required to do that. You may not get the "best" room, I have no idea or experience with that, but you have to be given the type of room you booked. Will you get close to the elevators or any other particular requests? I don't know- but I'm going to bet we hear from a lot of people who booked via a 3rd party that got exactly what they asked for.

And the OP in this case, even though booking thru a 3rd party and apparently getting exactly what she paid for, was given the option of changing rooms.

Personally, I don't let anyone handle my reservations. If there's an issue the only 2 I want involved in the discussion is me and Disney. That said, I wouldn't worry a lot about it either.
Thank you. I think next time I will stick to making my own reservations. It was very difficult giving someone else control over our plans. Don't think I'll do it again. We are staying club level and hopefully the CM's there will be very helpful if needed.

What happen to the op with the vomit is disgusting and no one should have to go deal with that. I'm happy that Disney did compensate her but now for the cherrypicker being outside of the room......they are doing construction and this will happen. Unless your living under a rock Disney notifies you of the resorts that are under construction so if its going to be an issue you can pick another resort......

Thank you. I think next time I will stick to making my own reservations. It was very difficult giving someone else control over our plans. Don't think I'll do it again. We are staying club level and hopefully the CM's there will be very helpful if needed.

As I said, if it were me, I wouldn't worry. Especially at club level, I don't think you'll have an issue. If this were a common problem, we'd be reading about it here and I honestly don't think I've ever heard this complaint before.

As long as they give you a room with the view you paid for, that's all they're required to do with any reservation. And no matter who you booked with, they are required to do that.
Not necessarily. The only thing they have to provide you is a room. Several DISers - and if it's happened in this relatively small pool, it occurs more frequently in the general public - have been downgraded without their agreement or approval. Credit isn't necessarily offered; one poster indicated the CM seemed surprised that it was expected

Not necessarily. The only thing they have to provide you is a room. Several DISers - and if it's happened in this relatively small pool, it occurs more frequently in the general public - have been downgraded without their agreement or approval. Credit isn't necessarily offered; one poster indicated the CM seemed surprised that it was expected

Someone may have said that, but if I pay for a water view room and they put me in a parking lot view, they have to refund the difference. I agree that you are not absolutely guaranteed anything but a room and as I understand it, not even the actual resort you booked, but they must give you the same value of room or refund the difference. I don't pay for the Poly and get sent to the ALL Stars.

Agreed I should have added the caveat "without compensation or credit". But I simply do not believe you will get downgraded and be charged for the higher grade you booked.

Someone may have said that, but if I pay for a water view room and they put me in a parking lot view, they have to refund the difference. I agree that you are not absolutely guaranteed anything but a room and as I understand it, not even the actual resort you booked, but they must give you the same value of room or refund the difference. I don't pay for the Poly and get sent to the ALL Stars.

Agreed I should have added the caveat "without compensation or credit". But I simply do not believe you will get downgraded and be charged for the higher grade you booked.

I have been. In fact I wasn't given the difference back between the room I had paid for and the room they downgraded me to until I returned home and sent off an e-mail. Well the second time it happened, that is. I have been downgraded twice.

Regardless. It would just be silly to accept this. Who would just say, that's okay. I paid for club level, but I will just accept a standard room. :confused3

At WDW? Just curious since my colleagues and I travel extensively for work (not WDW) and this has never happened nor would it ever be an acceptable practice.

Not sure why this would be considered acceptable anywhere.

I have been. In fact I wasn't given the difference back between the room I had paid for and the room they downgraded me to until I returned home and sent off an e-mail. Well the second time it happened, that is. I have been downgraded twice.

At WDW? Just curious since my colleagues and I travel extensively for work (not WDW) and this has never happened nor would it ever be an acceptable practice.

Yes at WDW.

Regardless. It would just be silly to accept this. Who would just say, that's okay. I paid for club level, but I will just accept a standard room. :confused3

Never said it's acceptable or should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter