Backpacks

Always buy llbean...this year my 4th grade son could not find one he liked nervously I ordered High Sierra Big Boy backpacks for him and my 2nd grade son from ebags fir $24·99 each also ordered an llbean for my 1st grade so they all arrived the same day and I must say the High Sierra ones seem just as good quality as the love's at almost half the price!

Both my boys now have Grip backpacks by High Sierra. They love them. My DS12 had his tear away from the zipper at the end of the year and they are sending us a new one to replace it. Sounds good to me. I bought them at Target for $38.

I agree with LLBean. I buy those for my kids. They last forever! I just returned one to LLBean last week because the zipper had broken. It was only about 18 mos old and dd used it only a short time so the thing looked brand new. I didn't realize she wasn't using this one because of the zipper (I thought she was just using another that she liked better). When she told me it was a broken zipper I said lets mail it back.
They are sending a new replacement. I only paid $17 and change for the Deluxe Back Pack when I got it. LLBean runs great sales. Check the site often. I think I got my heads up from Disers:goodvibes
They stand behind their products and even if you pay a few more dollars up front, you wont be buying a new backpack every year. Just make a good decision on the print or color because it will last for years.

In college as a lowly geology major I used an ll bean rucksack. I carried it through mountains, deserts, and everywhere in between. It carried every thing from my power tools, rocks samples and fossils. It lasted me about ten years.

I got my boys' backpacks from the sale section of potterybarnkids.com! They are actually very well made!

My husband is crazy over Brenthaven, pretty sure that's a Pacific Northwest thing, but they do have a website!

LLBEAN!!!! my daughter has hers from 1st grade until 7th grade..she outgrew the color , pink LOL! so this year 8th grade she ordered another LLBean deluxe book Back Pack in blue...I hope it will last until she graduate from College..:thumbsup2

I got a jansport in 7th grade. I'm 35 now and still carry it to disney 3 times a year. My daughter says it won't die! Lol

I have to second the Jansport. I'm 32 and I carried mine all through college and beyond and it's still in awesome condition.

I got a jansport in 7th grade. I'm 35 now and still carry it to disney 3 times a year. My daughter says it won't die! Lol

Ha! I still have my jansport and I use it for disney too. I got it in either HS or early college -- not sure which -- but it has lasted all that time which included a few years of grad school.

LL Bean is always great, not cheap though! Lands End as well. I just posted on another thread about a good deal on a couple of last year's print backpacks at Lands End. They are only $15 plus you can use a coupon code. Very good deal and large $45 backpacks!. Check it out!

I just washed my kids backpacks and lunch bags to get ready for school again this year. Both are from LLbean. DD 11 is going to grade six and has had the same set since kindergarten; DS 8 is going to grade 3 and has had his since preschool. They are so awesome!

My son is going on his 5th year of his Land's End backpack.

It probably originally cost more than $50, but I got it on sale for $20ish. I got lucky, he loves green and since it's offbeat they put it on sale in August.

You could walk into Target and spend 30 bucks on a backpack that won't last you through the year.

But sometimes, it's SMART to spend MONEY upfront on QUALITY.

I agree. I bought my son his Land's End when he was entering preschool at age 3. He's now 8 and still using that same back pack. It is in excellent shape (and he's not easy on back packs)

Lands End is now running 40% off select packpacks and lunch boxes. Free shipping over $50. Ends Aug 21.

http://www.landsend.com/shop/for-the-home/-/N-g31Zjv6?cm_re=monetate_b-40off-082013

Free Shipping on $50 orders + 40% off regularly priced backpacks & lunch boxes

Savings reflected at checkout when you enter
Promotion Code: READY
PIN: 3025

Save 40% on regularly priced backpacks and lunch boxes (excludes monogramming, gift boxing, gift cards, shipping, taxes, duties and excluded items as marked). Discount will be applied at checkout. Also receive Free Shipping to U.S. and Canadian addresses on a single order of $50 or more of merchandise after promotional savings applied. 5-7 business day delivery to most addresses. This offer has no cash value and is not redeemable for cash. Applies only to merchandise purchased from landsend.com and Lands’ End consumer catalogs. Excludes Lands’ End Business Outfitters purchases. Promotional savings may be deducted from returns. Offer valid through 11:59 p.m. Central, August 21, 2013. Not valid on previous purchases or when combined with any other promotional offers or employee discounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter