Bad baby diaper rash Page 4 Update (better already)

Update -
Took DS to doctor..his rash has cleared up alot since last night after I bought the buttpaste.. She said it doesn't look too bad, but it may or may not be a yeast infection so wrote down nystatin (sp) to use..
And..otherwise, she swears by vaseline. Says its great for his butt, as well as his exzema.

Thanks for the buttpaste recommendation!!

That is great that the Boudreaux's buttpaste helped:thumbsup2We swear by it - even though my kids are grown I still keep a jar of Boudreau'x around for all of us - it heals everything included the dreaded chafed thighs in the hot humid south:thumbsup2

lol..my doctor told me that its not real common for boys to get them....but they do get them...

Our pedi said boys and grown men get them all the time..grown men just call it "jock itch". But it's essentially a yeast infection.

Glad to hear it is looking better.

When DD was a baby 15 years ago, she had horrible rashes while still in the hospital (NICU) and they gave us a cream to apply called Aquaphor in a small tube. Once she came home we used regular stuff after it had run out and nothing seemed to work like it did, we ended up finally finding some, but instead of a tube it was now in a small tub shaped container. Best money we ever spent!

I always used vaseline on healthy skin to keep it dry but when it's already bad, fresh air is the best.

Update -
Took DS to doctor..his rash has cleared up alot since last night after I bought the buttpaste.. She said it doesn't look too bad, but it may or may not be a yeast infection so wrote down nystatin (sp) to use..
And..otherwise, she swears by vaseline. Says its great for his butt, as well as his exzema.

Thanks for the buttpaste recommendation!!

Glad the rash is clearing up!!!! Our pedi also swears by vaseline. She told us to use only that unless DD showed signs of a rash. Then we use Aveeno diaper cream during the day and Desitin only at night (it's so thick that wiping it off many times during the day can cause more irritation). It's worked really well so far - DD is 15 months old and only had a bad diaper rash once, during a stomach bug.

Glad the rash is clearing up!!!! Our pedi also swears by vaseline. She told us to use only that unless DD showed signs of a rash. Then we use Aveeno diaper cream during the day and Desitin only at night (it's so thick that wiping it off many times during the day can cause more irritation). It's worked really well so far - DD is 15 months old and only had a bad diaper rash once, during a stomach bug.

When is your DD bday? My DS bday is Feb 21 :)

I haven't tried the Aveno diaper cream, but I do use the lotion for baby exzema.

Oh..was going to mention too..the doctor said to use white dove soap as opposed to baby soap, as that can iritate as well... also Keri lotion she mentioned.... Just fyi for those wondering :)

When is your DD bday? My DS bday is Feb 21 :)

I haven't tried the Aveno diaper cream, but I do use the lotion for baby exzema.

Oh..was going to mention too..the doctor said to use white dove soap as opposed to baby soap, as that can iritate as well... also Keri lotion she mentioned.... Just fyi for those wondering :)

Pedi suggested the Aveeno diaper cream - there are times when DD has a rash and after just one round of the Aveeno cream, the rash clears up. We also use the Aveeno lotion for DD's ezcema but it got to where it wasn't helping much so we tried some Aquaphor and it's helped quite a bit. They sell it in a a medium-sized tube and small travel tubes so it's easy to try it out without buying that huge tub it usually comes in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter