Backstage Magic

Lorraine

Mouseketeer
Hi,

I am interested in feedback from anyone that has recently been on the above trip. We are tying it in with a cruise out of Port Canaveral. I am trying to work out which flight to book from LAX to MCO. I think the last night is the farewell dinner and then World Of Colour. I am wondering what time this draws to a close and people disperse. The final morning is a repeat of the previous breakfast at Storyteller Cafe, is this at a set time as a group (if so what time)?

Reading through trip reports it seems to be that the groups really bond, and if we decided to leave either 1 o'clock in the morning after the farewell evening, or 8/10am on the final morning would we feel torn and feel we have missed out on goodbyes.

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Lorraine

We did the trip last October. It was our 30th anniversary and we tied it in with a trip to Disney World and a cruise on the Dream. We took the red eye from LA and arrived in Orlando around 11:00 AM. The folks we bonded with, met for a drink at the Grand California before we left. We are still in touch with most of them and in fact a couple of us are doing the San Francisco trip next October.

Thanks for the response - do you mean you left after the farewell dinner? The red eye is what i am considering at the end of day 5.

Did ABD still provide transport to the airport or did you make you own arrangements?

Thanks again

Lorraine

WE left after the farewell dinner and World of Color. We left around 11:00 PM. ABD did provide the transportation to LAX.

We did the trip last June. After World of Color it's pretty late, many people in our group went back to the room. We stayed in the parks.

The next day wife and I got up early to take advantage of Early enter in DCA - rode RSR 3 times in 30 minutes single rider! - so we were late for breakfast. The breakfast isn't really a big part of the trip, just another chance to say goodbye. We actually stayed around for another day, so we actually kept hanging out with the people from the trip. (We also are still in touch with many, and get together with some at WDW. There's some tentative plans for a "reunion" come December 2016 as one of the folks from New Zealand is coming to WDW. It is surprising what friends you make!)

Keep in mind that BSM includes park admission for that last day (i.e. the day after the Farewell Dinner). We are going in December and will be flying back on a red-eye the night after.

Keep in mind that BSM includes park admission for that last day (i.e. the day after the Farewell Dinner). We are going in December and will be flying back on a red-eye the night after.

This is a good point. The trip is amazing and fantastic and wonderful, but you actually get very little opportunity to actually ride the attractions. (They give you Fastpasses each day that you barely have time to use.) Having that extra day after was great because of that.

Of course if you have to fly out early Friday anyways, that hardly matters.

Just noticed that World of Color will be closed early next year, do we already know what will be proposed instead?

The rumor is that Fantasmic may be a nightly show while World of Color is not being shown. However, until the the upcoming Fantasmic Fast Pass system starts, I don't think anyone will know if there will be any VIP spots. Have you tried calling ABD to see if they have any information?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter