Backseat comfort during road trip

molly2004

DIS Veteran
Hi, there, road trippers! I'm looking for some ideas. We are taking a road trip this summer from Boston to Williamsburg. The kids will be out of boosters and sitting in the second row of our Ford Flex, which has a bench seat. I'd like to get your ideas on some sort of comfort console that can go between them and strapped in so that they can lean on it to sleep during a boring car ride. When they were in their boosters, the high backs had wings they could rest against. Now that they're out of the boosters, I still want them to rest against something, but NOT the door.

I could probably put them in the third row in the back, but they'll be too close and might kill each other.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

The seating in the Flex is just wide and far enough from the door that if they lean toward the door, the seat belt would be positioned across their necks. It'll practically strangle them.

Eww, not good. The only thing I can think of that may help a little is those neck travel pillows. They can lean their heads on those a bit. Or could you maybe put a body pillow next to them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter